Sirius @ 3pm

My favorite quote so far (when talking to Brandon about Whit's guarantee) "we know why, you have an in-shape team with an attitude! I love the LB corps"

Can the season just start already!!

Not much on Peters huh?

Except Jauron saying they haven't spoken??

Not much on Peters huh?

Here's some Peter's talk with Brandon...

- Didn't participate in OTA's or workouts, didn't show up for camp so we had to move on

- He's a big part of the team and we love him and want him here, but we have to play games so you have to move on and get ready to play

Sounds like the same - Peters has not contated them and they're not going to negotiate with him unless he comes to camp.

Not much on Peters huh?

Brandon just said they won't negotiate until Peters shows up.

Definitely what I expected from Brandon, that they aren't going to negotiate until peters comes to camp. Hopefully he realizes he isn't getting anything positive out of the holdout, and comes soon because we definitely need him going into the season.

Here's some Peter's talk with Brandon...

- Didn't participate in OTA's or workouts, didn't show up for camp so we had to move on

- He's a big part of the team and we love him and want him here, but we have to play games so you have to move on and get ready to play

Sounds like the same - Peters has not contated them and they're not going to negotiate with him unless he comes to camp.

This is one instance where I wish both sides would swallow their pride and come together. Either the Bills need to swallow first and call Peters and reassure him that if he shows up to camp, they will start talks about reworking his deal, OR, Peters just needs to show up to camp and start working. Both sides have backed themselves into a corner and I think both are not willing to be the first one to flinch but something has to give. I can see both sides of the coin on this one and I feel like both parties are right and wrong here. It's all about compromise and I hope something happens sooner then later.

This is one instance where I wish both sides would swallow their pride and come together. Either the Bills need to swallow first and call Peters and reassure him that if he shows up to camp, they will start talks about reworking his deal, OR, Peters just needs to show up to camp and start working. Both sides have backed themselves into a corner and I think both are not willing to be the first one to flinch but something has to give. I can see both sides of the coin on this one and I feel like both parties are right and wrong here. It's all about compromise and I hope something happens sooner then later.

I think the bills have to be extremely careful in how they handle this situation.

- They cannot come off like they are not willing to be fair hence the constant reenforcement that they would be willing to talk once he comes into camp.

- They cannot afford to just cave to Peters demands the way Peters is handling this. If they cave to Peters they are going to have this same problem with every other player that the sign to a contract when the player then discovers he is underpaid.

The way this is handled has bigger ramifications to the bills organization then just Jason Peters.

Pat and Tim's worries:

- McCargo / inside of the D line

- Pass rush (though it might be too early to judge this)

- TE; where is the guy that can draw coverage? Not on the roster. Could be Derek Fine though; middle reciever might be Parish rather than a TE. Bills might forgo the TE game and work the outside

I'm inclined to think that if the Bills are saying these things to the national media, then they've at least said them to JPeter's voicemail, email, facebook page, et al.

I think the bills have to be extremely careful in how they handle this situation.

- They cannot come off like they are not willing to be fair hence the constant reenforcement that they would be willing to talk once he comes into camp.

- They cannot afford to just cave to Peters demands the way Peters is handling this. If they cave to Peters they are going to have this same problem with every other player that the sign to a contract when the player then discovers he is underpaid.

The way this is handled has bigger ramifications to the bills organization then just Jason Peters.

really great insite here John. i think you've hit the nail on the head with this post. this is certainly the hottest story right now in Buffalo and for good reason. all we can do is sit back and hope the situation resolves itself in such a matter that the integrity of the organization and that of Jason Peters is held intact once this ordeal shakes out. Jason is the real deal and the Bills are a much better team with him on the field. I think the Bills will win 2-3 more games with him playing LT. This needs to be resolved quickly...

Pat and Tim's worries:

- McCargo / inside of the D line

- Pass rush (though it might be too early to judge this)

- TE; where is the guy that can draw coverage? Not on the roster. Could be Derek Fine though; middle reciever might be Parish rather than a TE. Bills might forgo the TE game and work the outside

While worrying about a lack of a pass rush is certainly justifiable when you take a look at last years under par display, this does not take into account the offseason acquisitions. If Stroud returns to form and stays healthy, that along with a better interior rotation (Spencer Johnson and an improving McCargo), will help to force the QB out of the pocket and into the waiting arms of Schobel and Denney. Also, Poz being healthy and the addition of Mitchell gives Buffalo a group of fast and athletic linebackers who will be able to blitz as well. I am super excited about the pass rush capabilities of this year's team and I think next year Buffalo goes after a top rated DE to fortify the position.

While worrying about a lack of a pass rush is certainly justifiable when you take a look at last years under par display, this does not take into account the offseason acquisitions. If Stroud returns to form and stays healthy, that along with a better interior rotation (Spencer Johnson and an improving McCargo), will help to force the QB out of the pocket and into the waiting arms of Schobel and Denney. Also, Poz being healthy and the addition of Mitchell gives Buffalo a group of fast and athletic linebackers who will be able to blitz as well. I am super excited about the pass rush capabilities of this year's team and I think next year Buffalo goes after a top rated DE to fortify the position.

They did say that Stroud looks great and spent the day in the backfield and the Johnson will be contributor. They were less enthusatic about McCargo, they said they worry about him and are not convince that he'll add much.

Guess we'll see...

They did say that Stroud looks great and spent the day in the backfield and the Johnson will be contributor. They were less enthusatic about McCargo, they said they worry about him and are not convince that he'll add much.

Guess we'll see...

The guy has the size and the strength. Does he have the heart and the talent? We are going to find out very soon. I have my fingers crossed that he does not turn out to be a bust but I will stay positive for now...

Poz in on:

- Mitchell brings experiece to the LB corps; what more could you want than a guy that won the SB

- Mike linebacker has lots of responsibility in this system

- Trent has much more confidence (this has been said by everyone all show long) and rarely makes mistakes

Poz in on:

- Mitchell brings experiece to the LB corps; what more could you want than a guy that won the SB

- Mike linebacker has lots of responsibility in this system

- Trent has much more confidence (this has been said by everyone all show long) and rarely makes mistakes

This all sounds very positive. I will say this in regard to Trent: the things Trent does well tend to manifest quickly into winning football. Trent has his limitations, but typically the guy who mentally understands the game like he appears to, and has a quick release, is the guy who the game slows down for and has great success. The strong armed, physically talented QB's who don't have that mental edge take years of seasoning and in many cases never become consistently great QB's. I think we're going to see Trent turn into a damn good QB.

McCargo is definitely one to watch in camp. Agree with the sentiments others have posted on him. Haven't heard or read much so any reporting of the interior of the line is appreciated. I think we should know what a Kelsay, Schobel and Denney bring, but the inside rotations and performance will be interesting to follow.

Kirwin & Ryan said they were out at camp & were not impressed with John Mccargo. They expect Spencer Johnson to be the first guy off the bench behind Marcus Stroud & Kyle Williams.

Also they say that Marcus Stroud is a beast & was in the backfield all practice. He was taking on blockers easily 1 with each arm. He appears to be ready for a big season.

They also liked the quick feet of the Bills LB's & said they already look in unison with each other. They were also impressed with the play calling of Poz , how he would check out of something & into something else.

They were impressed with Derek Fines blocking but were not impressed with the Bills TE's as a unit. Courtney Anderson appears to be the odd man out right now & could end up getting cut

They were impressed with the Bills CB's except for possibly McKelvin. They felt Reggie Corner looked better than McKelvin but said that McKevin would get better in time. They were very impressed with Jabari Greer & said he would not give up his starting job easily. The also mentioned that William James is a big phyical corner who was giving Bills WR's fits getting off the line of scrimmage. They mentioned that Parrish took McKelvin to School today turning him inside out.