In honor of Tim Russert

We all know that Tim used to close his show on playoff & SB Sundays with his "Go Bills!" cry. And the last chapter of "Big Russ" devoted to what the Bills mean to the City of Buffalo.

For those of you like me who had to seek our fortunes elsewhere to support our families, what do you do to show off your Buffalo roots to your non-Bflo friends and coworkers? Here are some of mine:

- Proudly display my Bills football & etched glass buffalo in my office

- Talk up the Bills every Friday during the season

- Mourn/gloat on Mondays in the fall

- WORK HARDER than everybody else and and show off my blue collar Bflo roots

- Make SURE my kids' favorite team is the Bills by decking out kids room with all Bills gear

- Mandating that all office subordinates install TBD as their home page on their browsers (just kidding)

And you?

- Mandating that all office subordinates install TBD as their home page on their browsers (just kidding)

Why are you "just kidding"? I've been told that at one time, this was actually the case in Rep. Tom Reynolds' Washington offices ...

:thumbsup:

We all know that Tim used to close his show on playoff & SB Sundays with his "Go Bills!" cry. And the last chapter of "Big Russ" devoted to what the Bills mean to the City of Buffalo.

For those of you like me who had to seek our fortunes elsewhere to support our families, what do you do to show off your Buffalo roots to your non-Bflo friends and coworkers? Here are some of mine:

- Proudly display my Bills football & etched glass buffalo in my office Check!

- Talk up the Bills every Friday during the season Check!

- Mourn/gloat on Mondays in the fall Check!

- WORK HARDER than everybody else and and show off my blue collar Bflo roots Check!

- Make SURE my kids' favorite team is the Bills by decking out kids room with all Bills gear Check!

And you?

In addition to (or as a sign of) all of the above, I wore a Bills golf shirt to work today (and took some flack for it, I might add)--'nuff said.....

I guess I have to admit first and foremost that I was born and raised in MD. But my parents are both from different parts of WNY and I have a lot of family still in the area and I'm up north quite frequently.

I'm now running a wine store in north Baltimore and when I started working there, a wine distributor gave us a knight statue to put out front. Needless to say, he cycles through a few different jerseys throughout the year. Right now he's wearing a Peerless Price jersey, but he's also fond of a Milloy away jersey as well as some Sabres threads during hockey season. The Ravens fans aren't too nice to me. But we do get a few customers that stop in because they're from Buffalo and they saw the jersey out front.

I just had a super heated argument with a Browns fan as to why the Bills and Buffalo are better than the Browns and Cleveland...

The only thing that he had, which he kept coming back to, is that I'm not a native of Buffalo, and he's a native of Cleveland. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if he cries himself to sleep after the lashing and almost play-by-play analysis of the Raven's Super Bowl victory that I provided for him. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

I have lived in CT since 1979 and anyone that knows me knows that I am a Buffalo Bills fan. I always talk up Buffalo- I love that city! I talk it up- party town- 4 am last call, wings, Teds, beef on weck, Chippewa, Bill's fans, Frank Lloyd Wright house, Albright-Knox, etc- I love Buffalo! My close friends know how much Tim Russert meant to me.

I can't put in words- but I !@#$ing love Buffalo! I have not lived there since I was in 5th grade- yet it is still my home. Anytime I visit I feel like I am coming home.

RIP buddy. I already miss the hell out of you :thumbsup:

In addition to (or as a sign of) all of the above, I wore a Bills golf shirt to work today (and took some flack for it, I might add)--'nuff said.....

Everybody at my work knows what a die-hard Bills fan I am, and on Monday's during the season they can't wait to see me when the Bills lose and they hate to see me when the Bills win.

Also, I have a Bills liscence plate displayed proudly on the front of my car. One time, I was being hasseled by a cop in a parking lot, and I said to him "Officer, I haven't done anything wrong.'' he responded "I'll give you a ticket for having that Bills plate on the front of your car!!"

RIP Russ......and GO BILLS!

I guess I have to admit first and foremost that I was born and raised in MD. But my parents are both from different parts of WNY and I have a lot of family still in the area and I'm up north quite frequently.

I'm now running a wine store in north Baltimore and when I started working there, a wine distributor gave us a knight statue to put out front. Needless to say, he cycles through a few different jerseys throughout the year. Right now he's wearing a Peerless Price jersey, but he's also fond of a Milloy away jersey as well as some Sabres threads during hockey season. The Ravens fans aren't too nice to me. But we do get a few customers that stop in because they're from Buffalo and they saw the jersey out front.

are you in north Baltimore, or north of Baltimore?

I'm in (obviously) Tennessee and we have a group of expats that constantly talk about the Bills,. wear Bills shirts, and spread the love whenever we can. Of course this part of Tenn is University of Tenn, which I love as well, but not with the same fervor as the Bills.

I grew up in South Buffalo in the sam era as Tim and knew the family. I remember mentioning at the dinner table how I had met this really nice girl (

Betty Ann Russert) and my parents going on about what a wonderful family the Russerts were. He apparently carried out that tradition. He ied young but he sure got a lot done in his relatively short life.

I'd say that the main thing is running the Bills Backers in downtown Philly. It's always nice to be able to take a break from the rest of the world and rabidly watch the Bills game with about 100 other Bills fans while eating wings & drinking Blue. Other than the few games that I do get to attend, I look forward to these meetings more than anything.

Gamedays I always where a jersey, no matter where I am, despite getting booed as I walk down the street (this is partially due to the fact that Philly's uninformed and thinks that I'm wearing a Giants jersey).

I've got the Bills flag flying just under the American flag outfront of my house and have the license plate holder on my car. I have a variety of Bills clothes that I wear in a pretty consistent rotation, ranging from nice polo's to ratty old "You've got the Reich stuff baby" Tshirts.

Moreso than anything, it's just the positive support that I always give to the teams and to the city when they're brought into the discussion. I'll never talk down on the area of the country that I'm from, and try to explain as best I can, why it's such a special place.

Everyone who knows me knows who my team is, just like Tim.

I go back every year, traveling from Florida to take in the home opener. I've been at it for 10 years. I think it helps Buffalo in some small way because it adds to their struggling tourism economy - what little it is - trying to do whatever I can

Not from Buffalo, but I still feel like I'm from there. My most "out there" display of Buffalo pride would be that the past several years, since I got my flag pole out front, is my Bills flag goes up on the first day of training camp, and doesn't come down till the last game is played of the season.

I just had a super heated argument with a Browns fan as to why the Bills and Buffalo are better than the Browns and Cleveland...

The only thing that he had, which he kept coming back to, is that I'm not a native of Buffalo, and he's a native of Cleveland. Regardless, I wouldn't be surprised if he cries himself to sleep after the lashing and almost play-by-play analysis of the Raven's Super Bowl victory that I provided for him. :cry:

GO BILLS!

Make sure you remind the Browns fan who welcomed members of the Dawg Pound to a Bills home game in the aftermath of the uprooting of the Browns to Baltimore. It was Ralph Wilson.

And in a strange feature of this site, every time I try typing in the last name of the "Browns / Ravens" owner, "I" shows up instead. What gives?

www.nycbbb.com

I don't care where I am, if I see anybody wearing anything Buffalo related, I stop them to ask about it. I've stopped numerous folks on the streets of Manhattan. 3 out of 5 folks are from Buffalo, the others bought the clothes used at a store, ha.

- At college, no one knows my by my real name, they just call me Buffalo

- You will NEVER see me wearing anything but a bills/sabres jersey, bills/sabres shirt, bills/sabres hoodie or jacket, or my plain "Buffalo, NY" shirt.

- I have the standing red Buffalo on my right arm

- The Bills flag is outside my house 365 days a year.

- When dressing up as Santa last year, I wore a Bills Santa hat to a Steelers party

- I would go driving with Christian Gaddis, Marshawn Lynch, and Steve Johnson. Not James Hardy, yet.

- I would go driving with James Hardy.

After leaving Buffalo/Rochester in the late 70's to join the Air Force, I have always had a Bills bumper sticker on my vehicle. I used to have a Bills flag that few out front of my house, but some kids stole it a couple of years ago, and burned it in the middle of the street!

My desk has a Bills mug, that is used as my pen/pencil holder. I have my bills helmet pic on my cell phone wallpaper, and of course both my wife and I sport bumper stickers (she is from Iowa, but is now a dedicated Bills fan too) and license plate holders. We are always seen around town with our Bills sweatshirts, tee shirts and midweight coats. It really drives the Vikings fans crazy. They can't understand my obsession. Vikings fans are so fickle, when they lose, the highways are litered with those little car window Vikings flags, while I continue to sport mine with pride; no matter how bad their season is.

All during my Air Force days, my friends could never understand my passion. Sure they had their favorite teams too, but not the passion. We Bills fans are a hardy bunch. We endured the 2-14 seasons back to back, and still have pride. We lost four straight super bowls and still we wave our flags. I remember coming back to see my parents who moved down to Elmira while in the service. My wife and drove down to see them, then up to Rochester to pick up 25+ pounds of Zweigels White Hots (something I crave), and then over to Buffalo for wings and Ted's. I couldn't get over the amount of businesses that displayed Bills flags and signs of support. There will literally hundreds of examples to view, and made me feel proud. You can't find that kind of support in Denver, LA, San Francisco, San Diego or even here in Minneapolis. The only towns I've seen with that kind of support are Greenbay and Dallas, but Buffalo is tiny compared to them.

I certainly miss the food and people, but not the economy. I always thought they should have annexed off NYC and created a separate district, much like Washington D.C., leaving the rest of the state to make money, not to bail out the island.

Unless the Bills leave, I will always wear my shirts, fly my flag and drive around with my bumper stickers. I certainly hope they never leave, and like Tim Russert said at the end of his shows (only during the fall season) Go BILLS! :cry:

Well, first and foremost, i have my voice. Anyone who comes into contact with me knows a few things about me. #1 is that i'm from buffalo and i'm a bills and sabres fan.

At work, I have a Bills hat and Buffalo, NY mug on display. Since i work in an elementary school, i have come to the Halloween party as a hockey player in my hasek jersey. I also have a motorola razr. It's from verizon, so i had to hack it, but i was able to get a startup and shutdown gif, a picture for the outside window, and a background, all buffalo sabres themed.

At home, i've got myself a pretty decent mancave, a bills flag that i hang on sundays during football season, and sabres car flags. I've got a bills back license plate frame, and a full sabres plate in the front and sabres frame. I'm always getting notes left on my car for GO BILLS or sabres or whatever. Fayetteville is a huge military town and there's quite a few WNY soldiers stationed at ft bragg.

I even had a bunch of people from work calling on friday when TR died, cause everyone knows he's a good guy, everyone knows he loves his family, everyone knows he's a political giant, and everyone knows he loves the buffalo bills. I've explained countless times to people this weekend "see what i was talking about? All that buffalo this and buffalo that. It wasn't just me. It's a mentality." I think most understand now what i've been talking about since we moved here in 2003.