Going to Atlanta for the week

jayg

I just got back from there, stayed at the Sheraton Suites right up the road from you. I usually stay at the Crowne Plaza, since its so close to the office, but I like the mall near the Sheraton. Try the chinese resturant right across the street from the Crowne, above Wendys, a quick walk across the parking lot.

Actually that is going to be pretty heavy especially during rush hours. 7-9, 3-6 ish, just give yourself a little extra time. My office is in the perimeter area. (right by the perimeter mall) Where is your class? Lots of nice restaurants in the area, Joey D's, Flemings, Cheesecake Factory (at the mall) Chequers, and then the chains like Outback, Taco Mac, etc.. Feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to give you more info.

Second the rush hour problems. I work in the Wildwood complex just above 285/75.

When are you going? East Atlanta Beer Festival is last Saturday in May.

If you can see if the Braves are in town.

Head down to Atlantic Station for eats/drinks/hanging out/shopping.

Take the Sweetwater brewery tour Thurs/Fri.

Decent Bars & restaraunts....ummm Vinings is probably the closest to the Crowne.

Meehan's www.meehansalehouse.com

Padriac's www.padriacs.com

Marlow's http://www.marlowstavern.com/

Laseter's

Dining

http://www.viningsinn.com/

http://www.canoeatl.com/canoe_default_content.htm (pricy)

I'll post more when I get a chance.

You move here after freaknik ended? I worked downtown for the last two years of that. I've been chased twice, threatened, and I saw a dude pop 3 rounds into the engine of the guy that rear ended him. I've been to a lot of places. Of all of them, I feel the *least* secure while walking down Marietta St. or Peachtree here in Atlanta.

oh, dont get me wrong. i never said Atlanta is completely safe. and never would. and i KNOW of certainareas where I would probably be in the most danger of my life.

but if jayg is staying near the northern perimeter... cmon... its like disney land up there.

oh, dont get me wrong. i never said Atlanta is completely safe. and never would. and i KNOW of certainareas where I would probably be in the most danger of my life.

but if jayg is staying near the northern perimeter... cmon... its like disney land up there.

Yeah. Actually, if he's going to be up there? I'd recommend Soccer Mom watching. Lots of tennis-lesson-ladies out and about around that area of town while their hubbies are off making the money. That's probably time well spent.

Yes, and I am taking my assistant( also my best friend, no, i'm not gay), she is into strip clubs. The best part is that her husband doesn't mind. We used to all go to strip clubs in Hawaii. I know, I know, it's not like that........any recomendations in the perimeter area?

What? No strip clubs mentioned? Come on guys - The man is on a business trip for a week!!

Yes, and I am taking my assistant( also my best friend, no, i'm not gay), she is into strip clubs. The best part is that her husband doesn't mind. We used to all go to strip clubs in Hawaii. I know, I know, it's not like that........any recomendations in the perimeter area?

Pink Pony, dont bother with anywhere else.

Right on, have to wake up in 5 hours to catch our flight. Care to meet up Sat or Thurs night? Thanks again! Almost done with the rum. :unsure:

Pink Pony, dont bother with anywhere else.

Thursday night might work out!

If you have time, check out the Cheyenne Grille

its where the Atlanta Bills Backers watch games. The staff will be in Bills and Sabres shirts and they ship in Anchor Bar sauce and know how to make the wings crispy.

One of these days I've got to show up there. I've been here for 12 years now and I don't know one other Bills/Sabres fan.

One of these days I've got to show up there. I've been here for 12 years now and I don't know one other Bills/Sabres fan.

Almost the same with me...I worked with a really cool girl from Buffalo who was a diehard Bills and Sabres fan...she actually just took an offer from an Erie county hospital to go back, so now I'm back to not knowing any again lol.

Almost the same with me...I worked with a really cool girl from Buffalo who was a diehard Bills and Sabres fan...she actually just took an offer from an Erie county hospital to go back, so now I'm back to not knowing any again lol.

Was she a Labor and Delivery girl?

Was she a Labor and Delivery girl?

Nope, she worked with me on the ortho/neuro/tele floor. She was a really cool girl...awesome personality, loved to party, great big heart.

You know someone in L&D from Buffalo?

Nope, she worked with me on the ortho/neuro/tele floor. She was a really cool girl...awesome personality, loved to party, great big heart.

You know someone in L&D from Buffalo?

One of the times my wife and I were there, we met a girl that grew up in Buff. She was more than happy to talk about it once she noticed my Sabres shirt. I think it was 2nd or 3rd floor, L&D triage.