Evaluating the Bills

Adam

Ok, give me who you think the Bills five best players are, regardless of position and where you think those players rate in the league

In n particular order:

Marshawn Lynch - top 15

Lee Evans - top 20

Jason Peters - top 15

Moorman - top 3

I'm struggling with the 5th off of the top of my head.

I'll go out on a limb and say Stroud - top 20

I am going

Jason Peters- Top 5 (at least) Left tackle

Rian Lindell- Top 5 kicker

Brian Moorman- top 5 punter

Marshawn Lynch- top 10 RB (at least)

Lee Evans- top 15 WR

OK, now here is my problem. Two of our top guys are the kicker/punter, and only one is on defense. If you play the field position game, you need a dominant defense. We have one offensive and one defensive lineman listed, which does not make for strong lines. We have one WR, and no help for him. Lynch is an absolute stud, but he has had to elude defenders in the backfield on a regular basis. JP has shown an incredible penchant for the dramatic in the 4th quarter, but has too many failures because we started a project QB after less than a year of experience. Now we are making the same mistake with another promising QB.

Jauron has been here two years- he and Levy has made a lot out of this mish mosh of a mess that he has inherited.

OK, now here is my problem. Two of our top guys are the kicker/punter, and only one is on defense. If you play the field position game, you need a dominant defense.

All depends on your POV. I have 3 defenders listed in my top 5, and then my 2 honourable mentions are on defense. Not that I have any idea what our criteria is. I just kind of went on the "If I had to protect 5 guys in an expansion draft" mentality

Jason Peters - Top 3

Marshawn Lynch - Top 5

Aaron Schobel - Top 10

Lee Evans - Top 15

Brian Moorman - Top 3

POZ by the end of the year I see being 3rd on this list. People want to undercut him because he only played 3 games, but he was being blocked by 2 blockers and still making most of the tackles in those games. I could tell teams were game planning him. I love what I have seen from the guy. Can't wait for a HUGE year. GO BILLS!!!

:rolleyes: POZ

Jason Peters - Top 3

Marshawn Lynch - Top 5

Aaron Schobel - Top 10

Lee Evans - Top 15

Brian Moore - Top 3

POZ by the end of the year I see being 3rd on this list. People want to undercut him because he only played 3 games, but he was being blocked by 2 blockers and still making most of the tackles in those games. I could tell teams were game planning him. I love what I have seen from the guy. Can't wait for a HUGE year. GO BILLS!!!

:lol: POZ

yeah I heard that Brian Moore guy is pretty nasty :rolleyes:

All depends on your POV. I have 3 defenders listed in my top 5, and then my 2 honourable mentions are on defense. Not that I have any idea what our criteria is. I just kind of went on the "If I had to protect 5 guys in an expansion draft" mentality

You had one DL, one LB, and one DB, which doesn't make any of those overall units too solid. My point is that the Bills don't have any standout units on their team- they really need to start focusing on something.

Changing the Post a bit.. 5 Players that need to make the biggest impact I would say are

1. Edwards - Now he has 2 quality receivers and Reed in his proper spot in the slot. Let's see how he uses them.

2. Stroud - Practically a God sent. Blow up the middle.

3. POZ - May he stay health and become Defenive player of the year.

4. Evans - You have a 6ft 6in number two. Put up or earn the title of overrated.

5. Lynch - Beast Mode year 2.

Go Bills

Changing the Post a bit.. 5 Players that need to make the biggest impact I would say are

1. Edwards - Now he has 2 quality receivers and Reed in his proper spot in the slot. Let's see how he uses them.

2. Stroud - Practically a God sent. Blow up the middle.

3. POZ - May he stay health and become Defenive player of the year.

4. Evans - You have a 6ft 6in number two. Put up or earn the title of overrated.

5. Lynch - Beast Mode year 2.

Go Bills

Edwards has a handful of games and is counting on a rookie WR? I hope he can match last year's success and continue developing. Stroud was a very good DT- I hope he still is. Ppoz will turn into a studd, but I doubt this year. I hope Lynch doesn't have to evade unblocked defenders as much as last year

The five best Bills :

1. Lee Evans

2. Marshawn Lynch

3. Derrick Dockery

4. Jason Peters

5. Donte Whitner

The anchors that are keeping us down (Dead weight).

1. Melvin Fowler

2. Langston Walker

3. Robert Royal

4. Pass Rush---- if Stroud and McCargo stay healthy we'll see if the high motor guys can put Brady, et al on their arse or if we need to clean house at DE.