Kerry said to be excommunicated

Article

Looks like kerry has some new problems. Wow, I never thought that the October surprise would come from the Catholic Church.

Its good to see the church stick to its guns. Bravo....can't have it both ways kerry.

75641[/snapback]

Rich,

The link doesn't work for me, which leads me to believe someone pulled a piece of crap fabricated story. But if true, that'd be a lot like Michael Jackson rebuking my mom for raising her child poorly. The Catholic Church leadership doesn't have much moral authority left.

Most Catholics disagree with certain areas of church policy, but I don't see them being punished for their disagreements. If they were, there wouldn't be a Catholic Church left.

Rich,

The link doesn't work for me, which leads me to believe someone pulled a piece of crap fabricated story. But if true, that'd be a lot like Michael Jackson rebuking my mom for raising her child poorly. The Catholic Church leadership doesn't have much moral authority left.

Most Catholics disagree with certain areas of church policy, but I don't see them being punished for their disagreements. If they were, there wouldn't be a Catholic Church left.

75681[/snapback]

I am a pretty devout Catholic and while there are some in the Catholic Church leadership who are lacking, overall it has some good standars and keep them in place. Every organization has bad apples in charge, look at the Army, but it doesn't make the organization bad (except for the Army).

Now I will tell you if you are vocally supportive of abortion you will be excommunicated, but the Catholic Church in it's wisdom was trying to keep out of the politics. Now there has been a lot of folks wanting these "Pro-abortion" murderers excommunicated for a long time. It's about time the Church backs up their beliefs.

I am a pretty devout Catholic and while there are some in the Catholic Church leadership who are lacking, overall it has some good standars and keep them in place.  Every organization has bad apples in charge, look at the Army, but it doesn't make the organization bad (except for the Army).

Now I will tell you if you are vocally supportive of abortion you will be excommunicated, but the Catholic Church in it's wisdom was trying to keep out of the politics.  Now there has been a lot of folks wanting these "Pro-abortion" murderers excommunicated for a long time.  It's about time the Church backs up their beliefs.

75702[/snapback]

Rich's link still doesn't work for me. But I just found an article on NYT. It's amounts to a canon lawyer not affliated w/ the Vatican blowing a lot of smoke. Was Bush castigated b/c he didn't "turn the other cheek" when we were attacked?

As I said, if they excommunicate everyone who disagrees with them, they're pretty soon going to be preaching to empty churches and facing bankruptcy. Oh wait, some of them already are. I'm not a supporter of abortion, but I'm not about to tell other people they have to agree with me or else they're kicked out of my club.

I am a pretty devout Catholic and while there are some in the Catholic Church leadership who are lacking, overall it has some good standars and keep them in place.  Every organization has bad apples in charge, look at the Army, but it doesn't make the organization bad (except for the Army).

Now I will tell you if you are vocally supportive of abortion you will be excommunicated, but the Catholic Church in it's wisdom was trying to keep out of the politics.  Now there has been a lot of folks wanting these "Pro-abortion" murderers excommunicated for a long time.  It's about time the Church backs up their beliefs.

75702[/snapback]

I just love how pro lifers are all worried about an unborn child however fail to address the concerns of the already born. Its okay for them to kill whom they want and are always the first ones who were sending their daughters to Europe before abortion became a right in this country.

If the right wing conservatives really believe that every life is specical than they should have been the first ones calling for end to capital punishment, voting to get rid of assault rifles ( yeah really need them to hunt deer), should be concerned about funding distribution of condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

I just love how pro lifers are all worried about an unborn child however fail to address the concerns of the already born.  Its okay for them to kill whom they want and are always the first ones who were sending their daughters to Europe before abortion became a right in this country.   

If the right wing conservatives really believe that every life is specical than they should have been the first ones calling for end to capital punishment, voting to get rid of assault rifles ( yeah really need them to hunt deer), should be concerned about funding distribution of condoms to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

75729[/snapback]

And you obviously don't have a clue. You have no idea what I do or don't do to help out. You have no idea if I send money to these places, volunteer my time to help children, etc..

BTW I do all of the above and a lot more, how about you? What do you do to make the world a better place, besides complain about people with morals?

Rich's link still doesn't work for me. But I just found an article on NYT. It's amounts to a canon lawyer not affliated w/ the Vatican blowing a lot of smoke. Was Bush castigated b/c he didn't "turn the other cheek" when we were attacked?

Bush is not Catholic.

As I said, if they excommunicate everyone who disagrees with them, they're pretty soon going to be preaching to empty churches and facing bankruptcy. Oh wait, some of them already are. I'm not a supporter of abortion, but I'm not about to tell other people they have to agree with me or else they're kicked out of my club.

The Catholic church does not excommunicate everyone who disagrees with them. Kerry is using his Catholicism the way he used Vietnam. If the Catholic church decides that they don't like a public figure using the religion as a foundation to pursue policies that they don't agree with, then I think they have every right to differentiate the religion from the candidate.

75725[/snapback]

Reread the Bible. Maybe you never have, but the Bible states there is a time to war. Have you ever heard of the Good Samaritan? It is in reference to helping those who can't help themselves. Of course you would rather have millions killed by Saddam, by putting him back in power.

I just love how pro lifers are all worried about an unborn child however fail to address the concerns of the already born.  Its okay for them to kill whom they want and are always the first ones who were sending their daughters to Europe before abortion became a right in this country.   

75729[/snapback]

Yup, pro-lifers want to kill "anyone they want." Another idiotic remark from the dopes on the left.

Voting to get rid of assault rifles? You do realize that "assault rifles" are rarely used in the commission of crimes, right? Oh, wait. They are used on TV and in movies, so that must mean that it is reality.

You guys amaze me.

And you obviously don't have a clue.  You have no idea what I do or don't do to help out.  You have no idea if I send money to these places, volunteer my time to help children, etc.. 

BTW I do all of the above and a lot more, how about you?  What do you do to make the world a better place, besides complain about people with morals?

75731[/snapback]

I wasnt questioning what you do. You made the comment ProAbortion Murderers. You try to lump anyone who is pro abortion as some how being a murderer. But if someone was was pro capital punishment killing I am sure you wouldnt call them a murderer would you. What I was challenging is the hypocracy of the pro lifers whom seem to only be for life in certain situations.

BTW I do all of the above and a lot more, how about you? What do you do to make the world a better place, besides complain about people with morals?

VABills - the liberals I know do little or nothing to make the world a better place besides the complaining you mentioned. It seems they don't understand the idea of individuals deciding how they want to make the world a better place in their own mold using their own money. They sure can tell you how to make it a better place using your money, though.

Case in point -- Kerry has stated that he wants to improve relations with the world and bring more allies to the table. Looking at the school tragedy in Chechnya -- what better way for the people of America and the people of Russia to unite in the war on terror than to have an outpouring of charitable donations to the families affected? So how many libs donated to this cause? I got an e-mail last week from the organization overseeing this effort and they are grateful to have raised millions. During the WTC tragedy, we raised billions. And I will add that I feel much more confident my money is being used for the victims in Russia than I was about my contribution to the 9/11 fund. Looks like the libs must have pocketed their unwanted tax returns and are waiting instead for Kerry to win, raise taxes, and send government money on behalf of them.

Bush is not Catholic. 

The Catholic church does not excommunicate everyone who disagrees with them.  Kerry is using his Catholicism the way he used Vietnam.  If the Catholic church decides that they don't like a public figure using the religion as a foundation to pursue policies that they don't agree with, then I think they have every right to differentiate the religion from the candidate.

75733[/snapback]

In what way is he "using" catholicism? Please explain just how it is that Kerry is using his religion as "a foundation to pursue policies" that the church opposes.

This is simply naked politics disguised as religion. The catholic church is against the death penalty and war yet no one faces excommunication on those issues. As far as having the right to whatever, of course the church does, they can do any freaking thing they want. That is not the question. For catholics like myself the issue is the politically partisan application of church doctrine.

75729[/snapback]

You should really make sure that you have woken up before you post. This may be the wackiest statement I have seen all week.

Have a cup of joe, and try again. maybe you should actually read your post before you hit "add reply"

Bush is not Catholic. 

The Catholic church does not excommunicate everyone who disagrees with them.  Kerry is using his Catholicism the way he used Vietnam.  If the Catholic church decides that they don't like a public figure using the religion as a foundation to pursue policies that they don't agree with, then I think they have every right to differentiate the religion from the candidate.

75733[/snapback]

Very well said, on both counts.

I just love how pro lifers are all worried about an unborn child however fail to address the concerns of the already born.   Its okay for them to kill whom they want and are always the first ones who were sending their daughters to Europe before abortion became a right in this country.   

75729[/snapback]

Love the standard mass hysteria soundbyte against "assault rifles". Care to clearly define what an assault rifle is? Please use important characteristics that discern them from my other rifles OF THE SAME CALIBER. Fuggin' mynah bird.

I didn't realize it was the government's responsibility to be in people's bedrooms or place birth control in high schools. Perhaps you could point to the proper line on the subject in the Constitution for me?

I wasnt questioning what you do.  You made the comment ProAbortion Murderers.  You try to lump anyone who is pro abortion as some how being a murderer.    But if someone was was pro capital punishment killing I am sure you wouldnt call them a murderer would you.  What I was challenging is the hypocracy of the pro lifers whom seem to only be for life in certain situations.

75748[/snapback]

So your "solution" is to lump in the almost ONE HUNDRED MILLION gun owners in this country with common criminals. Let's keep wondering why our government is grabbing more of our liberties using this "thought" process.

In what way is he "using" catholicism?  Please explain just how it is that Kerry is using his religion as "a foundation to pursue policies" that the church opposes. 

This is simply naked politics disguised as religion.  The catholic church is against the death penalty and war yet no one faces excommunication on those issues.  As far as having the right to whatever, of course the church does, they can do any freaking thing they want.  That is not the question.  For catholics like myself the issue is the politically partisan application of church doctrine.

75798[/snapback]

Would you have been happier if the Catholic Church simply turned the other cheek and did nothing to kerry? Well of course that is a stupid question, I know that you would prefer that they do that...but I had to ask the question.

I wasnt questioning what you do.  You made the comment ProAbortion Murderers.  You try to lump anyone who is pro abortion as some how being a murderer.    But if someone was was pro capital punishment killing I am sure you wouldnt call them a murderer would you.  What I was challenging is the hypocracy of the pro lifers whom seem to only be for life in certain situations.

75748[/snapback]

An unborn child never brutually kill anyone. They deserve to live. Some pyscho that killed 10 people doesn't. It's not being a hypocrit, it's just using common sense.

"Let every soul be subject to higher powers. For there is no power but from God: and those that are ordained of God. Therefore, he that resisteth the power resisteth the ordinance of God. And they that resist purchase to themselves damnation. For princes are not a terror to the good work, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? Do that which is good: and thou shalt have praise from the same. For he is God's minister to thee, for good. But if thou do that which is evil, fear: for he beareth not the sword in vain. For he is God's minister: an avenger to execute wrath upon him that doth evil" (Romans 13:1-4).

In what way is he "using" catholicism? Please explain just how it is that Kerry is using his religion as "a foundation to pursue policies" that the church opposes.

In both debates where the abortion issue was discussed, Kerry was emphatic that he was a Catholic and believed as the Catholic church does on the issue. In both debates he also stated that he can't transfer his "article of faith" to others. The Catholic church is pretty clear about this. They expect leaders who wave the Catholic flag to support Catholic policies. Kerry can't have it both ways on this issue. He can't tout Catholicism among his credentials and at the same time promise a pro-choice litmus test for the Supreme Court. Extreme hyocrisy from the man criticizng Bush for words without deeds.

You just know it's going to be a good day when someone is quoting from Romans.

75847[/snapback]

I have more, that was just a start. Of course I will break out my Catechism and start quoting from that soon as well. Isn't it great when our Pope who is against capital punishment is misquoted. While he doesn't believe in it, the doctrine of Catholic faith does permit it in several circumstances. the first one being that in doing so no innocent people are killed, except in war.

If a church wants to become involved in politics it's their right, but their tax exemption should be pulled. I'm a Catholic and I don't want the church telling me who to vote for or against. What's next, excommunication for not supporting welfare payments or raising taxes for social programs? It's a slippery slope.

I have more, that was just a start.  Of course I will break out my Catechism and start quoting from that soon as well.  Isn't it great when our Pope who is against capital punishment is misquoted.  While he doesn't believe in it, the doctrine of Catholic faith does permit it in several circumstances.  the first one being that in doing so no innocent people are killed, except in war.

75859[/snapback]

At the 26th anniversary celebration of his election as pope on Sunday, John Paul spoke out against captial punishment, as he has numerous times before, and said he's against the entire doctrine of pre-emptive war, nevermind that he's spoken out against war as an answer since he gained the office. So, you're picking and choosing b/w what the pope says now and what the Church has said in the past, so as to fit your views. If you don't like Starbucks, you can quote the Church when they pronounced coffee as an evil. Or dancing.

And just like you don't want others deciding for you what your beliefs are, please refrain from saying that I'd want Saddam re-installed. I wanted him gone in 1991 when I was 12 y.o. but we had another guy in office named Bush who wouldn't complete a job either. Republican doctrine after that was not to get involved with playing "world cop" and humanitarian efforts. We're paying the price for that now, with dividends.

At the 26th anniversary celebration of his election as pope on Sunday, John Paul spoke out against captial punishment, as he has numerous times before, and said he's against the entire doctrine of pre-emptive war, nevermind that he's spoken out against war as an answer since he gained the office. So, you're picking and choosing b/w what the pope says now and what the Church has said in the past, so as to fit your views. If you don't like Starbucks, you can quote the Church when they pronounced coffee as an evil. Or dancing.

And just like you don't want others deciding for you what your beliefs are, please refrain from saying that I'd want Saddam re-installed. I wanted him gone in 1991 when I was 12 y.o. but we had another guy in office named Bush who wouldn't complete a job either. Republican doctrine after that was not to get involved with playing "world cop" and humanitarian efforts. We're paying the price for that now, with dividends.

76036[/snapback]

So you are going to teach me about Catholic doctrine, which BTW is our Catechism? I can quote you all you want, I have two copies at home. Don't presume to tell me what is and is not in it.

The Pope has his agenda, that may or may not match with Church doctrine. Happens forever. He is teaching what is called the "New" Catholic church doctrine that the Church hopes to adopt but has not yet. He also wants all powers in the world to dis-arm military weapons. Nice ideas, but not realistic. I would love to someday see that but I am also a realist.

This is one of the (many) reasons I am no longer a Catholic. Makes my convictions all the more solid, in both who I am voting for and also renouncing my Catholocism.

It really bothers me that those who say they are the most faithful are often the most intolerant of others that have a different belief or view then them, regardless of their religion. I can't believe that God/Yahwah/Allah/Jesus intended religion to be the great divider that it is in this country and the world.

It really bothers me that those who say they are the most faithful are often the most intolerant of others that have a different belief or view then them, regardless of their religion.  I can't believe that God/Yahwah/Allah/Jesus intended religion to be the great divider that it is in this country and the world.

76143[/snapback]

It isn't , it's those that don't want to abide by the religion yet have all the benefits that seem to have problems. You want to be Catholic, okay some basic tenets are 10 Commandments, Catechism, believe in Jesus, go to confession, go to church on Sunday, you cannot be proabortion, etc...

There are rules with everything, you don't like the rules, go somewhere else. Just like you want to be an American and live here, you have certain rules.

If you don't want to be Catholic, try another religion, or no religion. I guess will find out when you die who was right. Me I have faith and while I am not perfect and sin daily, I hope that I am forgiven and get to go to heaven when I die. I will never know for sure until then. But I live my life to the standards set forth and hope it's enough.

Also, I am not intolerant, but part of my belief is that I am supposed to guide, teach and bring others closer to God, if they listen. If they choose to have a closed mind and heart, I can't do much, but I let you know what it takes to get closer.

You want to be Catholic, okay some basic tenets are 10 Commandments, Catechism, believe in Jesus, go to confession, go to church on Sunday, you cannot be proabortion, etc...

Many of those rules/laws were made by humans hundreds of years after Jesus (priests can't marry, life begins at conception, eat fish on Fridays, etc.). I go by what Jesus SAID, not what people interpret what he meant, which has changed over the centuries depending on who was in charge of church doctrine. My guiding principle is "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you".

Many of those rules/laws were made by humans hundreds of years after Jesus (priests can't marry, life begins at conception, eat fish on Fridays, etc.). I go by what Jesus SAID, not what people interpret what he meant, which has changed over the centuries depending on who was in charge of church doctrine. My guiding principle is "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you".

76166[/snapback]

And what Jesus said is interpreted by people hundreds of years later. Believe what you want, but remembersometimes the easy way isn't the right way. Also, remember those that know but chose not to follow will have to answer why. It's not up to me to judge you, but give you the information, what you choose to do is your decision.

If a church wants to become involved in politics it's their right, but their tax exemption should be pulled. I'm a Catholic and I don't want the church telling me who to vote for or against.  What's next, excommunication for not supporting welfare payments or raising taxes for social programs?  It's a slippery slope.

75912[/snapback]

Agreed. Separation of chuch and state. I don't want some religion telling my goverment how to run the country. I also don't want my government telling a religion how to run their chuch.

It isn't , it's those that don't want to abide by the religion yet have all the benefits that seem to have problems.  You want to be Catholic, okay some basic tenets are 10 Commandments, Catechism, believe in Jesus, go to confession, go to church on Sunday, you cannot be proabortion, etc...

Do you believe that anyone who is not Catholic is going to hell? Or, rather, do you belive that anyone who doesn't follow 'the rules' of Catholicism is going to hell?

If a church wants to become involved in politics it's their right, but their tax exemption should be pulled. I'm a Catholic and I don't want the church telling me who to vote for or against.  What's next, excommunication for not supporting welfare payments or raising taxes for social programs?  It's a slippery slope.

Agreed. So how many times have you heard about a priest, minister, or rabbi endorsing Bush or allowing Bush to make a stump speech from the pulpit? Compare that to the number of times that a Baptist church has openly campaigned from the pulpit for Kerry and even invited Kerry, Jackson, and/or Sharpton to promote the Democrat ticket.

Do you believe that anyone who is not Catholic is going to hell?  Or, rather, do you belive that anyone who doesn't follow 'the rules' of Catholicism is going to hell?

77775[/snapback]

Neither, I believe that if you have been taught and know then if you don't follow you have some things to answer for. It is not my decision on who goes where. But I believe Jesus and God gave us some clear direction on what it takes to get to heaven. They don't expect perfection, but rather believe follow his word to the best of your ability and profess that word to others. If that means speaking out against abortion like I do, than so be it.

We all make decisions here on earth that we all have to answer for.

When my church begins to excom... political leaders for views/actions that oppose all of the churches doctrine; such as birth control, death penalty, unjust wars I will suport any excom... of course that will leave no Catholics involved in government, I will then support Senator Kerrys dismissal from my church. The churches leaders are cafateria catholics, like most of the rest of us.

My bio, regarding above:

Anti Abortion pro adoption and pro choice,

Anti Death penalty

No artificial birth control

two visits to Haiti

Felt the war in Iraq was just, have since determined we were lied to.

Teach CCD

Just try to excom.. me :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

75912[/snapback]

That could really help a city like Buffalo... How much property is owned by the Catholic church... ALOT!