Ticket Sales

Being the out-of-towner that I am, I was clearly annoyed by the lack of tickets available to the public after the season ticket holders were able to gobble up a lot of them. I attend 1 game a year (the drive from Albany is a bit much 8 times a year), so when it appeared that I was shut out...directly through the Bills, at least...I was not exactly happy with the whole situation.

However, I have some renewed faith. :blush:

The gentleman to which I pleaded my case back in June took down my phone number and actually called me today saying there were some available. I was able to buy (through group sales) 15 tickets for the Chargers game on October 19th.

It may not mean a lot to many of the posters here, but I'll be able to extend my streak of attending at least 1 game to 14 years. :rolleyes:

I buy all my tix off stubhub so i can sit where in the section i ususally like to. They dont charge much more. On avg i pay an extra 5 bucks a ticket....theres no shortage of tickets for any game on there or on ebay or any other of the websites. So you should never really get shut out of seeing a game you want to go to

I buy all my tix off stubhub so i can sit where in the section i ususally like to. They dont charge much more. On avg i pay an extra 5 bucks a ticket....theres no shortage of tickets for any game on there or on ebay or any other of the websites. So you should never really get shut out of seeing a game you want to go to

Very true, but I was impressed with the fact that I got a call back. I rarely see something like this happen these days.

StubHub grabs 15% of the listed sale price from the seller AND charges the buyer the listed sales price PLUS an additional 10% of the sale price PLUS $11.50 for the typical delivery. 25%+ is a considerable amount.

Sadly many of those who bought the additional tickets do not post them on TBD before going to SH due to the grief they get from the purists who think that they should be sold at cost. It's a lose (seller gets less) lose (buyer pays more) lose (tickets have a greater chance of going to the opponent fan) situation.

StubHub grabs 15% of the listed sale price from the seller AND charges the buyer the listed sales price PLUS an additional 10% of the sale price PLUS $11.50 for the typical delivery. 25%+ is a considerable amount.

Sadly many of those who bought the additional tickets do not post them on TBD before going to SH due to the grief they get from the purists who think that they should be sold at cost. It's a lose (seller gets less) lose (buyer pays more) lose (tickets have a greater chance of going to the opponent fan) situation.

Truth!

My $45 upper deck row 20 seats actually cost me $67 each after fees, to get ten seats together!

I would imagine if I had extras I would take a lot of chit if I put them up HERE for $67 + shipping. :rolleyes:

Being the out-of-towner that I am, I was clearly annoyed by the lack of tickets available to the public after the season ticket holders were able to gobble up a lot of them. I attend 1 game a year (the drive from Albany is a bit much 8 times a year), so when it appeared that I was shut out...directly through the Bills, at least...I was not exactly happy with the whole situation.

However, I have some renewed faith. :blush:

The gentleman to which I pleaded my case back in June took down my phone number and actually called me today saying there were some available. I was able to buy (through group sales) 15 tickets for the Chargers game on October 19th.

It may not mean a lot to many of the posters here, but I'll be able to extend my streak of attending at least 1 game to 14 years. :rolleyes:

Good for you. I talked with a higher up Bills ticket dept worker last week. I said it kind of sucks that the TBD group and another large group of Bills fans I know got shut out of the group sales. They were loyal and supported the Bills (last 6 years) when they sucked and now that they have turned the corner the Bills are not loyal to those who supported them in the past. I mentioned Jacks name. I wonder if they will contact him to see if there is any interest in group tickets for the opener.

Good for you. I talked with a higher up Bills ticket dept worker last week. I said it kind of sucks that the TBD group and another large group of Bills fans I know got shut out of the group sales. They were loyal and supported the Bills (last 6 years) when they sucked and now that they have turned the corner the Bills are not loyal to those who supported them in the past. I mentioned Jacks name. I wonder if they will contact him to see if there is any interest in group tickets for the opener.

I didn't try to make a federal case out of it....I just expressed my displeasure with the system that ST holders can get tickets for any other game, which can easily shut out people like me who only go once a year. The ticket rep seemed to be understanding, but still gave me the company line.

I figured it was good customer service of him to take my name & number. When he actually called me, I was almost beside myself. Apparently, all I had to do was complain a little.

Where are you sitting? the urinal?

I just paid top dollar for opening day seats in section 332, paid a little less than twice the actual cost to the holder.

this may have been true in the past, but it is not the case anymore....

i have plenty of tickets available to any game. i usually use ebay exclusively but will sell on here if need be.

So that's why they keep calling me this week, but not leaving a message.