Peters info per Chris Brown

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want this to get lost in the already super long threads...

I asked Chris Brown if any of Peter's linemates had heard from him. He said no one has indicated they've heard from him.

To me, this is a bad sign, it's a sign he is preparing to hold out for an extended period... This is a unique situation as has been discussed. Someone must be feeding his ego and making him think he doesn't need to prove anything... Like Jerry Glanville said, the NFL stands for Not For Long. And spending a season in your prime out of the game isn't going to help him at all... It isn't going to endear him with any other GM - and there's no guarantee he'll come back and play as well as he did before the holdout. He'll have to wait 3 years for a release... most holdouts only have 1 year left, so they have a bit of bargaining power - given they'll become a FA. His agent is doing him a disservice right now if he's encouraging this (which I have to believe he is doing). Heck, maybe they aren't even talking...

Dockery was quoted in Wilson's article saying that last summer he only heard from Peters once, that when Jason wants to get away from the game he really gets away from the game.

Peters is underpaid. According to Wilson, he wants a new deal now, they won't give him one until next year. So he is doing the only thing he can do, hold out. So far this hold out has cost him nothing, zip. If he doesn't play this year, he loses $ and the team loses a pro bowl left tackle. If the teams doesn't give in, you can kiss Peters good bye, it will just be a question of when, this year, next year, whenever. Great strategy, turn arguably our best player into a disgruntled soon to be ex-employee.

The article also indicates that Peters hasn't responded to any text messages or voicemails left by the Bills. Would it kill him to give someone at the Front Office a call?

About what? There is nothing to say, he wants a new deal this year, they said no, he said good bye. I guarantee that if they send a text message that says "Lets negotiate, make us an offer" they will get a response.

Dockery was quoted in Wilson's article saying that last summer he only heard from Peters once, that when Jason wants to get away from the game he really gets away from the game.

Peters is underpaid. According to Wilson, he wants a new deal now, they won't give him one until next year. So he is doing the only thing he can do, hold out. So far this hold out has cost him nothing, zip. If he doesn't play this year, he loses $ and the team loses a pro bowl left tackle. If the teams doesn't give in, you can kiss Peters good bye, it will just be a question of when, this year, next year, whenever. Great strategy, turn arguably our best player into a disgruntled soon to be ex-employee.

The Bills have Peters for at least the next 3 years, and if they want, the next 5 (franchise tag). If he decides to retire, the Bills will demand that he repay his $5M signing bonus, and they'll still own his rights. And by racking-up fines for missing TC and sitting out the first 10 games, he'll make almost nothing this season. The question becomes, does he want to take that road?

Yeah, I guess that settles it. God has spoken. We can essentially now ignore all of Peter's inaction and failed attempts at communication.

Not ignoring sh-t...just relieved that he's at least talked to one of his teammates. Don't pout about it.