Could Jauron become Lindy Ruff?

It seems to me that Coach Jauron is pretty popular around here, especially considering his 14-18 record. Do you think he could become a longterm coach like Ruff? I think if we make the playoffs this year he definitely gets an extension and deservedly so. Could Jauron pull this off?

It seems to me that Coach Jauron is pretty popular around here, especially considering his 14-18 record. Do you think he could become a longterm coach like Ruff? I think if we make the playoffs this year he definitely gets an extension and deservedly so. Could Jauron pull this off?

There is nothing like long-term if you don't win consistently. If Jauron can get this team to make the playoffs consistently, he will be a long term fixture...Otherwise, in the What have you done for me lately NFL, he will get his walking papers soon if he cannot progress this team further. I think Jauron is in danger of losing his job if he does not make the playoffs especially since he was given more power in personnel stuff this season.

There is nothing like long-term if you don't win consistently. If Jauron can get this team to make the playoffs consistently, he will be a long term fixture...Otherwise, in the What have you done for me lately NFL, he will get his walking papers soon if he cannot progress this team further. I think Jauron is in danger of losing his job if he does not make the playoffs especially since he was given more power in personnel stuff this season.

I think the only way he gets canned is if this season is a drastic step backwards, like 4-12 and Edwards looks terrible. Status quo or better and he get's another year at least.

I think the head coach position is a bit inflated in terms of importance. It's like a CEO--you have to develop a big picture, motivate people, be a good manager, hire good people, delegate properly, etc. Your success is really dependent on your players and key assistant coaches/playcallers.

I think the head coach position is a bit inflated in terms of importance. It's like a CEO--you have to develop a big picture, motivate people, be a good manager, hire good people, delegate properly, etc. Your success is really dependent on your players and key assistant coaches/playcallers.

Yes, but the HC sets the direction, so for example, if the chicken shyt offensive and defensive schemes that the Bills deploy don't produce wins even after the talent available is improved - the head coach has ultimate responsibility.

Yes, but the HC sets the direction, so for example, if the chicken shyt offensive and defensive schemes that the Bills deploy don't produce wins even after the talent available is improved - the head coach has ultimate responsibility.

Unless, of course, he is merely a hostage to fate. :blink:

On setting the direction, success does depend on finding and putting the right people in the right positions at the right times. Hiring one's son, one's childhood best friend, or a guy who'll work hard on the cheap do not necessarily equate to the right people. They may be much more comfortable hires. They may never challenge the boss's authority; but, ultimately it is success that wins the day in business. Is it better to risk ruffling some feathers with strong opinions to attain success or to play it safe and have peace and happy day dreams never knowing/caring if the runway is about to abruptly terminate?

I don't mind Jauron, but it definitely seems like Jauron has more respect around the league than he does here in Buffalo.

Isn't it true in any type of jobs...People tend to B word about their bosses all the time and yet the same bosses have a great name outside....

I don't mind Jauron, but it definitely seems like Jauron has more respect around the league than he does here in Buffalo.

Indeed.

Spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon talking to this guy. (Well, asking a few questions, but mostly just hanging out listening to the wonderful stories he told.)

During the course of the conversation, Coach Troup made two emphatic points about Buffalo: "Big Ses" (Tom Sestak) was one of the best defensive players he's ever seen, and Dick Jauron is absolutely the right coach for this team.

Spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon talking to this guy. (Well, asking a few questions, but mostly just hanging out listening to the wonderful stories he told.)

He's a great storyteller, isn't he? It was a fun weekend. I am glad that you were able to make it.

He's a great storyteller, isn't he? It was a fun weekend. I am glad that you were able to make it.

Me too. Great seeing you and Mrs. KRC, and thanks again for setting the whole thing up ...

Indeed.

During the course of the conversation, Coach Troup made two emphatic points about Buffalo: "Big Ses" (Tom Sestak) was one of the best defensive players he's ever seen, and Dick Jauron is absolutely the right coach for this team.

George Clooney?

What was he like? I bet crappy like his movies.

You're welcome. Hope to see you at the next one in Canton in 2010!!

You already know I don't need much of an excuse to visit Canton ...

George Clooney?

What was he like? I bet crappy like his movies.

Troup said he was told Clooney would be right out there sweating through the camp with the rest of the players. Yeah, riiight. Didn't happen. Oh, and all the guys he picked from the tryouts had to be 5'11" or under, so Clooney wouldn't look short. That's why the guy from "The Office" really stands out -- think he's 6'3".

Minor details like that aside, he said he really enjoyed the job, Clooney was actually a pretty good guy to work for, and he'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's just too bad that more of the football action they shot didn't end up in the finished product.