Winslow not showing up for Cleveland's camp / not communicating

Moss and Dillon are saints? Why are you canonizing those punks? Pure hyperbole on your part

I disagree with your characterization of Corey Dillon as a punk.

He was certainly a jerk. A garden-variety jerk. He was a fierce competitor, who chirped about a podunk, moribund organization, with an owner/GM that tried every trick in the book to blame and then can his coaching hires at no cost to him.

Dillon champed at the bit to get the pads back on whenever he was injured. He was terrific on field - he would hit tacklers face-on and pop them into the cheap seats, knew how to follow down-field blocking, was an accomplished pass blocker, and always came back into a play to be in position to snare a pass for a QB under heat.

He also had remarkable open-field speed. He didn't pile up all his yards because he was some whiny punk. Dillon was all business for 60 minutes, every game.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browns fan here just browsing your boards and saw this post...But I'm sorry theres no way your getting Winslow after his Pro Bowl year. He's been a great team player ever since his motorcycle incident, it really brought him back down to earth. People are just making to big of a deal about this. Look here http://cle.scout.com/2/756434.html it says hes coming to mini camp and is training in San Diego after some minor knee surgery.

He was certainly a jerk. A garden-variety jerk. He was a fierce competitor, who chirped about a podunk, moribund organization, with an owner/GM that tried every trick in the book to blame and then can his coaching hires at no cost to him.

Dillon champed at the bit to get the pads back on whenever he was injured. He was terrific on field - he would hit tacklers face-on and pop them into the cheap seats, knew how to follow down-field blocking, was an accomplished pass blocker, and always came back into a play to be in position to snare a pass for a QB under heat.

He also had remarkable open-field speed. He didn't pile up all his yards because he was some whiny punk. Dillon was all business for 60 minutes, every game.

I have been a draftnik for 30 years and remember Dillons character issues when he was drafted. We needed a RB in 1997 and chose Antwain Smith over Dillon, mostly because Smith was a more solid citizen. Dillon had a huge rap sheet that would garner a whole lot more press in todays scrutinized draft. Dillon's baggage entering the NFL was some of the worst I have ever seen from any NFL player. I am going from memory and having a hard time pulling up his draft info. Any matter he has a domestic assault since. And he definitely should not be canonized, as the initial post suggested

Browns fan here just browsing your boards and saw this post...But I'm sorry theres no way your getting Winslow after his Pro Bowl year. He's been a great team player ever since his motorcycle incident, it really brought him back down to earth. People are just making to big of a deal about this. Look here http://cle.scout.com/2/756434.html it says hes coming to mini camp and is training in San Diego after some minor knee surgery.

And there is NO WAY you are getting Gibran Hamdan either! :D

How ya like that? :lol:

I sure hope Derek Anderson can get lucky again this year, or Brady Quinn is better than Tim Couch! :wallbash:

And you believe Rosenhaus because ...... ?

winslow and his agent rosenhaus made it clear they want a new contract before he reports. not only has he not shown to browns camp but he hasn't contacted the team either. methinks there's a good chance he won't be a brown next year because he will ask for an amount that would make it impossible to utilize rucker much. i think rucker is very talented and this will come thru in brown's offseason, making winslow and his demands expendable. menthinks that's why browns drafted a TE so high ... as a hedge against Winslow sitting.

Obvious question for Bills: since they didn't really address badly needed TE in offseason, do they make a play for Winslow? The guy is coming off a great year and he has cold weather experience.

If the price is right Bills have to strongly consider.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

I really don't like Winslow, he was injured and played only 1 full year on his contract. This guy is always going to have issues.

And there is NO WAY you are getting Gibran Hamdan either! :lol:

How ya like that? :lol:

I sure hope Derek Anderson can get lucky again this year, or Brady Quinn is better than Tim Couch! :wub:

Jeez you guys are nice...I was just making a point about you guys not getting a Pro Bowler cheap. I actually like the Bills for their blue collar city attitude. So let me ask you, why do you have to dog on our QBs son? For the first time in a while we both have good teams...and who do you think I want to win AFC East? The Patriots? Please...I'm on your side to an extent.

P.S. Who the Phuck is Hamden?

Jeez you guys are nice...I was just making a point about you guys not getting a Pro Bowler cheap. I actually like the Bills for their blue collar city attitude. So let me ask you, why do you have to dog on our QBs son? For the first time in a while we both have good teams...and who do you think I want to win AFC East? The Patriots? Please...I'm on your side to an extent.

Fair enough, but do you really think Browns viewed Winslow as a driver of last season's offense or a benefactor of it?

I have a sense they think they can do just as good if not better with another TE, and that's why they used a high pick on Rucker. If Rucker gets off to a strong start in camp, Browns will play hard ball w/ Winslow on the contract and he could very well end up somewhere else.

I have been a draftnik for 30 years and remember Dillons character issues when he was drafted. We needed a RB in 1997 and chose Antwain Smith over Dillon, mostly because Smith was a more solid citizen. Dillon had a huge rap sheet that would garner a whole lot more press in todays scrutinized draft. Dillon's baggage entering the NFL was some of the worst I have ever seen from any NFL player. I am going from memory and having a hard time pulling up his draft info. Any matter he has a domestic assault since. And he definitely should not be canonized, as the initial post suggested

He was sort of a Randy Moss character in that draft. He had made some big mistakes as a teenager but his NFL career was much more productive than, say, Antowain Smith; and, he was never in the same league as the "Chris Henry one man crime wave" or "#85 temper tantrums". He did have a falling out in Cincinnati, not unlike when Ruben Brown blew a gasket to end his career here in Buffalo. Frankly, I think the Bills blew it when they took Smith over Dillon. Smith turned out to be a lazy underachiever and a vastly less versatile RB than the Bills thought they were drafting.

So do you think the Bills should or shouldn't pick him up? :wub:

I can't believe nobody has mentioned taking Rucker. Why don't we work out a trade with Cleveland for him? Next year's #2 (pick # 64) should do the trick. The Browns have a happy lockerroom and the Bills have added depth, explosiveness and ST ability. :lol:

He was sort of a Randy Moss character in that draft. He had made some big mistakes as a teenager but his NFL career was much more productive than, say, Antowain Smith; and, he was never in the same league as the "Chris Henry one man crime wave" or "#85 temper tantrums". He did have a falling out in Cincinnati, not unlike when Ruben Brown blew a gasket to end his career here in Buffalo. Frankly, I think the Bills blew it when they took Smith over Dillon. Smith turned out to be a lazy underachiever and a vastly less versatile RB than the Bills thought they were drafting.

So wait, you think the Bills should have taken Dillion over Smith? Wow, that's some groundbreaking stuff. :lol:

Fair enough, but do you really think Browns viewed Winslow as a driver of last season's offense or a benefactor of it?

I have a sense they think they can do just as good if not better with another TE, and that's why they used a high pick on Rucker. If Rucker gets off to a strong start in camp, Browns will play hard ball w/ Winslow on the contract and he could very well end up somewhere else.

I think he was, teams had to respect him and his ability. And if Ruckers does well in camp I still don't see us dealing Winslow this year unless it's a no brainier trade. Our offensive coordinator is supposedly a big fan of 2 TE sets. Not only that but our backup TE Heiden just underwent back surgery.

Sorry for double post....But hypothetically speaking. What would you offer for Winslow? Be realistic though. Browns right now are really struggling with our CB situation and our defense isn't set like our offense. So thats what we're probably looking for along with picks.

Winslow's not going anywhere. He just wants to get paid big money before his next catastrophic injury.

:wub:

I would agree with Cincy but do you remember the knock on Dillon coming out? BTW, Antwoine Smith is one of the highest character guys, on and off the field that the Bills have ever had.

P.S. Who the Phuck is Hamden?

You sir are a Philistine!! How dare you not know who Mr. Hamdan is!! Make sure you spell it right next time!! It's H-A-M-A-N-D-A-N!!

This sir is Gibran Hamdan!!

You must be a punkass biotch to not be familiar with Mr. Hamdan!! :lol:

:wub:

I would agree with Cincy but do you remember the knock on Dillon coming out? BTW, Antwoine Smith is one of the highest character guys, on and off the field that the Bills have ever had.

You sir are a Philistine!! How dare you not know who Mr. Hamdan is!! Make sure you spell it right next time!! It's H-A-M-A-N-D-A-N!!

This sir is Gibran Hamdan!!

You must be a punkass biotch to not be familiar with Mr. Hamdan!! :lol:

Oh sh-- I'm sorry, I misread it as Hamden not Hamdan. If I would have known it was Hamdan and not Hamden it would have be totally different. Because Hamdan is the definition of a Franchise player. So I'll give you Winslow and Braylon Edwards and 2 1st round picks.