Bills video with the new Madden

K-Gun10

I'll reserve judgment until I actually play the game. Personally, (and I know this is has been discussed at great length) I think the NFL's exclusivity contract with Madden has put the game 4-6 years behind where it SHOULD be.

That probably won't stop me from purchasing it.

That opening shot of the exterior of the stadium is wrong. Gates 2&3 do not face Abbott Rd, they face the parking lot and the Field house. Plus, you can see the FH on the far left. From the view they show you, it would be behind you, not in front.

I'll reserve judgment until I actually play the game. Personally, (and I know this is has been discussed at great length) I think the NFL's exclusivity contract with Madden has put the game 4-6 years behind where it SHOULD be.

I am in the same boat as you. I never even played the 2K versions, but ever since the exclusivity contract, the game has gotten progressively worse. Visually, I think the game is just terrible. The realism made some nice improvements in the late nineties to the early 2000s. Now, it's the same tired animations. Guys still react like robots. I mean, considering the progress the franchise made, it is fair to assume the game should have continued that. They haven't.

However, I will be certainly buying this years version as well as the new Head Coach. It's my last link to the video games I enjoyed growing up.

I am in the same boat as you. I never even played the 2K versions, but ever since the exclusivity contract, the game has gotten progressively worse. Visually, I think the game is just terrible. The realism made some nice improvements in the late nineties to the early 2000s. Now, it's the same tired animations. Guys still react like robots. I mean, considering the progress the franchise made, it is fair to assume the game should have continued that. They haven't.

However, I will be certainly buying this years version as well as the new Head Coach. It's my last link to the video games I enjoyed growing up.

Are you talking about last gen (ps2, xbox), or current gen (xbox360, ps3)? Because the last gen systems hit their graphical "wall" a few years back. They simply cant support "better graphics and animations."

Yeah, the monopoly killed it. Competition was good for the genre. They have no reason/motivation to put out a top notch product anymore. I personally loved the 2K games WAY better. The 2K games were poised to take over as the number one NFL game, then BAM, EA does that deal. I was so mad..... still am.

Yeah, the monopoly killed it. Competition was good for the genre. They have no reason/motivation to put out a top notch product anymore. I personally loved the 2K games WAY better. The 2K games were poised to take over as the number one NFL game, then BAM, EA does that deal. I was so mad..... still am.

Yeah, loved when 2k undercut Madden with the $19.99 price tag. I was skeptical at first but the 2k game (I think the last one to come out was 2k5) was just simply MORE FUN.

I completly agree.

The 2K series did pass madden in gameplay, and at the time was only a fraction of the price. Madden just updates the rosters and adds one "new" feature to the game and sells it for $60 bucks.

I completly agree.

The 2K series did pass madden in gameplay, and at the time was only a fraction of the price. Madden just updates the rosters and adds one "new" feature to the game and sells it for $60 bucks.

Whatever happened to Gameday. Gameday '98 was my sh*t when PS1 was out

Didn't know there is going to be a new version of Head Coach. I had very high hopes for the first one and it turned out to be terrible.

I think the NFL's exclusivity contract with Madden has put the game 4-6 years behind where it SHOULD be.

I couldn't agree with you more. EA Sports did the same thing with the NASCAR games. In the long run, it is cheaper to pay for exclusive rights then it is to actually spend money on developing a really good product.

I simply don't buy EA games anymore. I have tried to play the last two Maddens and I end up trading them in after a month because they suck.

I mean, considering the progress the franchise made, it is fair to assume the game should have continued that. They haven't.

The most progress Madden's Franchise Mode saw was a few years ago when coincidentally EA was publishing the Front Office Football game (Solecismic Software). After EA dropped FoF Madden went more shiney

The most progress Madden's Franchise Mode saw was a few years ago when coincidentally EA was publishing the Front Office Football game (Solecismic Software). After EA dropped FoF Madden went more shiney

Franchise mode has disappointed me the most in the past few iterations of madden. Theres a variety of issues that need to be fixed. I think they need to install some of the old Head coach features into franchise, because i want to both run the team and play the games.

For instance, why is it in all other sports you can scout players in season with a scouting "bank", but in madden i am forced to play some stupid mini-game just to *hopefully* get a scouting report. Not to mention that the franchise player progression system is broken beyond repair. Why should my entire OL gain 2 points overall for simply winning 1 playoff game. Also, the offseason needs some major work. Like NOT having every team dump its best players, and NOT having the salary cap so high that no team ever comes close to it.

I completly agree.

Yep. It was a sad day when the NFL sold exclusive rights to EA. I really hate having to buy the latest game just to get the rosters, uniforms and announcers updated, since the new features are usually things I don't care about or need...

I couldn't agree with you more. EA Sports did the same thing with the NASCAR games. In the long run, it is cheaper to pay for exclusive rights then it is to actually spend money on developing a really good product.

I simply don't buy EA games anymore. I have tried to play the last two Maddens and I end up trading them in after a month because they suck.

I haven't played a Madden game with any regularity since Madden 04. '05 was the first one that I thought really sucked, because they screwed with the defense and made it damn-near impossible to run the ball with anyone against even the weakest run defense. I played a little Madden 07 but got bored with that real quick.

Franchise mode has disappointed me the most in the past few iterations of madden. Theres a variety of issues that need to be fixed. I think they need to install some of the old Head coach features into franchise, because i want to both run the team and play the games.

For instance, why is it in all other sports you can scout players in season with a scouting "bank", but in madden i am forced to play some stupid mini-game just to *hopefully* get a scouting report. Not to mention that the franchise player progression system is broken beyond repair. Why should my entire OL gain 2 points overall for simply winning 1 playoff game. Also, the offseason needs some major work. Like NOT having every team dump its best players, and NOT having the salary cap so high that no team ever comes close to it.

Which version are you playing? I'm in my 11th season with the Bills right now in franchise mode on the 360 and I see absolutely no progression in players even after having an amazing season. I have a drafted WR who just led the league in catches, yards and touchdowns, his rating was an 84 to begin the season and is now a stellar 84, complete BS. On the PC versions (RIP) players would get progression points based on performance, it was awesome because you could use a rookie player and as long as he played well the progression was realistic. You could have most rookies in the 90's by their 3rd year.

On the 360 version you have to train your teams on a weekly basis, this consists of selecting only 3 players and taking them through drills so as to gain points for their attributes. It's extremely poor, locks up often and is completely unrealistic.

Which version are you playing? I'm in my 11th season with the Bills right now in franchise mode on the 360 and I see absolutely no progression in players even after having an amazing season. I have a drafted WR who just led the league in catches, yards and touchdowns, his rating was an 84 to begin the season and is now a stellar 84, complete BS. On the PC versions (RIP) players would get progression points based on performance, it was awesome because you could use a rookie player and as long as he played well the progression was realistic. You could have most rookies in the 90's by their 3rd year.

On the 360 version you have to train your teams on a weekly basis, this consists of selecting only 3 players and taking them through drills so as to gain points for their attributes. It's extremely poor, locks up often and is completely unrealistic.

I'm on last gen, ps2. I have heard the progression is fuct on the current gen systems, but it still is piss poor on last gen, specifically in the playoffs. For example, last year i had ko simpson who was rated like a 77 or something. During the regular season, his performance was decent, and he improved to an 81. That seems reasonable enough to me. But come playoff time, he jumped from an 81 to a 90 in 3 playoff games. His stats were normal, nothing crazy or spectacular. Forwhatever reason, when you win a playoff game, all your players improve a ton, and if you win the SB, its very common to have your entire team's awareness go up to 99.