Lynch's Silence

Why hasn't he been arrested yet? The physical evidence is present (damaged vehicle, damaged human being). There are eyewitnesses. What's the hang up here? I don't care who he is -- he needs to be brought into custody and questioned -- no more of this BS of waiting for him to step forward.

Because they have ZERO concrete evidence. If you ask me the Buffalo PD is getting desperate. By telling the press that they have witnesses who saw ML driving the car would equate to the cops going to OBD and arresting him right there on the spot.

They are losing this battle and they know it.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!

He will pay a fine for scraping the lady's leg. It is a misdemeanor for first time offender. I DON'T CARE!! I am not asking the guy to babysit my kid or to preach at my church.

so, in sum, I Don't Care!!!!!!

Because they have ZERO concrete evidence. If you ask me the Buffalo PD is getting desperate. By telling the press that they have witnesses who saw ML driving the car would equate to the cops going to OBD and arresting him right there on the spot.

They are losing this battle and they know it.

Perhaps you are correct, but it seems like the physical evidence alone would be enough to question him.

Give me a break pal. The things that Kelly & the boys did back in the glory days would make this team look like choir boys. Alot of the stuff did not get reported in the paper at the time, but I have reliable sources that have told me some doozies.

how can I take your opinion seriously...you sell tickets for profit...

:thumbsup:

Living in Buffalo at the time, there were stories on the street that were just as bad about Bruce, Jim and Andre specifically, but that was before the instant information age.

Uh yeah....they were quite on the scene. And very lucky it was before the days of camera cell phones.

The old Polian/Levy "draft only character guys" philosophy is dead.

I wish I could get paid a dollar every time that concept is misinterpreted on this board...I'd be working on my second million by now. :thumbsup:

I wonder if it was your daughter that got hit, would you think the story was overplayed?

They haven't gone into the comedy aspects of the story yet. I mean a hit and run isn't as funny as a driveway powerbomb, but still it's pretty good.

They haven't gone into the comedy aspects of the story yet. I mean a hit and run isn't as funny as a driveway powerbomb, but still it's pretty good.

:lol :thumbsup::w00t:

This may be the first time I've ever laughed at a crayonz post...

You talk about this like it's some kid's hijinks. He's a 22-year-old man, with a (supposed) college education.

He didn't make a mistake - he willfully committed a criminal act.

No, he's pretty much a kid. Frankly, I've know very few 22-year olds who'd act differently in the situation. And the college-educated one's I'd expect to be MORE likely to do that.

And oh-by-the-way, THEY STILL CAN'T DETERMINE IF HE WAS DRIVING! :thumbsup: Since, judging by your post, you have conclusive evidence that he was, perhaps you should share it with the police?

Marshawn's car was involved in an accident, and to this point, allegedly had a bad lapse in judgment, and allegedly ran from the scene which has made it POTENTIAL criminal matter.

If Marshawn is convicted of wrongdoing, he serves his time and needs to learn from his mistake. People do dumb things which I can attest to. but do it again, shame on the person.

Perhaps you are correct, but it seems like the physical evidence alone would be enough to question him.

Evidently not. IMO, the Buffalo police look like a bunch of buffoons calling all these press conferences to whine about Marshawn not turning himself in. I agree with, SchobelFumble- if they had ANY evidence whatsoever, they'd end this PR charade, march down to the Bills' practice center and put Lynch in handcuffs. It's not like the Bills spend their days in a hidden dome deep beneath Lake Erie, everyone knows where the man can be found!

Define "bruised hip" and tell me you don't have countless places on your own skin where you might have gotten seven stitches but instead used band aids and salve for three days until your scrape scabbed up.

SOMEONE'S JUST OUT TO MAKE NEWS!

(at least this is what I hope!)

Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time with the Lynch hit and run aftermath? According to Channel 2 four witnesses say that Marshawn was at the wheel and that other Bills were in the car with him.

If true, what does that say about the moral fiber of this team? The old Polian/Levy "draft only character guys" philosophy is dead. I can't imagine Jim Kelly being in a similar scenario back in the glory days and hiding behind attorneys for days on end.

What kind of a team do we really have if players (plural) would hit a citizen of the community and leave her laying in the road. For all they knew they may have killed her.

I'm starting to think that Beast Mode may have a double meaning.

Wasn't their philosophy to draft players with high football character? They wanted players who loved to play football, not necessarily guys who won't screw up off the field. All of the guys we have drafted recently fit that profile. They like to play football, a lot have come from poor backgrounds (monetarily and support-wise), and have overcome a lot to play football. The hope being that they want to play football to the point that they might change their lifestyles when they mature a bit so the off-field issues are a non-factor.

I don't want Tim Anderson bringing his lunch pale to work every day, I want Marshawn Lynch and Jason Peters stealing Tim Anderson's lunch pale every day.

Why hasn't he been arrested yet? The physical evidence is present (damaged vehicle, damaged human being). There are eyewitnesses. What's the hang up here? I don't care who he is -- he needs to be brought into custody and questioned -- no more of this BS of waiting for him to step forward.

This is how the legal process works. Even if he were to be questioned by the police, he wouldn't have to answer legally, since it might be construed as self-incrimination. Now pleading the fifth probably won't help him with the league, but it could get him off the hook legally.

The other thing is that how are you really going to find a credible witness to something that happened on Chippewa at 3:30 am? The defense attorney just has to ask the witness how many drinks they had that night. Not to mention that since the story has taken off in the enws and the witness just came forward in the past two days, it causes doubt about the witnesses motives. What if the "witness" was a bartender who Marshawn didn't tip that night? Or maybe Marshawn was hitting on some one's girlfriend that night - or any other night - and that guy thought it would be a good way to get back at him. Christ - it might even be a Dolphins, Pats, or Jets fan that is trying to ruin our season!

Not that any of these thigns are that probable, but they are all just as valid as Marshawn actually hitting the girl and driving away.

You talk about this like it's some kid's hijinks. He's a 22-year-old man, with a (supposed) college education.

He didn't make a mistake - he willfully committed a criminal act.

You have no idea what he did or didn't do nor whether those actions constitute a criminal act. If you have evidence material to the case, you should report it to the police asap.

No, he's pretty much a kid. Frankly, I've know very few 22-year olds who'd act differently in the situation. And the college-educated one's I'd expect to be MORE likely to do that.

And oh-by-the-way, THEY STILL CAN'T DETERMINE IF HE WAS DRIVING! :thumbsup: Since, judging by your post, you have conclusive evidence that he was, perhaps you should share it with the police?

Exactly.

I don't understand how they have a witness who says he was driving and yet, in the same story, it says authorities still aren't sure who was driving. Either they don't beleive their own witness or the statement is not dispositive as to who the driver was. Or, some other possibility I can't think of at the moment.

Lynch did it. Fled the scene. Somebody saw it. Cops know it. Commish waiting. Suspension to come. Bills 6-10. Jauron fired. Throw Trent on the heap of Never-Was Qb's. Depression descends on WNY. Canada takes our team. New Mexico takes our water. Gas prices go to $10/gallon. Society collapses. Dean is never heard from again. I've seen it a million times.

Lynch did it. Fled the scene. Somebody saw it. Cops know it. Commish waiting. Suspension to come. Bills 6-10. Jauron fired. Throw Trent on the heap of Never-Was Qb's. Depression descends on WNY. Canada takes our team. New Mexico takes our water. Gas prices go to $10/gallon. Society collapses. Dean is never heard from again. I've seen it a million times.

You forgot to mention boner pill ads. :thumbsup: