According to HBO's Real Sports...

MattM

...on a number of points in his story, saying it was all true, including that (a) it worked 75% of the time and (b) that it gave the Pats O a great advantage. They didn't name who it was other than an "offensive star" with the team, who played at that time. My guess may be our very own former "star" Antowain Smith, but that's just me. What you talkin' bout, Willis (990)? This ain't going away any time soon.....

One thing this does help you realize is why all of the garbage WR in New England were able to thrive with Brady. WR's who have become nothing with other teams such as Deion Branch, David Givens, and David Patten. All of these players were solid at the least when with the Patriots, but garbage everywhere else. Now we understand why the Patriots just let everybody leave all of the time. If you know what the defense is going to run, it doesn't really matter who you have except on the OL.

It's been interesting to just watch this all unravel. The conspriacy theorists are in full force backing a full congressional investigation and Patriots fans are reeling to substantiate their tainted championships. It's just interesting to sit back and watch it all. Ran across an intersting conspiracy website - www.tinfoilonmyhead.com. Pretty funny.

This whole thing has turned into a total joke, the commish and the NFL destroying evidence to hide something, Walsh doesn't really seem to be totally honest in what he says, and the league wants to bury this, but its totally ridiculous a team could get away with this for that long and then walk away with a slap on the wrist

...on a number of points in his story, saying it was all true, including that (a) it worked 75% of the time and (b) that it gave the Pats O a great advantage. They didn't name who it was other than an "offensive star" with the team, who played at that time. My guess may be our very own former "star" Antowain Smith, but that's just me. What you talkin' bout, Willis (990)? This ain't going away any time soon.....

I just watched it. I recorded it. It appears Kraft had no knowledge of this going on. Also, Bellicose gave him and his wife a Christmas present one year. He was in three team pictures and when asked if he thought Bellicose was forgetful and he really couldn't pick him out of a lineup or if Bellicose was just trying to distance himself from Walsh he said he thought Bellicose had a great memory.

The first time he was asked to tape was against the Bucs in pre-season and the Pets* played them in the regular season later and won. Charlie Weis was in on this too. They would relay the information to Bledsoe. One former Pets* offensive player told them what Walsh was saying was completely true. He gave the tapes to Ernie Adams and even asked him if the tapes were acceptable and if there was something more he should be doing. They would have to ask a home team for a third camera on game days, which was unusual, they would tell the opposing teams they wanted closeups of the snap to the kicker and the kick as one excuse.

When asked if he was fired for secretly taping a conversation he said why would he do that? Unfortunately, Kremer never asked why he was fired. Something I'd like to know. It's not as bad as taping the bosses conversation but bad enough for him to keep it secret. Kremer did ask if he thought the punishment fit the crime and he said if they could do it all over again they would.

He held his season tickets up until last year after he left the team. They have now been revoked.

This whole thing has turned into a total joke, the commish and the NFL destroying evidence to hide something, Walsh doesn't really seem to be totally honest in what he says, and the league wants to bury this, but its totally ridiculous a team could get away with this for that long and then walk away with a slap on the wrist

Not honest???? Based on what? Wishful thinking? Walsh not only has been honest but his story has been consistent, unlike certain members of the Patriots.

PTR

Not honest???? Based on what? Wishful thinking? Walsh not only has been honest but his story has been consistent, unlike certain members of the Patriots.

PTR

Why was he fired? Why did he say he was wearing Pets* garb at the Rams practice when he most likely wasn't? Why is he coming out with this now?

There are some serious questions about him. I think he's been at least 80% truthful but there are valid questions.

My suspicion is that it was Corey Dillon who spilled the beans about the effectiveness.

I don't think so--they said it was someone who was there that first season they used this (2000) and Dillon didn't come on board until 2003 or so, I believe. I'm sticking with my guess it was Antowain. I'm actually surprised this part of the story hasn't gotten more play--nothing in this morning's NYT on it, for ex.

PTR

sorry maybe honest wasn't the best word, but i for one do not find that everything he has reported has been consistent..... he makes it difficult at least for me to believe everything coming out of his mouth

I don't think so--they said it was someone who was there that first season they used this (2000) and Dillon didn't come on board until 2003 or so, I believe. I'm sticking with my guess it was Antowain. I'm actually surprised this part of the story hasn't gotten more play--nothing in this morning's NYT on it, for ex.

Antowain joined the Patri*ts prior to the 2001 season.

Why was he fired? Why did he say he was wearing Pets* garb at the Rams practice when he most likely wasn't? Why is he coming out with this now?

There are some serious questions about him. I think he's been at least 80% truthful but there are valid questions.

Yes, and there aren't serious questions about the league.

Hidden in all of this is the reason why the Patriots would not pay to keep key players and pay them huge premiums- and conversely why they were willing to pick up cast offs from other places. Their "system" was more important than the athletes themselves. they knew they had unfair advantages that likely even their own players were possbily unware of the full extent.

I am sure they all thought it was hilarious to pass off high priced guys like Bledsoe, Adams, and Milloy to the Bills.

The insiders- including fat Charlie and Mangini are also exposed in their new positions w/o these advantages. They likely saw this coming and left-as the option of the lesser of two evils...get exposed, or get out-take a huge pay jump- and risk failure.

Kraft himself is no stranger to deception. He's the guy that held the press conference announcing the Pats moving to Connecticut early this decade.

2008 will be the beginning of the slide for this arrogant team. Everyone on the opposite side is waiting and ready to stuff it right back at them.

Humble pie? You got it.

Hidden in all of this is the reason why the Patriots would not pay to keep key players and pay them huge premiums- and conversely why they were willing to pick up cast offs from other places. Their "system" was more important than the athletes themselves. they knew they had unfair advantages that likely even their own players were possbily unware of the full extent.

I am sure they all thought it was hilarious to pass off high priced guys like Bledsoe, Adams, and Milloy to the Bills.

The insiders- including fat Charlie and Mangini are also exposed in their new positions w/o these advantages. They likely saw this coming and left-as the option of the lesser of two evils...get exposed, or get out-take a huge pay jump- and risk failure.

Kraft himself is no stranger to deception. He's the guy that held the press conference announcing the Pats moving to Connecticut early this decade.

2008 will be the beginning of the slide for this arrogant team. Everyone on the opposite side is waiting and ready to stuff it right back at them.

Humble pie? You got it.

I agree with that--every game they play the opposition is going to be jacked for a number of reasons, from Spygate, to rubbing people's noses in it last year, to the dirty play of Harrison and Wilfork, to their general arrogance. In fairness to the Pats, they faced that the last 5-6 games last year, when going undefeated was possible, but it's interesting that that was the stretch when they started to fall to earth a bit, having trouble with teams like the Jets, Ravens and Eagles, not to mention the Giants in the last game of the year. I don't think they got any better this offseason and in fact got older in some spots (WRs (Moss is now 31, I believe) and LBs' despite Mayo and Crable, the latter of which won't start) and worse in others (the secondary comes to mind, as does the LB corps with the loss of Colvin). A key injury or two (if I had to guess, the obvious choices would be Brady of course, and then someone else like Maroney or Wilfork (a little payback for Big Vince is coming at some point)) and this team will fall to earth in a hurry. I also predict that when the inevitable comes and this team does fall to earth, be it this year or another, you'll see some beat downs delivered to Belichick, as coaches have long memories in this league. I'd love to see us partake at some point.....

I think it is pretty obvious why the league wants to soft sell this and wish it to go away. Billions of green backs.

I think you're right. There isn't any grand conspiracy to help the Pets* here. It's only wanting to protect the image of the league.