How do Lynch's likely charges compare to a DWI....

As far as legal severity goes. I know Lynch will probably be charged with a class A misdemeanor, how does that compare to a DWI. I'm asking because I'm pretty sure that their have been first time DWI offenders who haven't been suspended by the league (like Roscoe for example). If this is the case wouldn't a suspension for marshawn be unlikely?

Also have any players been suspended recently for anything other than positive drug tests or violent crimes?

As far as legal severity goes. I know Lynch will probably be charged with a class A misdemeanor, how does that compare to a DWI. I'm asking because I'm pretty sure that their have been first time DWI offenders who haven't been suspended by the league (like Roscoe for example). If this is the case wouldn't a suspension for marshawn be unlikely?

Also have any players been suspended recently for anything other than positive drug tests or violent crimes?

IF he was driving and left the scene knowingly, although I am not sure if we will ever know that for sure, I personally think it's a far worse offense than DUI, regardless of her injuries. It's just something one shouldn't do, and it does matter that the car did apparently hit the woman.

If he did hit and he did run, he probably won't get any jail time, but I personally believe he should, and anyone should. Even if it is just a few weeks. For most people, jail is a serious punishment. And it's a serious crime, even though it is classified as a misdemeanor. This really is going to go away in the relative near future.

That said, I doubt there is any suspension from Goodell, regardless of the police and the court's ultimate decision, both criminal and civil. It's possible but I would doubt it.

Goodell would have the right, because he's basically king and he can do what he wants within reason. It just sets a terrible example, a precedent he isn't ever going to be free of (every time another player gets a different misdemeanor, either for a lesser or worse crime) -- unless there is more to the story we don't know AND it all comes out in the press, which again is doubtful. Even if he is convicted of the misdemeanor, as a first offense, with the woman not sustaining serious injuries, Lynch will simply get a warning IMO, and the commish will tell him under no uncertain terms to toe the line.

About the same - an A misdemeanor, $500-$1000 fine and up to a year in prison (from sections 1192 and 1193 of the NYS penal code - though it may be an old copy, I don't see a date). The big difference is that a DWI follows you around for the rest of your friggin' life...a minor hit-and-run, no one will care after a few years. A DWI...you may as well wear a scarlet "D" for the rest of your life.

About the same - an A misdemeanor, $500-$1000 fine and up to a year in prison (from sections 1192 and 1193 of the NYS penal code - though it may be an old copy, I don't see a date). The big difference is that a DWI follows you around for the rest of your friggin' life...a minor hit-and-run, no one will care after a few years. A DWI...you may as well wear a scarlet "D" for the rest of your life.

This makes me think that there won't be a suspension, hopefully Lynch just settles this soon.

This makes me think that there won't be a suspension, hopefully Lynch just settles this soon.

As long as he's suffered enough to learn a lesson. I still say if Lynch was the driver, he should get a month. It would be a VERY cheap lesson.

And judging by some of the DA's statements, a deal may be contingent on the league suspending him a game - basically, fining him a paycheck. The DA - by his own admission - is attempting to punish Lynch more than the criminal code will allow.

And, of course, we STILL don't know who was driving, don't forget that. :rolleyes:

As long as he's suffered enough to learn a lesson. I still say if Lynch was the driver, he should get a month. It would be a VERY cheap lesson.

And judging by some of the DA's statements, a deal may be contingent on the league suspending him a game - basically, fining him a paycheck. The DA - by his own admission - is attempting to punish Lynch more than the criminal code will allow.

And, of course, we STILL don't know who was driving, don't forget that. :rolleyes:

What if NO ONE was driving and Lynch and Hardy were in the back smoking weeeeeeed?

Absolutely but he would not do that with a rich businessman, lobbyist, politician or lawyer so it is unfair.