Another pastor disaster for Obama

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea "The Right" and I were synonymous. That's an interesting stretch. I'm amazed how much you know about what I thought the three years prior to you ever reading one of my posts, though.

I would also say there's a pretty big difference between Republicans and Conservatives these days. The former are the ones who've been in power.

Five years, in a row, out of five? To me, that looks like a trend. Considering the fact that the last five came after the worst of the decisions, I'm thinking that my surmise was fairly accurate. :( Unless, of course, you were leaning left, supported and voted for John Kerry, were disgruntled that Bush won the Presidency, saw what he did in Iraq and just when it all went to crap, jumped ship to the conservatives and have been on board since then.

Five years, in a row, out of five? To me, that looks like a trend. Considering the fact that the last five came after the worst of the decisions, I'm thinking that my surmise was fairly accurate. :( Unless, of course, you were leaning left, supported and voted for John Kerry, were disgruntled that Bush won the Presidency, saw what he did in Iraq and just when it all went to crap, jumped ship to the conservatives and have been on board since then.

I hate to break this to you, but eight years ago I was 19 and more interested in the Deftones than I was in the Republicans, Democrats, or any political party. You're right that I've never "leaned left" but I've also never leaned enough in any direction to join a political party. So your assertion that I've been wrong personally on foreign policy for eight years because Republicans have been in the White House for eight years is really a stretch. You're judging me using a political party that I've never belonged to and don't even like.

George W. Bush has one of the most stressful jobs in the world and that's before you consider the consistant public speaking that's required.

I agree, having to follow Dick Cheney's orders under pressure of getting a face full of buckshot, and then trying to sell his baloney to the public has to be very stressful.

nice spin...

too bad the issue is how McCain and Obama are burned out from campaigning and will undoubtedly make mistakes in speeches from now till November, not how stressful the job of POTUS is

No, the point is that both stress and (I guess) campaigning will make you make mistakes in speeches. But people on forgive candidates or politicians using this logic only if they want to (i.e. if it's a candidate or politician they like, as opposed to one they hate).

Did you skip too many of your logics and statistics classes? Don't go Pasta Joe on me. :wallbash:

He's not going Pasta Joe, he's going Holcombs arm

Judging 8 years offf 5 years of posts is applying Holcombian Stats as it's approaching 3.5 :(

He's not going Pasta Joe, he's going Holcombs arm

Judging 8 years offf 5 years of posts is applying Holcombian Stats as it's approaching 3.5 :(

Just wanted to interject and point out that Holcomb's Arm should be proud. It's not everyone that gets an entire branch of mathematics - even manifestly incorrect and false ones - named after him.

Just wanted to interject and point out that Holcomb's Arm should be proud. It's not everyone that gets an entire branch of mathematics - even manifestly incorrect and false ones - named after him.

Well, to be fair to Holcomb's Arm, he did name himself after a person that didn't have one.

Did you skip too many of your logics and statistics classes? Don't go Pasta Joe on me. :rolleyes:

If you're going to go Molson on me, I have no recourse but to go PastaJoe on you.

BTW, how dare you judge me based on those posts? What about the other 99% of the stuff I've said that you never heard? :thumbsup:

If you're going to go Molson on me, I have no recourse but to go PastaJoe on you.

BTW, how dare you judge me based on those posts? What about the other 99% of the stuff I've said that you never heard? :thumbsup:

Did you just buy yourself a new entrenching tool? That's a terrible analogy. In the Rev case, we have 20 years of evidence of the 99%. We have the 99% of the rest of the sermons that werent the lunatic intolerable stuff. With you, we ONLY have the misguided stuff. There is no record here of anything other than the misguided stuff.

You shouldn't feel bad about always being wrong about foreign policy though. Even if the best case you have made so far is that, yes, you have been wrong about everything for five straight years but I have no actual documentation on the previous three. Mandy Moore and Princess Leah, you know, real women, don't care about that, they appreciate consistency.

Those are fighting words! I can't believe you guys are cussing at each other like that! That escalated quickly!

BTW- Is Molten banned or are we just enjoying a vacation from his jibberish?

Did you just buy yourself a new entrenching tool? That's a terrible analogy. In the Rev case, we have 20 years of evidence of the 99%. We have the 99% of the rest of the sermons that werent the lunatic intolerable stuff. With you, we ONLY have the misguided stuff. There is no record here of anything other than the misguided stuff.

You shouldn't feel bad about always being wrong about foreign policy though. Even if the best case you have made so far is that, yes, you have been wrong about everything for five straight years but I have no actual documentation on the previous three.

I never actually conceded that I was wrong for five straight years. I'm still busy trying to figure out where you got the number eight from (actually, that's not true, I know you got it by playing Molson's "You RepuliKKKans are all alike!" card.)

So far all you have is "I know you suck at foreign policy because you're a conservative and the Republicans have done a bad job for eight years." The Republicans, of course, being the political party that I don't belong to and don't like. And now you're going back to Rev. Wright's mythical "99%" sane statements. You realize even Obama is done with the guy right?

And I'm pretty sure Princess Leia appreciates the fact that I can at least spell her name. Mandy no doubt appreciates the countless letters and cards I've sent along over the years.

:rolleyes:

Naw, theres nothing wrong with it. It simply goes against the exact things Obama claims to stand for, and reinforces racist views.

You burned me on this one BlueFire... I must of got caught up in those racist views.

I still think it is very much an acceptable on-way street here.