Mike Schoop...

buffm

That's still better than listening to Howard Simon and Dennis Williams for 4 hours.

The only reason WGR morning drive has become a joke is because of Jeremy "I'd rather try to be funny(with try being the key word) or talk about other things than sports" White. Not to mention that White is an air-time hog. It is the HOWARD SIMON SHOW, not the Howard and Jeremy show or the Jeremy White show. :lol:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand the hatin' on Howard.

I can understand why people don't like Schoop. He seems to despise the Bills and can be quite rude to callers that simply disagree with him.

I can understand why people don't like Schoop. He seems to despise the Bills and can be quite rude to callers that simply disagree with him.

Howard is like dry white toast....

Howard apparently doesn't feel the need to be confrontational, so that makes him "boring" to some people. As for me, I'm all in favor of the approach, and I'm glad he's still in the Buffalo market.

The drive time programming on WGR is an abomination. It's like that Saturday Night Live sketch with the women on NPR (with the infamous Pete Schweaty).....

Schoop: I like chicken wings

Bulldog: Yeah, great, good times, I think Duff's are the best

Schoop: What are you Stupid? Buffalo Wild Wing's are CLEARLY the better choice here (NOTE: He doesn't know anything about anything!!)

Bulldog: Hmm, well yeah, maybe.... Did you see 27 Dresses? I thought it was interesting

Schoop: Let's have some callers chime in on that ...

WORST SPORTS EVER!!

My mother and I could host a better sports show than that!

The drive time programming on WGR is an abomination. It's like that Saturday Night Live sketch with the women on NPR (with the infamous Pete Schweaty).....

Schoop: I like chicken wings

Bulldog: Yeah, great, good times, I think Duff's are the best

Schoop: What are you Stupid? Buffalo Wild Wing's are CLEARLY the better choice here (NOTE: He doesn't know anything about anything!!)

Bulldog: Hmm, well yeah, maybe.... Did you see 27 Dresses? I thought it was interesting

Schoop: Let's have some callers chime in on that ...

WORST SPORTS EVER!!

My mother and I could host a better sports show than that!

Well it is May in Buffalo with no hockey playoffs. How many hours can you spend talking about who is going to be returning kicks next year?

I don't even listen to sports radio shows I like during the summer (eg Mike & Dog) because I don't like baseball. Can't imagine why you guys listen to shows you don't like.

Well it is May in Buffalo with no hockey playoffs. How many hours can you spend talking about who is going to be returning kicks next year?

I don't even listen to sports radio shows I like during the summer (eg Mike & Dog) because I don't like baseball. Can't imagine why you guys listen to shows you don't like.

"But...but...if we don't listen to WGR (thereby giving it the lofty ratings that keep it going), what could we possibly complain about all sumer?" -- Everyone on this board

"But...but...if we don't listen to WGR (thereby giving it the lofty ratings that keep it going), what could we possibly complain about all sumer?" -- Everyone on this board

"Everyone"? Easy there.

That said, I caught a little bit of Howard's show last week ... and when they didn't have enough calls to fill out a "Whiner Line" segment, I couldn't help thinking to myself, "That's because they're all here instead."

Unfortunatly that is how that show is even during hockey season! I need to get satellite because I spend alot of time in my car. I don;t really "listen" top this show anyway, I like to stop on it for about 10 minutes while flipping through - and I always hear something innane like that. (Even in November when the Bills and Sabres are in full force).

A little birdy told me that a solution for Bills fans is in the works. Citadel Broadcasting who owns 97 Rock and 103.3 the Edge is in talks in flipping the 104.1 station to an all Bills talk station. Finally a reason to NEVER turn on WGR!

I used to really not be able to stand Schoop, but I actually think that he's changed in the last 6 months or so. He doesn't seem as negative about the Bills and he doesn't cheerlead for the Sabres, either...........He can be pretty criticial of them.

I guess I'm the only one here, but I find the show pretty entertaining most of the time. I like the "Ten opinions", "the movie game" and that kind of stuff. "Greg Buck" is usually a pretty hilarious skit.

I used to really not be able to stand Schoop, but I actually think that he's changed in the last 6 months or so. He doesn't seem as negative about the Bills and he doesn't cheerlead for the Sabres, either...........He can be pretty criticial of them.

I guess I'm the only one here, but I find the show pretty entertaining most of the time. I like the "Ten opinions", "the movie game" and that kind of stuff. "Greg Buck" is usually a pretty hilarious skit.

im with you...I like the show...

im with you...I like the show...

I do to. I can't stand the thought of listening to 4 straight hours of sports talk at this time of year. I like the mix of non sports talk. We however are not allowed to express our happiness too loudly or the WGR Sucks police will hunt us down. :oops:

I do to. I can't stand the thought of listening to 4 straight hours of sports talk at this time of year. I like the mix of non sports talk. We however are not allowed to express our happiness too loudly or the WGR Sucks police will hunt us down. :oops:

You should get together with the other parents and have a parade.

WHTT can't do much worse with their ratings. Ever sense they switched from Oldies to Mix 104.1 the ratings have dropped almost every book. Citadel is going to flip the station....and a positive media outlet for the Buffalo Bills is sorely needed.

WHTT can't do much worse with their ratings. Ever sense they switched from Oldies to Mix 104.1 the ratings have dropped almost every book. Citadel is going to flip the station....and a positive media outlet for the Buffalo Bills is sorely needed.

Your little birdie has no idea what he's talking about. Don't get your hopes up. This isn't happening.

It would actually make it three sports stations of sorts.........I've been listening to Brad Riter on WECK and really enjoy his show, like I did when he was at GR...........They just added UB football and basketball, so that is a nice shot for them as far as sports go.