Pics of Friday's practice Wellsville Daily

Congratulations are in order for Oakie Duke, Editor of the WDR, for bringing digital publishing to my hometown on the banks of the Genny.

Congratulations are in order for Oakie Duke, Editor of the WDR, for bringing digital publishing to my hometown on the banks of the Genny.

Hm. I obviously haven't been paying attention, because I didn't know they were now a GateHouse shop. ME John Anderson's move "home" was the OTH's loss.

Oh yeah ... some decent pics. Haven't read a lot from Jannace, but I'll be looking forward to the features he promised.

Hm. I obviously haven't been paying attention, because I didn't know they were now a GateHouse shop. ME John Anderson's move "home" was the OTH's loss.

Oh yeah ... some decent pics. Haven't read a lot from Jannace, but I'll be looking forward to the features he promised.

I don't think I've been to their site for a few months, but this is the first I've noticed the upgrade. Oakie's a good hometown boy who used to date my sister. IIRC he's got a good recipe for grey squirrel ;-)

I don't know JAnderson- but to convince him to leave the TH for the WDR must have included the jump to News Editor.

For some time now, I have been considering trying to get my old job back with the "delivery" department at the WDR. Does this fancy schmancy "digital" stuff mean that my old gig has probably vanished?

So much for replacing the chain on the ole' bike then , that saves me some coin.

For some time now, I have been considering trying to get my old job back with the "delivery" department at the WDR. Does this fancy schmancy "digital" stuff mean that my old gig has probably vanished?

So much for replacing the chain on the ole' bike then , that saves me some coin.

That Madison Hill route is normally "available", but I don't know if a bicycle would be the best choice of delivery method.

On another note- back in the "old days", when the drinking age was 18 and the Unemployment Office had a sensible proximity in being located right next door to Better Days, a buddy walked into the bar one morning and took the seat next to me. He said he'd been given a lead at the unemployment office to do a big roofing job. He had a quick draft and then set off for the jobsite on Maple Ave. I got to thinking about where on Maple there might be a big roofing job, and the bar discussion went on for about 15 minutes about where it might be before my buddy returned and sat down to order a beer. I gave him a minute before asking "so they're doing the steeple on the Catholic Church?".

I don't think I've been to their site for a few months, but this is the first I've noticed the upgrade. Oakie's a good hometown boy who used to date my sister. IIRC he's got a good recipe for grey squirrel ;-)

I don't know JAnderson- but to convince him to leave the TH for the WDR must have included the jump to News Editor.

Don't think I ever met him, but he was one of the best cityside guys the TH has had in the time I've been a serious reader. Here's what Chuck Pollock had to say when he made the move in 2002 -- It just won’t be the same without John -- and here's Anderson's last TH column: Father, daughter go through ch-ch-changes .

Bobble, they're still printing, albeit only five days a week ...