American's number one in the world

Pete

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporting the War on Drugs and the bolded statement are two completely different things.

Exactly, putting non violent drug offenders behind bars has done exactly 0 to curtail american drug use (see original article), so even if you are for stopping drug use, you can't agree with the way the gov't is going about doing it.

Exactly, putting non violent drug offenders behind bars has done exactly 0 to curtail american drug use (see original article), so even if you are for stopping drug use, you can't agree with the way the gov't is going about doing it.

The agenda? By who?

Look up Dem House Leader Tip O'Neill, and the legislation he shoved through (in surprising secrecy) with his Congressional Majority. See how he wanted to counter Reagan's crime stance to show himself and his Dems tough on crime. Look up the death of Celtic 1st round pick Len Bias's death, and that 'ole Tippy had to do something.

Of course, it was a classic trap - Reagan had to sign the bill about crack cocaine. Right? Or get roasted by O'Neill & Co., right?

The agenda? By who?

Look up Dem House Leader Tip O'Neill, and the legislation he shoved through (in surprising secrecy) with his Congressional Majority. See how he wanted to counter Reagan's crime stance to show himself and his Dems tough on crime. Look up the death of Celtic 1st round pick Len Bias's death, and that 'ole Tippy had to do something.

Of course, it was a classic trap - Reagan had to sign the bill about crack cocaine. Right? Or get roasted by O'Neill & Co., right?

I'm aware of this and am in no way supporting liberals, the entire gov't is bass ackwards on this issue. I'm just saying that a lot of "conservatives" support a lot of these things which lead to more government control.

The agenda? By who?

Yeah. The death of Bias' death was even worse than his death.

How bout prosecuting the people who make it a crime with victims instead of simply everyone?

That's already the case. If I'm stoned and run you off the road and kill you, I will be prosecuted.

A question: Say drugs are legal? What happens? Plenty of folks have no qualms about driving with booze in them. Granted, MJ is not the same. But does MJ cloud judgment? Certainly does. Would a medical person having a few saulatory tokes over lunch - it's legal now, remember - give the same scrutiny to your MRI as without? The argument about alcohol doing the same - alcohol use is obvious. One reeks of it by the time in clouds the mind. Take some tokes, walk back to work.

I reject any appeal to Amsterdam - a bunch of people in a tiny, tiny nation, toking in a cafe and then walking or taking a bus.

That's already the case. If I'm stoned and run you off the road and kill you, I will be prosecuted.

A question: Say drugs are legal? What happens? Plenty of folks have no qualms about driving with booze in them. Granted, MJ is not the same. But does MJ cloud judgment? Certainly does. Would a medical person having a few saulatory tokes over lunch - it's legal now, remember - give the same scrutiny to your MRI as without? The argument about alcohol doing the same - alcohol use is obvious. One reeks of it by the time in clouds the mind. Take some tokes, walk back to work.

I reject any appeal to Amsterdam - a bunch of people in a tiny, tiny nation, toking in a cafe and then walking or taking a bus.

Did you read the article?

"16.2 percent of Americans had tried cocaine at least once, and 42.4 percent had used marijuana."

"In the Netherlands, where drug policy is more liberal than the United States, 1.9 percent of survey participants said they had used cocaine and 19.8 percent marijuana."

I would say the war on drugs is a waste of taxpayers money!

I'm aware of this and am in no way supporting liberals, the entire gov't is bass ackwards on this issue. I'm just saying that a lot of "conservatives" support a lot of these things which lead to more government control.

I agree. But I feel there are no more "conservatives", at least according to my lights. They are no longer electable.

The people interviewed in one of Leno's "Jay Walking" are the new electorate.

Would a medical person having a few saulatory tokes over lunch - it's legal now, remember - give the same scrutiny to your MRI as without? The argument about alcohol doing the same - alcohol use is obvious. One reeks of it by the time in clouds the mind. Take some tokes, walk back to work.

Just a guess, but the majority of professionals would probably not indulge, especially considering most D&A offenses would result in them losing their license to practice medicine.

Did you read the article?

"16.2 percent of Americans had tried cocaine at least once, and 42.4 percent had used marijuana."

"In the Netherlands, where drug policy is more liberal than the United States, 1.9 percent of survey participants said they had used cocaine and 19.8 percent marijuana."

I would say the war on drugs is a waste of taxpayers money!

Then endeavor to make all of them legal, my friend!

I agree. But I feel there are no more "conservatives", at least according to my lights. They are no longer electable.

The people interviewed in one of Leno's "Jay Walking" are the new electorate.

Agreed, Ron Paul was the only person in this election who would bring any real change

Then endeavor to make all of them legal, my friend!

why not? Instead of putting users in jail (1 in 3 people behind bars is a drug crime), instead of wasting billions fighting a drug war we cannot win, instead of allowing gangs and punks to get rich from selling drugs on street corners- how about you legalize everything and tax it? The revenue would be on par with alcohol sales, probably higher

why not? Instead of putting users in jail (1 in 3 people behind bars is a drug crime), instead of wasting billions fighting a drug war we cannot win, instead of allowing gangs and punks to get rich from selling drugs on street corners- how about you legalize everything and tax it? The revenue would be on par with alcohol sales, probably higher

It won't solve anything. People will just make black market drugs that'll be stronger than the legal crap.