Question about the Rockpile

I'm thinking of getting tickets to a couple games next year with seats in the Rockpile. I've been to many Bills games but I've never sat in the endzone. I was just wondering how people who have sat there felt about these seats. For some games I'm thinking about trying to get in the sections on the outside (section 203 or 241) so I'm not directly under the scoreboard, but for others I may have to sit right under the scoreboard in the 200 level. Thanks for any thoughts/opinions!!

I've had first row, Club Level end zone seats as my season ticket location for about twenty years. I love 'em! I remember reading a quote in a column Andy Rooney did about his end zone seats at Giants Stadium ... He said, "When you've been watching the game from the end zone for over twenty years, the view from any other angle sems odd." I'm in 219, which means I have the straight-ahead view of the JumboTron. The tunnel end zone is always your first choice.

Second consideration ... Make sure you're high enough up. Club Level, first row, is about as low as you want to go. Any lower and your depth perception is altered too much ... when they're on the far side of the fifty, a two-yard run and a twenty-two-yard run will look about the same. Don't get too low unless you're willing to trade the depth perception for an up-close look at some of the scores.

Third consideration ... and a lot of people forget about or never knew about ths one. Buffalo is the third windiest major city in the US. And the Ralph is situated so that the tunnel end zone is almost always the leeward end of the field. It's something I first noticed in the late 70's, then it really became obvious in the 80's ... the vast majority of scoring on passing plays took place in the tunnel end zone. I wish I could find an official stat to prove it, but I've tried and cannot. You're just going to have to take it from someone who has attended well over 200 games at Rich/Erie County/Ralph Wilson Stadium. The vast majority of TD passes - especially the long ones - happen down in our (tunnel) end.

One last thought ... there ARE no bad seats at the Ralph. You're doing better than most people just by being able to say that you were THERE! I hope you enjoy the games and have a great time ... and welcome to the neighborhood.

I've had first row, Club Level end zone seats as my season ticket location for about twenty years. I love 'em! I remember reading a quote in a column Andy Rooney did about his end zone seats at Giants Stadium ... He said, "When you've been watching the game from the end zone for over twenty years, the view from any other angle sems odd." I'm in 219, which means I have the straight-ahead view of the JumboTron. The tunnel end zone is always your first choice.

Second consideration ... Make sure you're high enough up. Club Level, first row, is about as low as you want to go. Any lower and your depth perception is altered too much ... when they're on the far side of the fifty, a two-yard run and a twenty-two-yard run will look about the same. Don't get too low unless you're willing to trade the depth perception for an up-close look at some of the scores.

Third consideration ... and a lot of people forget about or never knew about ths one. Buffalo is the third windiest major city in the US. And the Ralph is situated so that the tunnel end zone is almost always the leeward end of the field. It's something I first noticed in the late 70's, then it really became obvious in the 80's ... the vast majority of scoring on passing plays took place in the tunnel end zone. I wish I could find an official stat to prove it, but I've tried and cannot. You're just going to have to take it from someone who has attended well over 200 games at Rich/Erie County/Ralph Wilson Stadium. The vast majority of TD passes - especially the long ones - happen down in our (tunnel) end.

One last thought ... there ARE no bad seats at the Ralph. You're doing better than most people just by being able to say that you were THERE! I hope you enjoy the games and have a great time ... and welcome to the neighborhood.

andy Rooney should get his facts straight before he says "Buffalo is the third windiest major city in the US."

http://findanswers.noaa.gov/noaa.answers/c...chType=advanced

I sit in 241. The view is not bad overall. Obviously when the play is in your end, its great. I watch the Jumbotron when play is at the tunnel end. Being off to the side gives you some depth but not much. I should warn you 241 is very rowdy. Expect to have beer spilled on you, drunken behavior, and a good number of fights. DO NOT let anyone wear opposing team colors! You might as well wear a target.

PTR

I've sat in both endzones. I honestly thing the tunnel end is more rowdy, but the again, that was sitting with the EZC. (I'm still not sure what happened to that kids KC Chiefs hat that sat next to us.... :wallbash::blink:

The two games i sat in the Rockpile, I did watch the jumbrotron the entire time the action was on the far end of the field, but strangely it didn't bother me much.

I will add one story to the mix.I sat in the Rock pile 3 years ago when the Bills played the Falcons.My brother and I go to one game a year and that was the first time we sat in the RP.My brother is a Redskins fan and was hounded all day by drunk fans that would come rows down and stand in the aisles to tell him that his team sucked over and over again.Atleast 2 of the 10 were looking for a fight but we were there to watch a football game what a novel idea.I would have to take my shoes off to count the number of fights that broke out that day in the RP.And to top it all off someone was carried out in a streacher that had been stabbed.All and all I would say just good clean family fun.

All that and to see the jumbotron you have to turn around to view it.If you can avoid that hole in the stadium I would say avoid it at all costs.Unless you are one of those fans that thinks buying your ticket gives you the right to act like an a$$ even with kids present than you shoud fit right in.I know I just painted the whole RP with a broad stroke but I'll never get seats back there again.

.Unless you are one of those fans that thinks buying your ticket gives you the right to act like an a$$ even with kids present than you shoud fit right in.

If you take your kids to and EndZone seat, either endzone, child protective services should meet you at the exit at 4:15.

Sat in the rockpile for a few years. There are a few obnoxious drunk college kids. other wise it is fine. don't expect to sit or be quiet an don't ask peopple in front of you to sit. This section is a lot of fun. But it does get quite rowdy at times.

I bought my tickets here again.

I have sat in the rockpile a number of times as both my brother and a close friend have had season tickets there... I really didnt get the impression that it was all that rowdy as most are season ticket holders, but its definitely not the family section as there are people who want to have fun for sure. I'd say as long as you don't have kids, go for it.

I'm in the tamer end of the stadium :thumbsup::D

Section 137. Rowdiest parts are the tunnel end (the side the marching band ISN'T on...), the rockpile, and the low 200's with the morons running along the tops of the boxes.

I don't mind at all... the real fun is in the parking lot!