Walsh not in Patriots gear during Rams' walkthrough

VOR

When I first heard that Matt Walsh was in Patri*ts gear on the sidelines during the Rams' walkthrough, I thought that it was highly suspect, but was waiting to hear from Martz. Well he finally denied that Walsh was in Patri*ts gear, otherwise he would have thrown him out. This is little different from taping the walkthrough. Looks like the NFL is getting caught in their own web of lies. How pathetic.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...per_stupor.html

No comments on this? IMHO this is huge and something which should lead to forfeiture of their first SB win.

It's not going to make a difference, anyway you look at it, the commish has already said he isn't going to do anything else about it... sadly they have gotten away with being cheaters and just got a slap on the wrist

It's not going to make a difference, anyway you look at it, the commish has already said he isn't going to do anything else about it... sadly they have gotten away with being cheaters and just got a slap on the wrist

Actually the Commish stated that Walsh was in Patri*ts gear in full view of everyone, and thus Martz knew and had no problem with him being there. Now Martz is denying that, and it only makes sense what he WOULD remove anyone wearing Patri*ts gear, meaning that Walsh was there illegally. So something SHOULD be done.

Actually the Commish stated that Walsh was in Patri*ts gear in full view of everyone, and thus Martz knew and had no problem with him being there. Now Martz is denying that, and it only makes sense what he WOULD remove anyone wearing Patri*ts gear, meaning that Walsh was there illegally. So something SHOULD be done.

i agree something should be done, but it wont be, because all the commish wants to do is make this go away..... and thats what will happen, its so ridiculous it is happening this way but thats what it will be, but i totally agree something should be done

:thumbsup:

Just more proof the league wants this to go away. They'd better change that soon or it will get really bad. It would have been smart for Goodell to say he wasn't aware of the things Walsh is saying and he is going to take it into consideration. The longer they deny stuff the worse it looks. Specters look into this could get a lot more out right now.

From the article;

Martz, however, didn't question if Walsh was actually in the Superdome that day, where he was helping the New England video staff set up for game day, but doubts he understood what he was watching on the field.

"I don't know if he knows if a football is pumped with air or stuffed with tissue," Martz said. "That's why he's playing golf."

Walsh was moved to scouting after his video work so I think he knew a little of what was going on. I don't know if he was a scout or not but getting moved to scouting does say a lot.

"Maybe it was after the fact. I really don't know," Martz said. "He's a video guy. How much does he know about what we are doing? Unless somebody else was with him that knew more about football. I don't know what he is trying to accomplish other than trying to destroy Bill Belichick."

His motive has been a curiosity to me too.

It's not unusual for workers to be around the stadium setting up the day before the Super Bowl. Even Goodell admitted he found it a "little unusual that (Walsh) was standing around on the field in his Patriots gear."

That struck me as odd too but I don't know why Walsh would make that a secret when he was so forthcoming with the other stuff.

The Patriots beat the Rams, 20-17, on a last-second field goal by Adam Vinatieri, but Martz says the game was lost by three St. Louis turnovers, which directly led to 17 points for New England, the first TD coming on an interception return. The Patriots had only 214 yards of offense until their winning 53-yard drive to the field goal. "We self-destructed," Martz said.

That's probably very true.

"We self-destructed,""I was an arrogant, incompetent a-hole" Martz said.

fixed

If Martz the friggin moron had just given the ball to Faulk the Rams would havve won running away (pun intended). It still pisses me off to this day what an utterly unbelievable completely inept disgusting job 'coaching' he did in that game. If he is even halfway competent the Rams win by 20 and the whole Pdtriots* cheating "dynasty" * is stopped dead in its tracks. I fuggin hate him.

What a surprise, Martz is still completely unable to recognize the most simple things put in front of him. Nice job of damage control for the NFL, Mikey - but you're never going to get another HC job at this level, no matter how much sucking up you do for the Head Office.

The turnovers didn't beat your team. Your own fuggin' arrogance did them in.

this ESPN article describes another attempt by Belicheat to avoid taking responsibility.

Scroll down to the end where they talk about the Boston Herald apology. This is Olympic CYA.

Under the headline: "How it went wrong," Tomase wrote that he heard rumors the team's cheating was more widespread than the league had already acknowledged. But when he learned the team's video crew had been setting up equipment at the walkthrough, he made a "devastating leap of logic," by assuming the camera was rolling.

"I had repeatedly heard that this walkthrough had been taped, and from people I trusted. Eventually I accepted it as fact and stopped questioning the assertion."

how do you go from assuming the camera was rolling when you heard they were setting up to I was told repeatedly it had been taped?

If Martz the friggin moron had just given the ball to Faulk the Rams would havve won running away (pun intended). It still pisses me off to this day what an utterly unbelievable completely inept disgusting job 'coaching' he did in that game. If he is even halfway competent the Rams win by 20 and the whole Pdtriots* cheating "dynasty" * is stopped dead in its tracks. I fuggin hate him.

Just as if Kelly had handed off the ball more often to TT in SB XXV, the Bills would have been one of the greatest teams in the NFL history.