And when the music stops.....

JinWPB

Fins boards are lit up . Reporting Chad Pennington on his way to Miami following his release. Apparently Dolphins had already inquired prior to his release by Jets today.

Our playoff road looks longer still.....

Fins boards are lit up . Reporting Chad Pennington on his way to Miami following his release. Apparently Dolphins had already inquired prior to his release by Jets today.

The Phish get Pennington, big deal. That does nothing to lengthen our playoff road. Miami is not in a position where any quarterback, let alone Chaaad, can help them. They might as well save their money and play Henne.

Chad may not be the QB he was, or one we would want, but he is a lot better than what the Fish have now. He's a Tuna guy , and a veteran of AFCE wars.

Yes it will make beating them harder.

Anybody know his record against us as a starter? I'll bet .500 or better.

Lori ???

Chad may not be the QB he was, or one we would want, but he is a lot better than what the Fish have now. He's a Tuna guy , and a veteran of AFCE wars.

Lori ???

Regardless of his record against us as a starter, he can't do it alone. What is he gonna do, chuck the ball, sprint 10 or 15 yards, catch it himself and take it in for 6? All while blocking for himself? And while playing defense?

"PLAYOFFS! Don't talk about playoffs. Are you kidding me? PLAYOFFS?"

If the Bills can't beat a Dolphins team QBed by a player with the limitations of Pennington, they weren't going to sniff the playoffs anyway. So yeah, good pickup for Miami, but I don't see any particular reason to be worried about their roster moves.

Lori ???

Nope. I've got him at 3-5, including a sweep last season. You're right about him being an improvement over their current QBs, though, and how sad is that?

(Answer: not at all, if you're a Bills fan ... :D )

Pennington sucked out loud for the Jets. Now we're supposed to worry because he's about to join the "powerhouse" Fins??

PTR

I don't see the need to be dismissive, Pennington consistently completes 65% of his passes. If Soprano as a former O-Line and TE's Coach can get the Hogs up front to move the pile they may be Jake Long (Unkown could be a joe Thomas or Robert Gallery or something in between)

Pennington sucked out loud for the Jets. Now we're supposed to worry because he's about to join the "powerhouse" Fins??

PTR

I don't see the need to be dismissive, Pennington consistently completes 65% of his passes. If Soprano as a former O-Line and TE's Coach can get the Hogs to move the pile up front they could really sustain drives W/ Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Dan Henning ran a meat & potatoes' offense W/ Carolina. Pennington is what he is a cerebral quarterback who puts excellent touch on throws and a quick release. His arm strength is weak and there are always question marks about his health. Maybe Bill's fan shouldn't be worried about this move, but it doesn't make the Dolphins any worse and considering Pennington will have the comforts of the indoor Rogers Centre he won't have to worry about the elements. I think the Dolphins did a lot towards improving the team from a year ago.

I don't see the need to be dismissive, Pennington consistently completes 65% of his passes. If Soprano as a former O-Line and TE's Coach can get the Hogs to move the pile up front they could really sustain drives W/ Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams. Dan Henning ran a meat & potatoes' offense W/ Carolina. Pennington is what he is a cerebral quarterback who puts excellent touch on throws and a quick release. His arm strength is weak and there are always question marks about his health. Maybe Bill's fan shouldn't be worried about this move, but it doesn't make the Dolphins any worse and considering Pennington will have the comforts of the indoor Rogers Centre he won't have to worry about the elements. I think the Dolphins did a lot towards improving the team from a year ago.

He also completes a lot of 7 yard passes on 3rd and 10. If playing against Pennington is our biggest worry this year then I think things will be just fine.