Just in time for Halloween another album

millbank

Fresh from his great first album many years ago comes William Shatners or as we know him Captain Kirk his next album " Has Been"

oh my goodness listen to title song...... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Listen here

Has Been

75112[/snapback]

This album is wild, it is not Shatner just doing campy convers of classic rock songs. He co-wrote all of the songs with Ben Folds, and has guests like Adrian Belew (ex-King Crimson/Bowie sideman), and Henry Rollins. It is at times hilarious, and other times painful. If you grew up a Star Trek nerd liek me, you will get a kick out of hearing the voice of James T Kirk saying things like "I just can't get behind a big fat a$$". But, there is one very somber track on there called "What Have You Done", an open conversation with his wife who committed suicide a few years back. Very unusual record....

This album is wild, it is not Shatner just doing campy convers of classic rock songs. He co-wrote all of the songs with Ben Folds, and has guests like Adrian Belew (ex-King Crimson/Bowie sideman), and Henry Rollins.  It is at times hilarious, and other times painful.  If you grew up a Star Trek nerd liek me, you will get a kick out of hearing the voice of James T Kirk saying things like "I just can't get behind a big fat a$$".  But, there is one very somber track on there called "What Have You Done", an open conversation with his wife who committed suicide a few years back.  Very unusual record....

75143[/snapback]

yes it really is a mix isnt it..... this sort of thing is very interesting, enjoy folks who take risks....

Excellent!

Also, don't forget Will Hung's Christmas album,

Hung For The Holidays,

comes out tomorrow,

The gift that keeps on giving!  :lol:

75166[/snapback]

Serious Rico give Shatners Album a listen..... its interesting , remember various Mothers of Invention albums, while very crazy , they also were very inventive , Shatners Album is weird but its no william hung :lol::lol:

Serious Rico give Shatners Album a listen..... its interesting , remember various Mothers of Invention albums, while very crazy , they also were very inventive , Shatners Album is weird but its no william hung  :lol:  :lol:

75171[/snapback]

I heard some of it on Stern... worth a download. :lol: