The Torch Has Been Officially Passed

Actually, the deep-fried turkey is excellent fare for a tailgate. I would eschew the fried donuts, though, unless you want to have every cop in WNY at your tailgate.

One thing we've always done is try to match the food & drink to the visiting team, when possible. There are so many microbreweries out there making decent beer that almost every city has their own beer. So for the Jets - NY Strip Steaks, Manhattan clam chowder, NY cheesecake, New Amsterdam beer. For the 49ers - dungeness crab, sourdough bread, Anchor Steam beer, and plenty of Napa wine. For Miami - blue marlin and some sort of cuban cocktail, and so forth. Your crew will definitely appreciate a cup of hot New England clam chowder at that Dec. 28th game, along with a Sam Adams or Harpoon ale.

When all else fails, or you're pressed for time, or there's nothing unique about the visiting city's cuisine, you can't go wrong with 5 or 6 pounds of Scime's hot deluxe Italian sausage and some fresh rolls from Balistreri's - washed down with plenty of Flying Bison, of course...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :lol:

I tend to do the opposite. Absolutely no Sam Adams during Patriettes* games!

I'm going to try to get the wife to make * shaped cookies for the game and hand them out to any visiting NE fans. We will also be flying a * flag.

I tend to do the opposite. Absolutely no Sam Adams during Patriettes* games!

I'm going to try to get the wife to make * shaped cookies for the game and hand them out to any visiting NE fans. We will also be flying a * flag.

LOVE the * cookie idea :lol:

For me, it's all about great food and a great time with good friends - mocking the *'s fans while drinking Cape Codders, fine ale, and good chowder, then going in and watching our BuffTown Bills kick the *'s ass!

Posluszny!!!!! :lol:

I like the theme based ideas alternating around the different teams - It does not even have to be food related - any suggestions

Example - burning different shaped logos made out of wood

Me and my brother made a full size Willis McGahee scarecrow last year, printed a picture of his face for the head, and put a jersey on him. Half hour before gametime we put him in a garbage can and set him on fire. Nothing like 100+ Bills fans gathering around chanting "Burn Willis Burn" to get your heart racing for a big game.

I did feel kind of bad when all that was left was a wooden frame and the "head" of Willis was still in flames (I really wasn't trying to go for a Southern KKK rally feel, but unfortunately it had a little bit of that feel to it :lol: )

Either way, that was a great Tailgate!

We do wings every game in the turkey fryer with Anchor Bar sauce and mix up the other entree. Venison tenderloin for the opener this year! Beer brats are always good if you have a big enough grill. Grill 'em and soak them in beer in a foil pan on the grill. We bought this grill last year and love it.

http://www.bradsdeals.com/brinkmann-tailga...-pid-10057.html

It folds flat and has a ton of space to cook on. A canopy makes every tailgate better, especially in the rain or cold. We also have a heater that attaches to a propane tank that helps during the really cold games. For any single guys, women flock to the heaters! Flag poles are nice touch too.

Not for Buffalo, but for LSU, we have our own tailgating crew (or krewe as we call it here). We have over 20 members and still growing. Our website is http://www.kreweofamigos.com .

Entertainment that is always popular is drinking games of course, but ladder golf and washer toss are always fun. Beer pong and the Octabong are the most popular. You can get an octabong at http://www.octabong.com and custom made beer pong tables at http://www.bjsbeerpong.com/ .

You must have loud enough music so that when people walk by, their first impression would be "Wow, that's a party right there!". We bought a professional DJ setup at http://www.audiolines.com with large speakers.

Make sure you have everything you need to cook. Enough cutlery, sharp knives, bowls, pans, cups, ect. because you'll need them. Also, know what you are going to cook before hand. Defrost, marinate, pack up everything in ziplock bags and aluminum foil the day before. Don't forget the seasonings. Matches. Make sure propane tanks are full for cooking. You never be too prepared when it comes to food.

I suggest 2, maybe 3 tents, depends on the guests. Chairs! Ice chests filled with drinks, and at least two with extra ice. Decorations. We have two 20' flag poles I made out of PVC pipe that holds 2 flags each. We also have an inflatable large LSU helmet now.

You must have loud enough music so that when people walk by, their first impression would be "Wow, that's a party right there!". We bought a professional DJ setup at http://www.audiolines.com with large speakers.

But also understand that there are other tailgate parties around you and keep the volume at a reasonable level so that you can hear it and it doesnt overwelm everybody else. Everyone around you wants to have their own setup as well, so dont come in and just overtake them.

In our section of Drive 5, we had two old guys come for two seasons, get out of their van and put techno music on speakers louder than the crap ones inside the Ralph. It was just the two of them... they certainly didn't need them that loud! We pestered them enough for the year that they moved spots next season.

But also understand that there are other tailgate parties around you and keep the volume at a reasonable level so that you can hear it and it doesnt overwelm everybody else. Everyone around you wants to have their own setup as well, so dont come in and just overtake them.

In our section of Drive 5, we had two old guys come for two seasons, get out of their van and put techno music on speakers louder than the crap ones inside the Ralph. It was just the two of them... they certainly didn't need them that loud! We pestered them enough for the year that they moved spots next season.

We have dealt with the super loud "DJ" tailgates too. For some reason they think everyone wants to hear them make bad jokes and pretend to be Casey Casem. We bring a radio to listen to pre-game and we actually like to have conversations.

There have also been very courteous groups that set up away from the people that arrive before them and ask us if the music is too loud. At least anyone who parks close to them at that point knows that they are in for loud music. It sounds like Cajunbillsbacker has a large enough group that they take up a good amount of space and all agree on the festivities.

Most people I run into at the tailgates don't like the obnoxiously loud music that carries across half the lot. Play what you want at your tailgate loud enough to enjoy it, but let the rest of us pick our own music. Or find a spot where everyone enjoys your "entertainment".

We have dealt with the super loud "DJ" tailgates too. For some reason they think everyone wants to hear them make bad jokes and pretend to be Casey Casem. We bring a radio to listen to pre-game and we actually like to have conversations.

There have also been very courteous groups that set up away from the people that arrive before them and ask us if the music is too loud. At least anyone who parks close to them at that point knows that they are in for loud music. It sounds like Cajunbillsbacker has a large enough group that they take up a good amount of space and all agree on the festivities.

Most people I run into at the tailgates don't like the obnoxiously loud music that carries across half the lot. Play what you want at your tailgate loud enough to enjoy it, but let the rest of us pick our own music. Or find a spot where everyone enjoys your "entertainment".

Agreed! LSU's campus is huge. We setup along the edge of a large free parking lot a quarter mile from the stadium where there isn't much tailgating in the area besides us. Just alot of people walking by to get closer to the stadium. Besides, we set up the night before, so if anyone sets up that close to us after seeing our equipment and expects it to be quiet, that's their own fault. The campus patrol who watch over our lot all know us and our tailgate, and all of them come and get drinks and food before they start guiding traffic. When we pack up, we open up about 5 parking spots for lucky late arrivers looking for a closer spot.

Loud music is not allowed in the parking pass lots because every tailgate is pretty much connected together and even a small radio can be heard 5 tents down. There's no way I would try and squeeze my tailgate party next to anyone else anyways because I like alot of room to be social and move around.

In past years, I used to have a big Home Opener Theme Party and buy a big block of group tickets. Attendees would dress up in the theme and obviously all sit together. Past themes included:

Hillbilly/Redneck (by far the most fun and most creative attire, I bought a box of Billy Bob teeth to pass out)

Mardi Gras (beads and masks)

60's (T'Dies)

Tiki Bar (Hawaiian shirts, leis, grass skirts, bikini tops)