I used to think Lynch supporters were bad but then...

You got to admit it's very low rent to bring your own alcohol into a bar. I'd put it on par with someone sneaking food out from a all you can eat buffet in terms of classlessness. Just saying.

One man's class is another man's displeasure. As I turned it back on AKC, I'll bet most if not all his bartender friends, whose honor he's defending by calling people who bring their own alcohol into bars "scumbags," don't report all their income. But in their case, there are excuses like "they don't do that!!!!!!!!!" or "they don't make enough," or "they're not the owners of a bar." Please.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting how you've just judged the hundreds of thousands of bartenders in this country as cheats and thieves.

Apparently hypocrisy is best served from a flask. Drink up.

One man's class is another man's displeasure. As I turned it back on AKC, I'll bet most if not all his bartender friends, whose honor he's defending by calling people who bring their own alcohol into bars "scumbags," don't report all their income. But in their case, there are excuses like "they don't do that!!!!!!!!!" or "they don't make enough," or "they're not the owners of a bar." Please.

What about holding public figures to a higher standard than bartenders?

What about holding public figures to a higher standard than bartenders?

Why? Are you influenced by what public figures do? There is a standard that all people are held to: It's called the law. Now, I agree that politicians and judges should be held to a higher standard due to them being the ones who make the laws but as far as celebrities and athletes I don't think they should be held to any higher standard then the average working man.

Interesting how you've just judged the hundreds of thousands of bartenders in this country as cheats and thieves.

Apparently hypocrisy is best served from a flask. Drink up.

Oh, the irony. :pirate:

celebrities and athletes I don't think they should be held to any higher standard then the average working man.

I agree. And I also don't think they should be cut any slack due to their celebrity, as Lynch is by way too many Bill's fans IMO.

I use the same measure- since I've become an adult, I've judged every adult who I was aware was bringing their own alcohol into a bar against the rules of the bar (or like in Lynch's case, in violation of the law), as nothing more than scumbags. I can't imagine why I would establish a different measure for Lynch than those who did the same before him, some of whom I know could have made some (specious) argument about finances that Lynch can't possibly make.

Bottom line- if for any reason you don't intend to be a customer of a bar, then you have no business being in it. It's not a library or public park, it's a business. Someone has gone to the trouble to obtain the license and establish and ambience they thyink will be attractive to convince people to come into their business and help pay the bills and salaries associated with it by purchasing the products they offer, and anyone cheating that business owner is a scumbag, not to mention a cheat and a thief. But that's just my opinion.

Using this logic we can never criticize anyone ever for their bad behavior because there are other people doing bad things.

Using this logic we can never criticize anyone ever for thier bad behavior because there are other people doing bad things.

Now you are getting the picture. Perhaps we should not be so judgemental of other people?

If ML truly is a menace to society then eventually this will all catch up with him and he will be gone. Or maybe he got enough of a scare from this to turn himself around?

- Jim Kelly threw a drink in a waitresses face a long time ago because she didn't like his advances (Suppoidly....heard this from someone who was actually in the bar/resturant at the time)

- Bruce Smith smoked dope

- Thurman Thomas once went on a nasty vulgar language tirade at a fan with his young son standing right there with him (read this is a paper years ago)

And we LOVE these players.

we LOVE these players.

We wouldn't feel the same way about these guys if they'd left the scene of an accident where they hit a pedestrian- regardless of any flimsy excuses anyone might make for that specific action- and then in an act of total cowardice they didn't come out the next day and apologize to the victim.

An argument may be made for the error in judgement of leaving the scene, or if you prefer the "didn't realize he had hit her" wink-wink- but in either circumstance it was a coward's move to not say anything the next day, regardless of any excuses or scenarios. I'd bet you'd have demanded that your son call and apologize right away if he were in similar circumstances, no matter whether the family lawyer told him to hide or not. I hope you never face anything remotely like that as a father, but I have no doubt you'd demand more of your family. Not being just as tough on a 23 year old multi-millionaire doesn't make sense to me.

The players you mentioned before as well as I recall never showed cowardice in the face of adversity- but Lynch did exactly that. And the other information that has since been revealed paints a picture of a scofflaw with little respect for the same rules you and I not only follow every day, but in many cases embrace.

Valid point, AKC. Bruce's "sleep apnea," Kelly ripping a sink off the wall at the Big Tree, and Thurman sleeping it off in the Rich Stadium trainer's room so he wouldn't miss practice the next day? Those stories didn't end up with anyone going to the emergency room.

We wouldn't feel the same way about these guys if they'd left the scene of an accident where they hit a pedestrian- regardless of any flimsy excuses anyone might make for that specific action- and then in an act of total cowardice they didn't come out the next day and apologize to the victim.

An argument may be made for the error in judgement of leaving the scene, or if you prefer the "didn't realize he had hit her" wink-wink- but in either circumstance it was a coward's move to not say anything the next day, regardless of any excuses or scenarios. I'd bet you'd have demanded that your son call and apologize right away if he were in similar circumstances, no matter whether the family lawyer told him to hide or not. I hope you never face anything remotely like that as a father, but I have no doubt you'd demand more of your family. Not being just as tough on a 23 year old multi-millionaire doesn't make sense to me.

The players you mentioned before as well as I recall never showed cowardice in the face of adversity- but Lynch did exactly that. And the other information that has since been revealed paints a picture of a scofflaw with little respect for the same rules you and I not only follow every day, but in many cases embrace.

Okay AKC, here's a little project for you. Since your bartender friends seem to know everything that Lynch does wrong, ask them if they or know someone they know Lynch drinking that night, much less drunk. Shouldn't be too hard to find out. Because being drunk is the only logical explanation for him to leave her "dying in the middle of the road," if he allegedly knew he hit her and took off.

I am not defending Lynch in that he didn't do something wrong or anything like that. What I am having a problem with is folks saying "what wrong is worse" if you are doing something illegal, immoral, etc then there are no degrees of worseness (unless of course we are talking about murder) I just think that is being way too judgmental....

How do i put this.....

Lynch hitting a drunk woman in the street and not stopping to help = wrong

Bruce Smith smoking pot = wrong

Both are wrong....it is not up to me to be judgemental on which is MORE wrong as a fan.

Valid point, AKC. Bruce's "sleep apnea," Kelly ripping a sink off the wall at the Big Tree, and Thurman sleeping it off in the Rich Stadium trainer's room so he wouldn't miss practice the next day? Those stories didn't end up with anyone going to the emergency room.

What's this Kelly sink story?

All this talk has me yearning for the season to start so we can talk about football. I'm looking forward to sneaking some booze (yes, I am a scumbag) into the Ralph and rooting for ML and the Bills.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

PS Elliot, your avatar brings back memories. Used to listen to Twisted Sister all the time...."We're not gonna take it....No, we ain't gonna take it....We're not gonna take it anymore"

All this talk has me yearning for the season to start so we can talk about football. I'm looking forward to sneaking some booze (yes, I am a scumbag) into the Ralph...

LOL! :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

PS Elliot, your avatar brings back memories. Used to listen to Twisted Sister all the time...."We're not gonna take it....No, we ain't gonna take it....We're not gonna take it anymore"

That's not Dee Snyder in his avatar. It's his namesake "Elegant" Elliott Offen. I had the misfortune of clicking on a YouTube link and seeing him in person. You think that Peter Pan guy is bad...

All this talk has me yearning for the season to start so we can talk about football. I'm looking forward to sneaking some booze (yes, I am a scumbag) into the Ralph and rooting for ML and the Bills.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Thank you Rico, I'm often compared to Dee Snyder AND Sara Jessica Parker. See for yourself-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB88WhccPUs

That's not Dee Snyder in his avatar. It's his namesake "Elegant" Elliott Offen. I had the misfortune of clicking on a YouTube link and seeing him in person. You think that Peter Pan guy is bad...

Swing and a miss, huh? I thought it was kind of funny.

Thank you Rico, I'm often compared to Dee Snyder AND Sara Jessica Parker. See for yourself-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB88WhccPUs

Ok, you sold me! Dude is awesome, sweet video! :thumbsup::w00t::thumbsup:

Hey VOR...the better would be, has any of AKC's bartender friends ever given him a free or discounted drink? Because if so, they would be guilty of cheating that business, remember:

Someone has gone to the trouble to obtain the license and establish and ambience they thyink will be attractive to convince people to come into their business and help pay the bills and salaries associated with it by purchasing the products they offer, and anyone cheating that business owner is a scumbag, not to mention a cheat and a thief. But that's just my opinion.

if so, they would be guilty of cheating that business

Maybe in that vacuum you call your mind, but in the real world there are many bar owners who promote their bartenders liberal use of comps for customers deemed beneficial to their business.

Maybe in that vacuum you call your mind, but in the real world there are many bar owners who promote their bartenders liberal use of comps for customers deemed beneficial to their business.

The hypocrisy continues!

So Lynch shouldn't receive special treatment because he's a star athlete, but you're defending the right of bar owners to "promote the liberal use of comps for customers deemed beneficial to their business?" Are you for real? :thumbsup:

I was going to mention this before and am glad you brought it up, but WHAT exactly do you think Lynch is? Given that he's a multi-millionaire star RB for the local PROFESSIONAL football team, I'd say he's a "customer deemed beneficial to their business." That's why I LMMFAO when I heard about 2 bars tossing him out for bringing his own stuff when they could and SHOULD have been comping him and/or ignored it and THEN comped him. Because his presence attracts other people. And tossing him out means he'll trash those bars to his teammates, who are also star athletes and "customers deemed..." Idiotic.

And since it's been a few days, any progress on finding people who saw Lynch drinking, much less drunk when he made his way to his car that night? Surely with all the bartenders (and obviously wait staff who also were getting ripped-off by him) hating him for bringing his own alcohol, SOMEBODY must be willing to come forward. Yet all I hear is the sounds of crickets. What does that tell you?