Laughed till I almost wet myself

Completely agreed, I did not laugh once when I read this post.

I third that.

What class you showed. What a wonderful goodwill ambassador and representative of WNY your were. Not.

Mularkey, though probably not the best fit for the Bills, came within a hair of getting the Bills into the playoffs his first season. It's not as if he had the best cast of characters with which to work. He never said or did anything to embarrass the city or team. He left on good terms upon the change of guard in the front office, supposedly of his own volition.

I can pretty well imagine MMs cousin walking away and muttering to his wife, "there's another Buffalo refugee who comes to our part of the world acting all smug like he's better than us. What an A--hole. If that guy is typical for Buffalo, it's no wonder Mikey wanted out of there."

Congratulations on acting like a dick. It always amazes me when some "fan" doesn't realize that there are real people playing and coaching these games and they have relatives that actually care about them. I'm sure you're family is overflowing with people that can say they were NFL head coaches. If you want to act like an !@#$ please take off your Bills gear so you don't embarrass the rest of us.

The story would have been funnier if he beat the sh-- out of you with a toaster.

Well said. LOL at the last line. Thanks.

My sister-in-law is due this November. Malarkey. Of course, we are ALL telling them if it's a boy not to name it Mike. Even with all of the MM stories and how he sucked as a coach - they still may name the poor child that. I say it's borderline child abuse.

I fourth that.

In fact, I've got to think that the original post was greatly exaggerated, because I'm not sure anyone could be that rude.

I fifth that.....go put on your Tom Brady jersey.....although I am sure you also have an Eli Manning Jersey as well now

Congratulations on acting like a dick. It always amazes me when some "fan" doesn't realize that there are real people playing and coaching these games and they have relatives that actually care about them. I'm sure you're family is overflowing with people that can say they were NFL head coaches. If you want to act like an !@#$ please take off your Bills gear so you don't embarrass the rest of us.

The story would have been funnier if he beat the sh-- out of you with a toaster.

Now that got me laughing!

Being a Bills fan in the epicenter of dolphins/Jags/Bucs country, I find it necessary to fly my BILLS gear at every opportunity. Being there is a diappropriate number of WNY snowbirds/retirees in the area I often get a "thumbs up" or a "how bout them Bills" or an occasional high five while walking through the local establishments from other ex WNYers.

The other day shopping at the local Wally-world a guy walks up to me and askes if I'm from Buffalo (the hat and T-shirt may have been a clue). I say yes. He then proceeds to tell me his cousin used to coach for the Bills ......... I say WOW cool, what is his name. His answer ...................... Mike Mularkey ........ and he beems this big old smile at me.

My jaw drops ...... I start to laugh ........ then I say ........ Ohhhhhhhhh I get it ...... you're a Bills fan too and are just pulling my leg.

His jaw drops ...... he starts to studder ....... ahhhhh ...... well .... no .... Mikes my cousin.

I go into my "that meatheaded SOB singlehandedly set my beloved Bills back five years, he couldn't coach a local pee wee team" rant ...... my voice goes up a few octives ....... "don't you know the Bills fans rode him out of town on a rail"?????

Both our wifes start shifting from foot to foot convinced at any moment the loud speaker is going to blare ........... RIOT ON ISLE 3......... DEPLOY THE WAL-MART SWAT TEAM

He looks at me sheepishly and mutters .......... Yeah I guess he did pretty much suck while he was up there, and starts to laugh

I reply ........ Why yes he did ...... but it's nice meeting you anyway .... and I start to laugh

We shake hands and go our seperate ways both laughing and shaking our heads.

Priceless !

I've been reading the flack going back to Macroni, most of it is undeserved IMHO. This guy walks up to a total stranger in a Walmart and annouces MM is his cousin. He has to be ready for anyhting that may come back at him. Yes he probably wont do that again.

If you were in a social setting as members of some set (Wedding, group, etc.,) then it would be extremely rude. Why MM chose to leave Buffalo was because his kids were being chided and threatened, now that was rude. I would have left Buffalo as well if my kids were being pestered at school.

I've been reading the flack going back to Macroni, most of it is undeserved IMHO. This guy walks up to a total stranger in a Walmart and annouces MM is his cousin. He has to be ready for anyhting that may come back at him. Yes he probably wont do that again.

If you were in a social setting as members of some set (Wedding, group, etc.,) then it would be extremely rude. Why MM chose to leave Buffalo was because his kids were being chided and threatened, now that was rude. I would have left Buffalo as well if my kids were being pestered at school.

Are you kidding me? Unless MM was some kind of deviant criminal or murderer or whatnot, his family members should not have to be ready for anything. The original poster was rude and totally ignorant and if I were MM cousin and he said that to me, he would have been picking himself up off the floor.

i really don't understand this. marv wanted to keep mularkey. he quit. i didn't think he was that bad.

Not to dig up old wounds and all, but......Yep, Mularkey was THAT BAD!!! Remember, he was asked back because the thought was no one else was available (other coaches had already signed), and stay with the status quo (stay with the devil you know). Did you see the Dolphins offense with him at the helm??? Set them back a few years also.

I've been reading the flack going back to Macroni, most of it is undeserved IMHO.

How? How can you defend a guy for being an ass? Again, the guy was just trying to be polite. Clearly he wasn't prepared for "anything," as you put it, because if he knew he was going to react like that, he would not have told the Bills fan. MOST of us would not have reacted like that.

I agree that it was classless. The response should have been "I'm a Bills fan, but wasn't a fan of your cousin, but thanks for asking" and then walking away. I agree that the cousin showed restraint by not swearing at mac, although anything physical would have been equally inappropriate.

I agree that it was classless. The response should have been "I'm a Bills fan, but wasn't a fan of your cousin, but thanks for asking" and then walking away. I agree that the cousin showed restraint by not swearing at mac, although anything physical would have been equally inappropriate.

I wouldn't have said those things either, but I'm just saying when you announce to total stranger wearing Bills gear that MM was your cousin, you have to know that not everyone was a fan and you might hear some crap about it. Not everyone is going to be a pleasant hi fivein fan.

Um yeah, how about no.

From the tone of the original post it sounded more like the other guy was being friendly trying to make conversation and macaroni-tard saw the chance and took a big pot shot at Mularkey.

From the tone of the original post it sounded more like the other guy was being friendly trying to make conversation and macaroni-tard saw the chance and took a big pot shot at Mularkey.

Right.

When I heard the words, 'You're a Bills fan? I'm Kelly Holcomb's cousin!' I didn't jump bogart and lay in about talk of noodle arms and checkdowns. Instead, it was, "Oh, really. That's interesting" and then I started to carve the turkey. Even tho I was thinking to myself 'That's not something I would go bragging about.'

Too bad some people's mothers didn't drive it in enough to show some class and when you can't say anything nice....