First game of preseason

scribo

I cannot wait for the first game of the Bills' preseason, which of course will be against the Skins at FedEx Field. I was wondering if anyone was planning anything exciting? I would be willing to help out.

• 3 weeks later...

I got an e-mail from Jimmy:

The Redskins group sales guy called me and tried to get me to buy group seats for $275.00 each, with a minimum of 25. That plus the bus/parking/etc etc would run Jimmy's about $350.00 per person.

Who do they think they are, Toronto?

Jimmy is going but no group with Jimmy unless you know 20 friends who want to buy tickets for at least $300 each.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning for those unaware of this:

The team used to charter shuttle buses from Metro, but new federal guidelines by Department of no Transportation prohibit public transit agencies from providing charter bus service if private companies are available to provide the service. Last year, Metro chartered nearly 2,500 buses for revenue of $1.6 million.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8080503094.html

The choice is walking, getting dropped off (last year they prevented people from doing so due to safety hazzard to $nyder's wallet) or parking at stadium which has far too few parking spots.

It is .9 miles walk from Morgan Blvd. station to stadium.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=...055275&z=14

I got this e-mail from Jimmy from another Bills Backer Group:

Backers,

For those of you going to the game, we have a central spot for you all to gather and tailgate as a chapter!!! Fellow Bills Backer Chris will be in Orange Lot E2 off of Brightstreet Rd. at around 430pm with a group of other Bills fans. I have attached the link for the stadium parking map below. He will have a tent of some sort, tables, grills, coolers and Kan Jam and will be tailgating in front of navy blue Nissan Murano and green "full-size" Ford PickUp. It will be BYO beer and BYO food but should be a great tailgate if everyone meets there to represent the DC Chapter. If you have issues finding the tailgate you can contact Chris at (716)-510-7755. Be sure to thank him for helping us out with hosting this sanctioned "Bills Backer Tailgate" and have a safe and fun time!!!

http://redskins.com/tickets/article.jsp?id=37485

GO BILLS,

Jared Simmons - jim_kelly_fan AT yahoo.com

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
The Bills are coming back yet again for the first pre-season game of the year. Anything shaking?

Me, my father-in-law, and a buddy are coming up from Richmond. We have an extra orange parking pass if any BILLS fans are interested in parking next to us in the lot and tailgating, just looking to recover the costs of the parking pass. E-mail me and we can figure our logistics at buffalopdc@yahoo.com.

Go Bills!