Hillary wins the popular vote in the Democratic primaries

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my lord where are you getting such strong kool-aid? He knew he was going to lose and pulled out before it could happen? Wow, that makes sense. With that school of thought, he should never jumped in the Presidential race because Hillary had 20-point leads all across the country. Shouldn't he have just skipped 90% of the primaries and caucuses? And Point of fact is that Hillary signed upon the same agreement regarding Florida and Michigan... the ONLY reason it became a big deal to her is because she is and was losing. Only reason.

Just face it, her campaign royally screwed up. They believed that they would have this won by Super Tuesday. They didn't. Then they were instantly behind the eight-ball in organizing advance crews for each upcoming primary and for raising money. The other HUGE blunder was that because they expected to win - they did not care as much about the caucus states. That in itself killed her chances.

Regarding popular vote, as I posted earlier - that is completely debatable. Sounds like a bushism - fuzzy math.

There's no other reasonable explaination of why Obama took his name out of Michigan other than fear of a bad showing that would have minimized him, and pandering to Iowa and NH. Hillary did sign the same agreement (not to campaign). Again, it's a fact that removing their name was not part of the agreement. That was an individual decision.

No doubt the campaign has made some strategic mistakes; not organizing in states that will go Republican in November and missing the chance to get the delegate votes to match her lead in popular votes to make the choice clearer for superdelegates were mistakes. But they righted the ship in the past three months, and clearly her message and candidacy is the preferred in the swing states a Democrat needs to win. She has had the momentum while his campaign has been losing altitude like a week old party balloon. Superdelegates need to recognize that if they want to vote with their heads.

There's no other reasonable explaination of why Obama took his name out of Michigan other than fear of a bad showing that would have minimized him, and pandering to Iowa and NH. Hillary did sign the same agreement (not to campaign). Again, it's a fact that removing their name was not part of the agreement. That was an individual decision.

No doubt the campaign has made some strategic mistakes; not organizing in states that will go Republican in November and missing the chance to get the delegate votes to match her lead in popular votes to make the choice clearer for superdelegates were mistakes. But they righted the ship in the past three months, and clearly her message and candidacy is the preferred in the swing states a Democrat needs to win. She has had the momentum while his campaign has been losing altitude like a week old party balloon. Superdelegates need to recognize that if they want to vote with their heads.

The clearest sign yet that Hillary's campaign is done is that you've gone from phantasmagorically blind support of her to phantasmagorically blind excuse-making for her.

Christ, you're like a political vending machine. Pop in a quarter, and out comes a statement of Clinton support. Or a friggin' juke box that will only play Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'".

So does that also explain why Edwards, Richardson and Biden did as well? All pandering to Iowa and NH after the fact does make much sense when your staff has to worry about the primaries and caucuses to come as well as raising money for them. If I may ask, where did this idea come from?

Again, popular vote lead is debatable.

Superdelegate count, now: 331

With another blowout win over Obama, this time in Puerto Rico, Hillary is assured of winning the popular vote total. The seating of all the delegates from Florida and Michigan means that those vote totals are now recognized as official. More people have voted for Hillary than any other person in the history of primaries. The last time the Democrats selected a nominee who didn't win the popular vote was 1972 when they picked McGovern, who was crushed in the general election by Nixon. Now it's time for the superdelegates to do the smart thing and not the easy thing, and follow the will of the majority of voters and support Hillary. Those who don't learn from history are destined to repeat it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhzAUJB7NDQ

It is time to turn the page on the Clinton/Bush regime. 20 years of the dynastic family is more than enough.

The clearest sign yet that Hillary's campaign is done is that you've gone from phantasmagorically blind support of her to phantasmagorically blind excuse-making for her.

Christ, you're like a political vending machine. Pop in a quarter, and out comes a statement of Clinton support. Or a friggin' juke box that will only play Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'".

wow, great word Tom :thumbsup:

What excuse, I replied to a statement that I agreed her campaign made mistakes early on. That's a fact, not an excuse.

I'd hate to have you as a player on my team with your losing attitude. "Coach, we're losing by a few points in the 4th quarter. I know more fans are for us than the other team, but why don't we just give up and go get a Happy Meal."

I'd hate to have you as a player on my team with your losing attitude. "Coach, we're losing by a few points in the 4th quarter. I know more fans are for us than the other team, but why don't we just give up and go get a Happy Meal."

:blink::blink::thumbsup::rolleyes:

I LOVE YOU PJ! :w00t:

More like: "Coach, we're losing by two touchdowns late in the 4th quarter. I know we can call the Commissioner and ask him to extend the game to 5 quarters and also get him to change the rules so that FGs count for 6 points each. Plus, you never know....the Blimp may crash into our opponents' sidelines and kill everyone!!!"

More like: "Coach, we're losing by two touchdowns late in the 4th quarter. I know we can call the Commissioner and ask him to extend the game to 5 quarters and also get him to change the rules so that FGs count for 6 points each. Plus, you never know....the Blimp may crash into our opponents' sidelines and kill everyone!!!"

:thumbsup:

Nice.

Don't forget those points we scored during practice before the other team took the field

She has had the momentum while his campaign has been losing altitude like a week old party balloon. Superdelegates need to recognize that if they want to vote with their heads.

You mean she has the momentum except for the fact that everyone is abandoning her ship, committee votes went against her, she's losing superdelegates every day, she's bankrupt, losing staff, and Barack doesn't even have to campaign against her the last month and is poised to win the last three states that actually count (Oregon, Montana and South Dakota). That kind of momentum?

You mean she has the momentum except for the fact that everyone is abandoning her ship, committee votes went against her, she's losing superdelegates every day, she's bankrupt, losing staff, and Barack doesn't even have to campaign against her the last month and is poised to win the last three states that actually count (Oregon, Montana and South Dakota). That kind of momentum?

There's that P word again :thumbsup:

Too bad Hillary doesn't have Chroise®

Please state specifically what rule she is trying to change. She's not asking that the person who gets the required number of delegates to vote for them at the convention not be given the nomination. She's just trying to get the superdelegates, who are not bound by any criteria to decide who to support, to vote for her, which is within the rules, so she can reach the required number when they vote at the convention and decide who the nominee will be.

What excuse, I replied to a statement that I agreed her campaign made mistakes early on. That's a fact, not an excuse.

Yeah, "It's the superdelegates fault" wasn't an excuse.

So since fan popularity does NOT dictate the final outcome of sporting events...are you now implying that the popular vote should NOT be considered? Or is it an admission by you that you believe that the outcome should be adjusted, no matter what the rules or relative performance, so that popularity is the key consideration?

The rule that says votes count in primaries where the people who actually make the rules say the votes don't count.

"Please insert another quarter..."

Oh, look KTFABD...you won the "But she won the popular vote" prize!

"Please insert another quarter..."

Oh, look KTFABD...you won the "But she won the popular vote" prize!

Actually, for the "you won the popular vote" prize, you don't even have to put a quarter in the slot. You just get it because you say you do. Even though you and a few of your psychophants are the only ones that actually believe it.

I take that back, most of them probably don't even believe it, they just say it.