54 members have voted

1. 1. Who starts?

• McGee
    • Greer

Pick 'em

I need to know what I stand to win first. :D

But since you demand it...

DB? Well, after one season...

Seemed like Greer was tested by QBs early on and responded with a number of really memorable plays. I guess I think of McGee as the more consistent at the position.

Although I like him a lot, I need to see more out of Jabari Greer. I honestly think he is better suited for a nickel position.

Then again...I also think the same about Terrence McGee.

Leodis McKelvin will be the best Cornerback we have had come in here since Antoine Winfield.

Anybody agree with me that Winfield was BETTER than Clements?

McGhee is a press corner who is uncomfortable playing zone in the cover-2.

He is much better at man coverage -which makes him a better fit for coverage on the slot WR.

Greer has better instincts in zone than McGhee.

It is yet to be seen if Leodis can adapt to the zone scheme - even though he may have the best man cover skills.

Absolutely. :D

Winfield was one of my favorite players, pretty good cover corner, but he would absolutely destroy receivers after the catch, and he could come up and help in the run game too. Great all around defensive back

By the time it all shakes out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a true ranking of Bills' CBs as follows:

1 -- McKelvin

2 -- James

3 -- Corner

4 -- McGee

5 -- Greer

So, my vote in the poll went to McGee.

Who's better? Greer.

Who's probably going to start because of politics? McGee.

You asked 2 different questions so I answered both.

McGee is way better than Greer. Everyone has the warm & fuzzies because Greer came in a played well last year. He's not that good. He played above and beyond but has proven (and will continue to prove) that he is a backup-quality corner. That's not a diss on him, I think he's decent and that he filled in admirably, I just don't believe in him as a starter. McGee on the other hand is one of those guys who people hate because he takes chances sometimes. Most of the time, he's a solid yet unspectacular corner who plays well all the time.

Overall Quality:

#1 McGee

#2 McKelvin (projecting obviously)

#3 James

#4 Greer

#5 Youboty

#6 Corner (although I envision him as our starting nickel corner)

I think McGee has the benefit of experience, but Greer has more potential. For the world-class athlete McGee is, I think we have seen his ceiling as far as cover skills. He's average, maybe a little better. Greer made his mistakes, but I feel more comfortable with him on a team's #1 WR than I do McGee. And if it's coming down to one play, I definitely want Greer there. I'm hoping he takes a step forward after a year of real experience.

And I'm really hoping McKelvin blows them both out.

McGee is better than greer. i like greer, he's a nice little CB, very well suited for a nickel role, and can come in and definitely hold his own for a few games in case of injury. But over the course of the season? i'll take McGee anyday of the week. Before too long, McKelvin and McGee should be our starters, with greer/james battling it out for the nickel spot.

This is actually a tricky question. If the question was "Who's more suited to cover outside receivers as opposed to in the slot" I'd say Mcgee. Greer is more suited to covering the slot receiver. He plays generally a bit more physical then mcgee, while not being as good of a tackler. He does use his hands better. He's tailor made to play inside against the wes welkers of the league. Mcgee, gives up a little more ground, and lets up an innordinate amount of catches in front of him, allowing easy 3rd and short situations, or 1st down conversions. To Mcgee's credit he's gotten better at not being beat deep, and his anticipation breaking up passes has improved. He lacks the physical aspect of the game to not get beat on quick slants, and hitches against larger, more physical wideouts who can simply swat him around. Neither is an upper echelon corner, but both have their place. All around I'd say Greer is the better cover man, with mcgee showing a better knack for making plays.

What leads anyone to believe McGee is the better cb than Greer? Can anyone picture one good, ballhawking moment McGee has ever had??

So many people are reliant on names over actually watching them play...

Intercepting Pennington with under a minute to play and the Jets driving, down 17-14.

Picking Carson Palmer and returning it for a touchdown to become the only player in NFL history to have a KO return and INT returned for touchdowns in the same game. This was in 2005.

I don't know why some people seem to dislike McGee. He almost never gives up a big play, and occaisionally makes one.