Television warranty question

I own a 26" Sony Bravia LCD HD television that was purchased in December 2007 from Best Buy. It has developed a dark vertical line going down the portion of the screen that only can be seen in widescreen mode. The line exists regardless of what video input I use. The television is still under the one year Sony warranty. I have two options:

Option 1: Redeem the warranty by having Sony send me a refurbished replacement no questions asked. I ship them my TV at their cost.

Pros: I have continuous access to a television, I don't have to wait for mine to be repaired.

Cons: I have to get a refurb.

Option 2: Call up a certified Sony repairman and set up an appointment to have him come to my house. In this case, all bets are off.

Pros: According to Best Buy customer service, if the problem is deemed too expensive to repair, I COULD get a brand new replacement from Best Buy.

Cons: I have to deal with the hassle of having a TV repairman come to my house. I would be without a TV for who knows how long.

According to my research, both of these options would be at no cost to me. Has anyone ever dealt with either of these two options? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I own a 26" Sony Bravia LCD HD television that was purchased in December 2007 from Best Buy. It has developed a dark vertical line going down the portion of the screen that only can be seen in widescreen mode. The line exists regardless of what video input I use. The television is still under the one year Sony warranty. I have two options:

Option 1: Redeem the warranty by having Sony send me a refurbished replacement no questions asked. I ship them my TV at their cost.

Pros: I have continuous access to a television, I don't have to wait for mine to be repaired.

Cons: I have to get a refurb.

Option 2: Call up a certified Sony repairman and set up an appointment to have him come to my house. In this case, all bets are off.

Pros: According to Best Buy customer service, if the problem is deemed too expensive to repair, I COULD get a brand new replacement from Best Buy.

Cons: I have to deal with the hassle of having a TV repairman come to my house. I would be without a TV for who knows how long.

According to my research, both of these options would be at no cost to me. Has anyone ever dealt with either of these two options? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Look at it this way:

Your girlfriend leaves you. You now have to find a new chick.

You meet a two hot girls; equally hot. One has herpes. One has a really bad yeast infection.

I can give you some herpes meds for the herpes girl. I "fixed" her, but she still has that herpes floating around inside... forever. Never know when that next herpe is going to show up.

OR, I can give you the the girl with the really bad yeast infection that some dude dumped because she stunk to high hell. I give her some medicine, yeast infection gone, and she's good as new. She had a problem earlier, but problem is gone. Is there a chance she might at one point have another yeast infection? Of course. But likely, she won't.

In case you haven't figured this out, herpes = getting your TV "fixed". Yeast infection = getting a refurb.

Get the refurb.

Look at it this way:

You meet a two hot girls; equally hot. One has herpes. One has a really bad yeast infection.

I can give you some herpes meds for the herpes girl. I "fixed" her, but she still has that herpes floating around inside... forever. Never know when that next herpe is going to show up.

OR, I can give you the the girl with the really bad yeast infection that some dude dumped because she stunk to high hell. I give her some medicine, yeast infection gone, and she's good as new. She had a problem earlier, but problem is gone. Is there a chance she might at one point have another yeast infection? Of course. But likely, she won't.

In case you haven't figured this out, herpes = getting your TV "fixed". Yeast infection = getting a refurb.

Get the refurb.

:rolleyes:

You seriously need some professional help!

:rolleyes:<_<

Look at it this way:

Get the refurb.

:rolleyes: Wow...lol

I just had a repair guy come out to my house for the dreaded "green blob" issue with my Sony SXRD. It was fully covered and the guy did a great job. He showed up when he said he would and was very professional. I didn't have the option of a refurb, but see no reason to deal with shipping the TV if Sony will send someone to fix it for free.

Look at it this way:

Get the refurb.

I give your pending marriage 3 years...tops.

And if IIRC, you haven't reported back on the diamond purchase. :oops: