This Toronto game hype is pure garbage!

So, I'm a Bills season ticket holder, and I'm just calling BS on this Toronto garbage.

So, first preference on tickets for this Bills game are the Argo's season ticket holders. There are about 17,500 of them and they were already able to buy up to 8 tickets. Now, the Rogers center only holds about 53,000 for football. So, assuming that the game didn't sell out from just Argo's season ticket holders says alot already.

Now, add in a chance for 50,000 Bills season ticket holders to buy tickets. They are up. Here's another chance for roughly another huge allotment of tickets to be sold for the Bills game in Toronto. Each account holder can buy up to 8 seats in the smallest stadium capacity in the league. Still not sold out. I understand that there aren't 50,000 season ticket accounts from us, but between the Bills and Argo's there are 67,000 seats sold between the two clubs. The games still aren't sold out.

How do I know this, well, because today, I get an email that I am also one of the random drawn people in the lottery from the general public to also buy Bills in Toronto tix.

So, I've had two chances now to buy Bills in Toronto tix. So, just how popular can this game be in a stadium that only holds 53,000 people? 67,000 people already had a chance to easily sell out the games. Each account had a chance to buy 8 tickets. Now, they are already on the general public list.

LOL. These games will most likely sellout, but there is more made up hype than actual excitement about the Bills playing games in Toronto. Where are all of these 180,000 people who signed up to take part in this?

I mean, it took the winter classic, what, 15 mintues to sellout? So, why is the so called, amazing novetly, not already soldout?

Long live the CFL.

So, I'm a Bills season ticket holder, and I'm just calling BS on this Toronto garbage.

So, first preference on tickets for this Bills game are the Argo's season ticket holders. There are about 17,500 of them and they were already able to buy up to 8 tickets. Now, the Rogers center only holds about 53,000 for football. So, assuming that the game didn't sell out from just Argo's season ticket holders says alot already.

Now, add in a chance for 50,000 Bills season ticket holders to buy tickets. They are up. Here's another chance for roughly another huge allotment of tickets to be sold for the Bills game in Toronto. Each account holder can buy up to 8 seats in the smallest stadium capacity in the league. Still not sold out. I understand that there aren't 50,000 season ticket accounts from us, but between the Bills and Argo's there are 67,000 seats sold between the two clubs. The games still aren't sold out.

How do I know this, well, because today, I get an email that I am also one of the random drawn people in the lottery from the general public to also buy Bills in Toronto tix.

So, I've had two chances now to buy Bills in Toronto tix. So, just how popular can this game be in a stadium that only holds 53,000 people? 67,000 people already had a chance to easily sell out the games. Each account had a chance to buy 8 tickets. Now, they are already on the general public list.

LOL. These games will most likely sellout, but there is more made up hype than actual excitement about the Bills playing games in Toronto. Where are all of these 180,000 people who signed up to take part in this?

I mean, it took the winter classic, what, 15 mintues to sellout? So, why is the so called, amazing novetly, not already soldout?

Long live the CFL.

I doubt anyone expected more than a few of the 17,500 Argos season tickets holders to buy tickets, and that that was done as a courtesy to the CFL. As for Bills season ticket holders, the price for Toronto tickets is pretty high, not to mention there's the "protest" factor. So no surprise that the game hasn't soldout yet. But it will.

I doubt anyone expected more than a few of the 17,500 Argos season tickets holders to buy tickets, and that that was done as a courtesy to the CFL. As for Bills season ticket holders, the price for Toronto tickets is pretty high, not to mention there's the "protest" factor. So no surprise that the game hasn't soldout yet. But it will.

I agree with the price being outrageous for your typical bills fan. If it was priced comparable to RWS than it would have sold out fast like the winter classic.

So, I'm a Bills season ticket holder, and I'm just calling BS on this Toronto garbage.So, first preference on tickets for this Bills game are the Argo's season ticket holders. There are about 17,500 of them and they were already able to buy up to 8 tickets. Now, the Rogers center only holds about 53,000 for football. So, assuming that the game didn't sell out from just Argo's season ticket holders says alot already. Now, add in a chance for 50,000 Bills season ticket holders to buy tickets. They are up. Here's another chance for roughly another huge allotment of tickets to be sold for the Bills game in Toronto. Each account holder can buy up to 8 seats in the smallest stadium capacity in the league. Still not sold out. I understand that there aren't 50,000 season ticket accounts from us, but between the Bills and Argo's there are 67,000 seats sold between the two clubs. The games still aren't sold out. How do I know this, well, because today, I get an email that I am also one of the random drawn people in the lottery from the general public to also buy Bills in Toronto tix.So, I've had two chances now to buy Bills in Toronto tix. So, just how popular can this game be in a stadium that only holds 53,000 people? 67,000 people already had a chance to easily sell out the games. Each account had a chance to buy 8 tickets. Now, they are already on the general public list.LOL. These games will most likely sellout, but there is more made up hype than actual excitement about the Bills playing games in Toronto. Where are all of these 180,000 people who signed up to take part in this? I mean, it took the winter classic, what, 15 mintues to sellout? So, why is the so called, amazing novetly, not already soldout?Long live the CFL.

I've been thinking along those lines all along. The Bills know fans travel for the Miami game every year, and I feel they gave up that game knowingly in order to turn the game into a tourist weekend.

Remember when the Sabres had a waiting list of close to 10,000 for season tickets? When the Sabres asked for a few bucks to save your place in line and to get some other perks, the list dwindled down to 500. And this was before they became bad again. Use that 5% output and only 9,000 seats will sell to those signed up.

My guess is that the tickets with $65 and $85 values will go on Ebay for $75-100 or so, and the $250 tickets will be going for $125-150 at best. If season ticket holders only bought tickets to scalp and don't plan on going, it can turn into a real disaster. Should be interesting.

Now, add in a chance for 50,000 Bills season ticket holders to buy tickets. They are up. Here's another chance for roughly another huge allotment of tickets to be sold for the Bills game in Toronto. Each account holder can buy up to 8 seats in the smallest stadium capacity in the league.

Long live the CFL.

You make it sound like every account holder could buy 8 tickets to the Toronto games but this is simply not true. Here is an exact quote from the email that I received from the Bills, "You will be able to purchase the same number of tickets you hold for the Bills - up to a maximum of eight per game.". So if you have 2 seats on your account you can get 2 seats for Toronto. If you own 10 seats on your account you can only get 8 seats to Toronto. There weren't 50,000 season ticket holders when the package when on sale either, it was roughly 48,000. So taking all of that into account there were approximately 48,000 or less tickets available to be purhcased by Bills season ticket holders. Take into account that most of those season ticket holders can barely afford these seats, and the high costs of the Toronto games, and the hassel of driving to Toronto and back, it makes your argument not as strong. I do however agree that it does seem like it was a little overhyped, but you may have exaggerated the severity of it to make your point.

Thanks.

What's is going to happen when the Bills are fighting for the last spot in the playoffs and the Miami game is the break it or make it game?

We have 3 more games this season after that game...including a home game...how on Earth would the Miami game be a make-it-or-break-it game?

I was thinking about that too. I got a chance to get the tickets thru my season ticket account and my email was also on the random lottery too. I got that email a couple days ago to buy them this Tuesday. rofl Everyone that I talked to who has put their name on the list has pretty much had a chance to buy the tickets now. All 180,000 of them. :(

I was thinking about that too. I got a chance to get the tickets thru my season ticket account and my email was also on the random lottery too. I got that email a couple days ago to buy them this Tuesday. rofl Everyone that I talked to who has put their name on the list has pretty much had a chance to buy the tickets now. All 180,000 of them. :(

Exactly. The two guys next to my seats in RWS also joined the BillsinToronto lottery and they were also chosen. The hype is mostly made up. This isn't hard to see.

Exactly. The two guys next to my seats in RWS also joined the BillsinToronto lottery and they were also chosen. The hype is mostly made up. This isn't hard to see.

Maybe we should ask if anyone DIDN'T get chosen for the "lottery." That list might be shorter.

Maybe we should ask if anyone DIDN'T get chosen for the "lottery." That list might be shorter.

MY friend at work just got an email this morning stating on Wednesday that he could use his password to get tickets. The thing is he is not an argo season ticket holder or a buffalo bill season ticket holder. He just signed up. Something stinks here.

You make it sound like every account holder could buy 8 tickets to the Toronto games but this is simply not true. Here is an exact quote from the email that I received from the Bills, "You will be able to purchase the same number of tickets you hold for the Bills - up to a maximum of eight per game.". So if you have 2 seats on your account you can get 2 seats for Toronto. If you own 10 seats on your account you can only get 8 seats to Toronto. There weren't 50,000 season ticket holders when the package when on sale either, it was roughly 48,000. So taking all of that into account there were approximately 48,000 or less tickets available to be purhcased by Bills season ticket holders. Take into account that most of those season ticket holders can barely afford these seats, and the high costs of the Toronto games, and the hassel of driving to Toronto and back, it makes your argument not as strong. I do however agree that it does seem like it was a little overhyped, but you may have exaggerated the severity of it to make your point.

Thanks.

That is a pretty ignorant statement pal. How do you know people could barely afford bills season tickets?

By the end of the week, my prediction is that EVERYONE who put their name on the list at the BillsInToronto website will have gotten a chance to buy tickets to the Toronto games, plus of course all the Buffalo Bills season ticket holders and the Toronto Argos season ticket holders. I'm betting they will have a few thousand to sell to anybody else at the box office who wants the high priced ones.

OK - here's the deal. Season ticket holders got first dibs, and hardly bought any tickets - neither wanted to pay the outrageously high prices. Then the lottery kicked in. I signed up under 3 or 4 email addresses before I knew the costs, as I was hoping to buy a bunch then sell a few to help pay for my tickets. So much for that idea - at those prices, anyone buying to try and resell will end up losing money bigtime.

The lottery is now in it's third stage - I've had one of my email addresses selected in each stage, and they send you a password that is good for a week. Any of the cheap seats that made it past the season ticket holders did not last long, and are now all gone, and the expensive seats are obviously not selling too fast. The lottery is hype, and I'm sure that they will go through all of the lottery email addresses without selling out. They made a big fuss over how many email addresses they had, but notice we haven't heard a peep about the number of ticket sales since. Which can only mean that sales have been disappointing.

So, the fact that you have 200,000 or so football fans (Bills and Argos season ticket holders and lottery email entrants) able to buy up to 8 tickets each, yet they can't sell out a very small stadium, tells me they seriously overestimated the demand and overpriced the tickets.

How dare they hype up a football game to sell tickets, that's just bad business. This game WILL sell out and that's all that matters to them, end of story. I don't care if there are 10 people in the stands as long as we kick their F :( in azzes!

GO BILLS!