Amazing

I always knew Oregon was full of loonies, this confirms it.

An estimated 75,000 for one rally? WOW, truly amazing... does anyone here know of any other candidate in history that has had such a turnout

Nuremberg 1936? :ph34r:

The campaign, citing figures from Duane Bray, battalion chief of Portland Fire & Rescue, estimated that 75,000 people are watching him speak.

I guess when you've got nothing new to say they watch you speak instead of listen to you speak.

As much as most Americans hate the liberal democratic agenda of bigger government, higher taxes, more social programs, etc. they are more disgusted with the republican hangover of the last 7 odd years. You can blame the congress for some of this, but how could any majority be effective when you have the other party planting IEDs alongside almost every piece of legislation you propose in the name of White House loyalty?

If McCain was smarter, he would have distanced himself from the failed Bush policies, but unfortunately, with few exceptions, it's the same agenda. There's just no way in hell Americans will elect the next president who will keep the current mission in Iraq, refuse to negotiate with our enemies, and who will continue to give huge tax breaks to the richest citizens and corporations.

I just have this feeling that even though the polls might be close now, just wait a few months and see how Obama wins the election by more than 10%.