Sabres/Bills doubleheader weekends

The Sabres 08/09 schedule is now out, and there are 4 weekends where you can see both the Sabres and Bills (and two weekends when you can also see UB football.)

Fri Oct 17 @ 7:30pm - Sabres vs Vancouver

Sat Oct 18 @ 3:30pm - UB vs Army

Sun Oct 19 @ 1:00pm - Bills vs. San Diego

Sat Nov 1 @ 7:00pm - Sabres vs. Washington

Sun Nov 2 @ 1:00pm - Bills vs NY Jets

Fri Nov 28 @ 2:00pm - UB vs Kent State

Fri Nov 28 @ 7:30pm - Sabres vs Pittsburgh

Sun Nov 30 @ 1:00pm - Bills vs. San Francisco

Sat Dec 27 @ 7:00pm - Sabres vs. NY Islanders

Sun Dec 28 @ 1:00pm - Bills vs. New England*

For out-of-towners like me, seeing the Sabres and/or UB on a Bills weekend is a bonus.

PTR

Didn't you miss Sabres vs Columbus on November 14th followed by Bills Cleveland on November 17th?

The Sabres 08/09 schedule is now out, and there are 4 weekends where you can see both the Sabres and Bills (and two weekends when you can also see UB football.)

For out-of-towners like me, seeing the Sabres and/or UB on a Bills weekend is a bonus.

PTR

I used to love doing those double headers. It went like this. Get to Rich by 9.30.Tailgate. Drink beers. Go to game. Drink more beers. Game ends go to parking lot. More beers for a little while. Go to Memorial Aud. Buy tix from scalpers. Go up Main to Anchor Bar. Beers and wings. Back to Sabre game. Go home and pass out.

Ahhh the good old days. Not sure if my body(and more specifically my liver) could stand that kind of workout anymore.

I used to love doing those double headers. It went like this. Get to Rich by 9.30.Tailgate. Drink beers. Go to game. Drink more beers. Game ends go to parking lot. More beers for a little while. Go to Memorial Aud. Buy tix from scalpers. Go up Main to Anchor Bar. Beers and wings. Back to Sabre game. Go home and pass out.

Ahhh the good old days. Not sure if my body(and more specifically my liver) could stand that kind of workout anymore.

Bro, i did the same thing. Sabres always played those home Sunday nighters that stared at 7.00pm. Forget work in the AM, afetr twenty beers, god knows what food, and at least two packs of Boros, no voice till Tuesday at the earliest.

PTR, thank you for this list. I have not decided what weekend to come home yet, this list makes it easy.

That October 17th weekend looks good!!

Bro, i did the same thing. Sabres always played those home Sunday nighters that stared at 7.00pm. Forget work in the AM, afetr twenty beers, god knows what food, and at least two packs of Boros, no voice till Tuesday at the earliest.

PTR, thank you for this list. I have not decided what weekend to come home yet, this list makes it easy.

That October 17th weekend looks good!!

I distinctly remember, Sabres Vs Canucks when they had those real ugly(almost all of their uni's have been) V jerseys. I was sitting in the ends somewhere and not seeing 12 of those blech shirts on the ice coming towards me. Was unable to stop the double vision even while concentrating to do so. Not sure if it was the same game but I do remember collapsing under my own weight while in the beer line. :thumbsup: Got up real quick though. Like a flash knockdown in boxing. Pretty embarrassing. :thumbsup: Even now posting about it. I'm sure there was no work for me the next day either.

Courtesy of Patrick 76777 from the BillsZone forum who discoverd Bills/Sabres weekends on the road:

Saturday November 8th - Sabres at Boston

Sunday November 9th - Bills at New England

&

Saturday December 13th - Sabres at New Jersey

Sunday December 14th - Bills at New York Jets

PTR

Courtesy of Patrick 76777 from the BillsZone forum who discoverd Bills/Sabres weekends on the road:

Saturday November 8th - Sabres at Boston

Sunday November 9th - Bills at New England

&

Saturday December 13th - Sabres at New Jersey

Sunday December 14th - Bills at New York Jets

PTR

Wow. I don't think I'd bother going to Gillette, but that New Jersey Devils / Jets weekend (don't even have to leave the Garden State!) is awfully tempting. Thanks for the heads-up!

PTR

I may be getting UB season tickets. If I do, I'll check out this one, since I am going up for the Chargers game.

I'm probably going to end up pulling a couple of those weekends. Lucky for me, I live here so it won't be much of an effort. Just waiting for my order form to come in the mail so I can pick my Sabres games.