MPEG files- how do I open them?

Pete

Thanks for all your help!

Now one more question please- can I load this file on Itunes? I can play it with the VLC player but cannot figure if there is a way to add to ITunes. Thanks in advance!

Try asking "add file to iTunes" in the iTunes help. I have to use both and Apple's help files are light years ahead of Windows.

kind of. Itunes reads the program as a movie file. I downloaded the player and when I click on it on my desktop nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help!

This movie cannot open.

This file is not a movie file. - thats the message I get when I try and open the MPEG file

Probably not an MPEG file then or it is corrupted. Because the player should be built already.

I installed the VLC player and still cannot play any files. I get the message:

ps: cannot peek

main: no suitable demux module

whatever the hell that means? I am no fan of Macs- my printer still doesn't work. Just about any time someone sends me a file in the email I need to figure out what program to download to view it- and that works part of the time.

Thanks for all your help though!

Edit- they are .RAR files if that helps anyone

I installed the VLC player and still cannot play any files. I get the message:

ps: cannot peek

main: no suitable demux module

whatever the hell that means? I am no fan of Macs- my printer still doesn't work. Just about any time someone sends me a file in the email I need to figure out what program to download to view it- and that works part of the time.

Thanks for all your help though!

Edit- they are .RAR files if that helps anyone

Pete, I'm gonna help ya here. But given the info in this post you cant blame "macs" for youre stuff not working. :D that being said, lets move on.

a RAR file is an archive file (like a zip file). you need to expand (or unzip) the file to get to the actual movie files.

http://www.unrarx.com/

that should work to expand the rar file. and youll need it if you plan on downloading more movies/music/etc.

once you install unrarx, you should just be able to double-click the rar archives and they will expand themselves.

good luck, let me know if you need any more help.

Pete, I'm gonna help ya here. But given the info in this post you cant blame "macs" for youre stuff not working. :D that being said, lets move on.

a RAR file is an archive file (like a zip file). you need to expand (or unzip) the file to get to the actual movie files.

http://www.unrarx.com/

that should work to expand the rar file. and youll need it if you plan on downloading more movies/music/etc.

once you install unrarx, you should just be able to double-click the rar archives and they will expand themselves.

good luck, let me know if you need any more help.

Thanks for your help Dr Dank! That seemed to work

I seem to remember (I may be wrong ) that we determined that your printer problem is the printer company's fault. They didn't write drivers for the Mac?

good memory. My printer is a HP Laserjet 1020. HP has no driver for the Mac and there are some drivers out there on the net. I think I downloaded them all and still cannot get it to work. And like Dr Dank said- most of my computer problems are my own fault- not Apples

• 2 weeks later...

How the hell do I check my .mac email account? It is !@#$ing mindboggling to me that the .mac page does not link to your mail. Every link I used to use to check my email take sme to that !@#$ing .mac page. WTF? :lol::P

How the hell do I check my .mac email account? It is !@#$ing mindboggling to me that the .mac page does not link to your mail. Every link I used to use to check my email take sme to that !@#$ing .mac page. WTF? :lol::P

www.me.com

Pete. Take a breath. If you use "Mail", the Apple email client - you can use FILE: ADD ACCOUNT:

Account Type => .Mac

Account Description: .Mac Account

Full Name: Pete McGillicuty (or whatever your last name or .Mac Account is set up for

User Name: PeteMcGillicyty@mac.com

Password: Macsrdumb (orwhateveryourpasswordis)

Me thinks you're thinking too hard about things.

Then again, I haven't logged in since it became MobleMe.

But I'm still getting my .Mac Account emails.