Ryan Miller signs 5-yr extension

bills44

5 Years, 31.5 Mil or 6.25 per year.

So at this moment with his year remaining on his old contract at 3.5 mil we have Miller for 6 years at 5.8 mil per year on average. That's a hell of a bargain in the CRAZY contract age that is the NHL :thumbsup:

So five more years of needing 4 goals to win!

I kid, I kid...The boys in the suits are actually learning...$6.25M may look expensive now, but it's only going to look cheaper...The NHL open market is brutal, with no signs of a slowdown.

Miller has proven he's the guy and proven he can take them on an extended playoff run. Losing series to teams backstopped by Cam Ward and Ray Emery doesn't taste good, but now he has some stable years and the faith of the organization to get over that hump.

Those are good numbers for Buffalo for a solid goalie. Plus they are low enough as to not make miller untradeable in the future if Enroth turns out to heal lepers with his glove hand. Stability is good. Now, if they could only deal with the gigantic CF they have at wing right now and jettison Peters' useless self they'll be getting somewhere.

Sweet mother of God. Now just get Pommers signed to and this will have been a pretty decent offseason.

Lets not push it. After last offseason, it couldn't get worse unless they moved the team.

The Sabres still have too many RWs and are missing a second line C (Connolly will hurt his pu$$y in Game 8 and be out until Game 68). A good offseason would have been packaging a winger or two and draft picks to Florida to get Jokinen.

I'm still holding out hope for Bouwmeester. Imagine him and Rivet each getting 20-25 minutes a game.

This signing is important, no just for the fact Miller is a very good goalie, but it will also give the team a boost that hey, they CAN extend players and maybe that will trickle down to Pomer and the Sabres are finally showing that they have changed their ways after what happened with Drury and Briere.

Plus, other players and agents do take notice, trust on that.

Good job Darcy, Larry and Golisano. :thumbsup:

Lets not push it. After last offseason, it couldn't get worse unless they moved the team.

The Sabres still have too many RWs and are missing a second line C (Connolly will hurt his pu$$y in Game 8 and be out until Game 68). A good offseason would have been packaging a winger or two and draft picks to Florida to get Jokinen.

I'm still holding out hope for Bouwmeester. Imagine him and Rivet each getting 20-25 minutes a game.

I do not think that "pretty decent" is pushing it.

I would have really liked Jokinen. I was really disappointed when I saw what Phoenix gave up for him - I thought we could have offered a better package that wouldn't have significantly hurt the Sabres.

I have been a vocal critic of the Sabres, especially Quinn. But signing Miller is a good sign. They must have convinced Ryan they plan on building a winner again, not just cheap out. I just wish that the Sabres spent a little closer to the edge. I'm convinced Buffalo fans will kick in a little more for a cup contender. Please, Larry...stop nickel-n-diming your team leaders. (Drury)

PTR