[closed]Double standards.

I don't believe that you can claim that. As for me, I haven't seen or heard Lynch go public, the police are claiming that they are getting frustrated with his silence about the situation and this is how many days after the incident? I do agree that Lynch has much at stake and needs to be careful but let's not lose sight of what's really important here and that is a woman was struck by a vehicle and was left without knowing the extent of her injuries. That's not "Stand up and be a man" BS. That's how I was raised and that's how I roll.

The whole problem I have is WHY DON'T THEY JUST GO TALK TO LYNCH??? I am not trying to give Lynch the benefit of the doubt or anything or make light of what he did but the police have known where he's been for the past week. Are you telling me that if I was driving and hit someone and run and there was all of this evidence against me I could just go to work all week like nothing and the police wouldn't come to question me, they would just politely ask me to come talk to them? I think there are two situations here. A) What Marshawn allegedly did which is seperate from B) how the police/DA are handling it. I think that is the part that is confusing me...why not just take care of it. You're the police. Why make everything public, threaten otehr Bills players, etc. I'm not questioning whether Marshawn did was right or wrong (if he did in fact do it) but I am certainly questioning the way this is being handled by the authorities...something is just off...

The whole problem I have is WHY DON'T THEY JUST GO TALK TO LYNCH??? I am not trying to give Lynch the benefit of the doubt or anything or make light of what he did but the police have known where he's been for the past week. Are you telling me that if I was driving and hit someone and run and there was all of this evidence against me I could just go to work all week like nothing and the police wouldn't come to question me, they would just politely ask me to come talk to them? I think there are two situations here. A) What Marshawn allegedly did which is seperate from B) how the police/DA are handling it. I think that is the part that is confusing me...why not just take care of it. You're the police. Why make everything public, threaten otehr Bills players, etc. I'm not questioning whether Marshawn did was right or wrong (if he did in fact do it) but I am certainly questioning the way this is being handled by the authorities...something is just off...

LAWYER. He's got one. If you were driving and hit someone and there was "all of this evidence" (whatever that is) against you, you could just go to work all week like nothing and the police wouldn't come to question you, they would just politely ask you to come talk to them, AND YOU HAD ADVICE OF COUNSEL TO NOT TALK...yes, that's probably what they'd do. They wouldn't come get you because you've already been advised by your lawyer not to talk without him present...so why bother coming to get you?

LAWYER. He's got one. If you were driving and hit someone and there was "all of this evidence" (whatever that is) against you, you could just go to work all week like nothing and the police wouldn't come to question you, they would just politely ask you to come talk to them, AND YOU HAD ADVICE OF COUNSEL TO NOT TALK...yes, that's probably what they'd do. They wouldn't come get you because you've already been advised by your lawyer not to talk without him present...so why bother coming to get you?

Yes but why continue to go out to the media and say things like Marshawn is being uncooperative? What they do that if it was me doing the same exact thing? You want to talk about a double standard...like I said something just seems off...and that's the problem. Once a couple guys try to play hero you blur the line. Say Marshawn came right up and confessed...what would it be, $1000 fine and community service, etc.? Assuming that he is using the proper legal channels right now then you would expect the punishment not to change right? So why the hero mission all of a sudden by the DA and Police? Just do your job, it's not really helping anyone by coming out and talking about the case is it? That's my problem with it all.

The whole problem I have is WHY DON'T THEY JUST GO TALK TO LYNCH???

How do you know they haven't? My biggest problem with the 24x7 news media is that it makes people believe that just because they haven't heard something, it could not possibly have happened.

Are you telling me that if I was driving and hit someone and run and there was all of this evidence against me I could just go to work all week like nothing and the police wouldn't come to question me, they would just politely ask me to come talk to them?

No, no one is telling you (or the other 57 people that have made 'if it were me' posts) that. Once and for all, pro athletes are celebrities and THE RULES ARE DIFFERENT FOR CELEBRITIES. If you don't like that, don't participate in perpetuating the celebrity culture.

How do you know they haven't? My biggest problem with the 24x7 news media is that it makes people believe that just because they haven't heard something, it could not possibly have happened.

No, no one is telling you (or the other 57 people that have made 'if it were me' posts) that. Once and for all, pro athletes are celebrities and THE RULES ARE DIFFERENT FOR CELEBRITIES. If you don't like that, don't participate in perpetuating the celebrity culture.

First of all, who said that I was perpetuating the celebrity culture? And second of all, the point is that from where I sit, this is being handled incorrectly by the police and DA. I'm sorry if I take public service seriously and do not like it when public servants try to go out of their realm for presumed fame or whatever it is that they're looking for, etc. Based on what we've heard the route that has most likely been taken is that Marshawn is a suspect in the hit and run, he is having his lawyer talk to police and the lawyer has advised him not to say anything. The police getting frustrated with a lack of solid leads, threatens Marshawn and other Bills players and witnesses now to step up. Which is fine by me so long as they tell that to their lawyers, not news cameras. Marshawn can go to jail for ten years for all I care, I'm just saying this is not how a situation should be handled.

I was the victim of a hit and run two years ago. Thankfully I was not hit and my car was, while it was parked on my one way street. The nature of the incident was that a car was driving at a high speed the wrong way down my street when it hit a parked car and spun into my car, among others. This happened at about 4 am. When the car stopped spinning, according to a witness who heard the noise and came out of their house, the driver got out and ran into a nearby house, which happened to be his own house, only about a block from the accident. When I called the police and they took all the information down, they had the witnesses statement. They also recieved a call reporting that same car stolen at about 6 am that morning - two hours after the incident.

The police, since "they did not have credible evidence", as they put it, to charge the driver, would not go to that person's house to question them. No criminalcharges were ever filed against the car owner either. Eventually, since I had to pay the deductable for the work on my car, my insurance company sued him for it in civil court and won - 18 months later. That's when I got my $500.00 deductable back.

The cops will not go out and talk to Lynch unless they can prove in court that he was driving or he elects to speak with them. Otherwise this will be resolved in civil court, not criminal.

This is not to make light of what the poor girl went through or about the driver "being a man" about it. Those are separate cases all together. For everyone who is saying the driver is in the wrong and is a bad person, how do even know that the driver knew he hit some one?

Honestly..................

I just want to win football games. Plus I bought a Lynch jersey and I will pissed as all hell if I cant wear it anymore, trust me I will ask for refund........

but you do have a point about "if was another player" I agree

First of all, who said that I was perpetuating the celebrity culture?

You are here talking about celebrities aren't you? If you watch the games, to go the games, buy the gear, etc., you are contributing to the financial infrastructure that pays the players and the media that create the celebrity culture. And you are doing it with the full knowledge that these celebs will be treated differently from the average Joe in almost every circumstance, including when they have runs ins with the law. So let's not indulge in false outrage when they get treated that way.

And second of all, the point is that from where I sit, this is being handled incorrectly by the police and DA.

Exactly my point. Unless you are 'sitting' in the Buffalo PD or DA's office, you don't have any friggin idea what is happening in this investigation and no basis from which to support any conclusion. It's a free country, so if you want to form an opinion on virtually no evidence and then get worked up about it, that's fine. Just don't be surprised when others choose to wait for those responsible for the investigation to make some definitive statement.

Based on what we've heard the route that has most likely been taken is that Marshawn is a suspect in the hit and run, he is having his lawyer talk to police and the lawyer has advised him not to say anything. The police getting frustrated with a lack of solid leads, threatens Marshawn and other Bills players and witnesses now to step up. Which is fine by me so long as they tell that to their lawyers, not news cameras.

Apparently it's not fine by you because you seem quite distressed that you are not in possession of the full story which is why you are creating speculation based on very little evidence.

My guess is that they are negotiating terms on the legal obligations (and possibly league penalties) behind the scenes and when everything is settled to everyone's satisfaction, Marshawn will make his official guilty plea and they will roll him out for his 'I made a mistake' speech. But I don't know either, so let's all just wait and see what happens.

"Left for bruised". Why quibble? :thumbsup: Either way, the Buffalo Bills are playing God with people's lives, and why the hell isn't FEMA air-dropping pallets of water to her?????

FEMA is on their way. :w00t:

Who here is surprised that a celebrity/NFL player is being treated differently than the average person?

Why would they be? It happens everytime, so I definitely wouldn't call it a double standard anymore. It's more of a standard at this point.

All that I'm hopeful for is that Marshawn doesn't miss any game time. You can talk all day about what should have been done that night and what shouldn't, but the reality is that you have no idea how you'd react in that situation. I mean, is anyone really raised that they should pull off and not help the person?? I don't care if you're rich or poor, you know better.

What it comes down to is the choice you make when the sh*t hits the fan. I can't honestly say that I wouldn't pull off either because I've never been in that situation. I like to think that I would stop, but nobody can say for certain what they'd do.

All I can say is that it doesn't surprise me one bit that this is turning out to be a sh*t show.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.