Russert - I was never so happy to be sick

It gave me the chance to watch his funeral services.

Friday I was driving down to PA to visit my boyfriend when Jack called and told me of Tim's passing. My sister Mary cried all weekend over the loss. I was heart sick. Funny thing is we both never even met him. I hate politics but would watch Meet the press sometimes ( especially during the season.) Just to hear him say GO BILLS - go Buffalo. He was so good for the Western NY area.

I watched his son Luke on the today show and marveled at what a great kid he was. I'm so sorry to say that it is rare to witness young people, polite with such high values. You could see the way he shook everyone's hand at the visitation. He was truly remarkable. I didn't hold up that well when I lost my father. The Tim stories told by the people at the service showed what a kind man he was. I bought his books today on the TBD link

I wish I was more like Tim. He was a wonderful HUMAN. Such kindness and love of family, friend and country. Can you imagine a world with more like him. He sent a thank you card or gift to people who just gave him a cup of coffee before going on air, always asked about the person and their family.

After the service a storm poured down the rain of tears from heaven. It didn't last long and then a rainbow over the NBC offices that Tim worked at. A sign from heaven? I hope and pray so. I also hope that the Bills invite Luke and his mother to the opening day game and honor Tim with a few words. A beautiful man and Bills fans who will be missed by millions of people.

Keith Oberman signed off his program last night with GO BILLS The team needs all the help they can get.

I have this funny feeling that the passing of Russert, as well as the upgrades that the bills have made this offseason, will make the Buffalo Bills the darling of the NFL this season. Hopefully we can do some damage, win the division, and tear down the goalposts.

You know if it came down to a FG, Tim would not let it go wide right again!!

I would have to say you are probably right. I also think that there are going to be a TON of closet BILLS fans this year from the non sports media!!!

I hope some of you got to see the clip when Tim spoke about meeting Scott Norwood in an airport.

Scott went up to Tim and introduced himself - Tim said You don't have to tell me who you are Scott. I think of you every day. Wide right

I saw the funeral service as well. Loved it when Luke signed off and mentioned his spirit living on in those who love their country, etc.. and Bills fans! Such a great kid. Hope my son turns out that well. Saw the clip about Norwood several times over the last few days. It's a great little story. I was in the stands at Super Bowl XXV as well. I'd have the same response if I saw Norwood. That's why everyone loved Russert. He would act and speak as just a regular good guy.

I have this funny feeling that the passing of Russert, as well as the upgrades that the bills have made this offseason, will make the Buffalo Bills the darling of the NFL this season. Hopefully we can do some damage, win the division, and tear down the goalposts.

As Tim would say, "GO GET 'EM!"

I agree that the Russert service was quite poignant.

10 family and friends were chosen to speak, each one helped portray the spirit of Tim.

If you haven't watched them, I think it is worth your time.

MSNBC Link

just scroll down, all 10 are listed in seperate clips. Enjoy.

Thanks. My DVR cut off during Maria Schiver, so I missed everyone after that.

I hope some of you got to see the clip when Tim spoke about meeting Scott Norwood in an airport.

Scott went up to Tim and introduced himself - Tim said You don't have to tell me who you are Scott. I think of you every day. Wide right

Here's the quote in an interview. Enjoy. Classic Russert!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...a616/index.html