Sam Adams benched apparently

He played most of the first half but didnt play well. One play Gray was furious with him and tried to take him out but he wouldnt leave the field. The coaches were pissed (and Pat Williams had to come out). They benched him for the second half, mosty because Edwads just happened to be playing well. But Adams was pissed and the coaches were pissed at him.

I just heard more about it. Bannan and Edwards were sent in after Adams and Williams were both bowled over by Sammy Morris. That was the play Gray was pissed at. Adams wouldnt come out and stayed in for three more plays. Bannan had to run off the field. Then the coaches yelled at Adams and benched him the rest of the game.

Sam started the game.  I checked the gamebook and saw his name only in the 1st quarter.  I saw the 2nd half but don't recall seeing him, just Pat.

73343[/snapback]

I was going by the CBS graphic that showed Edwards & Williams as starters.

We could do worse than Edwards-Williams as our DT's. Edwards was second in tackles to McGee (anybody think our leading tacklers in a game would be McGee-Edwards-Prioleau?).

Personally, I think anyone who defies the coaches should sit longer than Adams actually did, and might be trade bait as well. We'll see.

As Bill Parcells noted, having a player even take a swing at a coach can end uo being a good thing IF you handle it properly. Having some emotion and some clear lines of authority leading to accountability is a clear need for the improvement of this team. Here's hoping they use this fight to clear the air and improve themselves.

This should be no surprise.

Adams has been a headcase ever since he's played in the NFL. That's why he's been from team to team and it's why we had no opposition for Adams services the offseason we signed him.

This should be no surprise.

Adams has been a headcase ever since he's played in the NFL.  That's why he's been from team to team and it's why we had no opposition for Adams services the offseason we signed him.

73380[/snapback]

So what you're saying is that you've nominated him for "Whipping Boy of the Week?"

So what you're saying is that you've nominated him for "Whipping Boy of the Week?"

73382[/snapback]

Gotta whip someone.

I didn't even know Edwards was still on the roster. Haven't heard his name called since 2002?

I'm fairly certain on two plays where Adams COULD have gone in pursuit, he seemed to realize he probably COUNLDN'T catch the guy, and let up.  I can't remember when or where in the game those plays occurred, but I do remember them.

73381[/snapback]

I just reviewed every Bills defensive play in the first half. The worst thing you say about Adams was that after 3 steps on a couple of plays he stopped running. He was out of it on each of those plays.

The Fins were not going through him by any means.