Boy, hard to imagine this isn't it???

Part of Payton's frustration stems from the fact the first through sixth draft picks have signed, setting somewhat of a precedent for the amount of money Ellis should receive.

"He needs to recognize, and I'm sure he will, that the slots ahead of him have signed and he's missing valuable playing time and valuable reps as a rookie," Payton said. "Then when he comes in, then all of a sudden we've got to get him acclimated because he hasn't been here. That's where there's some urgency on his part."

Ellis' agent, Eugene Parker, did not return phone messages left at his office.

:P

I could be wrong, but does that last sentence mean that the agent didn't reply to messages left by the writer of the article? If so, that's not such a big deal at all. Often times a writer calls the subject of a story and cannot reach them, or the person doesn't want to be interviewed for the article.

If that sentence is referring to not returing phone calls of the team... then that's a completely different story!

One thing about this agent seems to be that he doesn't negotiate in the media - he's not out there demanding attention for his holdouts. It's frustrting, because without that, you don't know what's going on, but at the same time, it seems like it keeps a lid on some of the bad blood. Think about Drew Rosenhaus's strategy - telling everyone who can listen what's wrong with his players' bosses.

I could be wrong, but does that last sentence mean that the agent didn't reply to messages left by the writer of the article? If so, that's not such a big deal at all. Often times a writer calls the subject of a story and cannot reach them, or the person doesn't want to be interviewed for the article.

If that sentence is referring to not returing phone calls of the team... then that's a completely different story!

It has nothing to do with the agent returning phone calls to anyone. Parker has a ROOKIE client in which every player in front of his client is signed. That's the point Payton is making. So, you kind of know where your money falls. What's the holdup?

It has nothing to do with the agent returning phone calls to anyone. Parker has a ROOKIE client in which every player in front of his client is signed. That's the point Payton is making. So, you kind of know where your money falls. What's the holdup?

I get that point... but you bolded the last sentence and included a wallbash like you thought it was ridiculous that the agent wasn't returing phone calls. Just wanted to clarify that it probably meant he wasn't returing phone calls to the reporter (which is normal), not that he wasn't returning phone calls to the team (which would be ridiculous).

I get that point... but you bolded the last sentence and included a wallbash like you thought it was ridiculous that the agent wasn't returing phone calls. Just wanted to clarify that it probably meant he wasn't returing phone calls to the reporter (which is normal), not that he wasn't returning phone calls to the team (which would be ridiculous).

I bolded the last sentence simply to show that EUGENE PARKER was the agent. I could care less about the phone call part. I should have just bolded Parker!

Eugene Parker ring a bell? JP's agent...

Wow did the original posters point fly over some peoples heads! The fact is that this is the agent for Peters, Hester, Steven Jackson, and Ellis. The guy is not doing the league any favors here. At least Drew is mildly entertaining.

Wow did the original posters point fly over some peoples heads! The fact is that this is the agent for Peters, Hester, Steven Jackson, and Ellis. The guy is not doing the league any favors here. At least Drew is mildly entertaining.

Thank You! Geez. Especially in this particular case when the six guys before his client are all signed. How hard could it be at this point?