Somthing I find surprising

With all the complaints about the electoral college, why no comments about the STUPID nomination system. delegates, superdelagates and whatever the republicans call in their system is just stupid. :rolleyes::w00t::lol: :lol: :lol:;)

With all the complaints about the electoral college, why no comments about the STUPID nomination system. delegates, superdelagates and whatever the republicans call in their system is just stupid. :rolleyes::w00t::lol: :lol: :lol:;)

I believe the Democrats are the only party who use superdelagates.

i think the idea is that the parties are private businesses that can do what they want.

oh, yeah, you should realize that the people who run the government and look out for our everyday lives have a corporation they answer to first -- their party.

how people expect a solution from the government to protect them from corporations given this is just laughable.

i think the idea is that the parties are private businesses that can do what they want.

oh, yeah, you should realize that the people who run the government and look out for our everyday lives have a corporation they answer to first -- their party.

how people expect a solution from the government to protect them from corporations given this is just laughable.

I don't really know enough to agree or disagree, but that is an interesting view that I haven't heard before :blink:

Republicans = Coke

Democrats = Pepsi

One's got a red label and the other has a blue. But inside the bottle it's pretty much the same product.

It's all about marketing

And on the topic of how the Republicans do their primaries, it's funny that if the Democrats did the same thing Hillary would have won long ago

Republicans = Coke

Democrats = Pepsi

One's got a red label and the other has a blue. But inside the bottle it's pretty much the same product.

It's all about marketing

Quelle surprise! :blink:

AND:

Coke and Pepsi both taste GREAT but both are BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH in the long run. People, of course, drink the products because they don't care as much about long term health as they do quenching their sugar jonesing of the moment with what is available and easy to find.

The metaphor is quite an interesting one, it seems.

Quelle surprise! :blink:

AND:

Coke and Pepsi both taste GREAT but both are BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH in the long run. People, of course, drink the products because they don't care as much about long term health as they do quenching their sugar jonesing of the moment with what is available and easy to find.

The metaphor is quite an interesting one, it seems.

UR STOOPID COKE IS BAD FOR TEH HELTHZ, BUT PEPSI ISN'T JUST A BUNCH OF RICH JERKS TRYING TO TAKE AWAY POOR PEOPLE'S ABORTTIONS AND HEALTHCARE!!!!

With all the complaints about the electoral college, why no comments about the STUPID nomination system. delegates, superdelagates and whatever the republicans call in their system is just stupid. :blink::rolleyes::wallbash::w00t::wallbash: :wallbash:

I have repeatedly said the Democrat nomination process is seriously flawed and doesn't reflect the true will of the majority. The caucus process has time constraints that prevent many working people from participating. The rules such as in Texas that give more delegates to certain districts than others of similar voter size because that district voted Democrat in the past unfairly gives more weight to some votes than others. Allowing non-Democrats to vote distorts the will of people who stood up and registered as Democrat. You shouldn't have a say in a club you're not willing to join. The Democrats should have a primary process that mirrors the general election where the person with the most popular votes in a state gets all that state's delegates.

I have repeatedly said the Democrat nomination process is seriously flawed and doesn't reflect the true will of the majority.

You have? Last week you wanted to throw the will of the majority out the window in favor of who you think "has the best chance in November".

Allowing non-Democrats to vote distorts the will of people who stood up and registered as Democrat. You shouldn't have a say in a club you're not willing to join.

And thusly was the partisan encapsulated in only two sentences :blink:

I don't really know enough to agree or disagree, but that is an interesting view that I haven't heard before :blink:

Theres nothing to agree or disagree with in his post, political parties are private entities.

The Democrats should have a primary process that mirrors the general election where the person with the most popular votes in a state gets all that state's delegates.

This public service announcement brought to you by the same people that want to change the general election process. :blink:

You have? Last week you wanted to throw the will of the majority out the window in favor of who you think "has the best chance in November".

The Democrat primary/caucus process doesn't represent the will of the majority, as I explained. If it did then the person with the most votes would get all the delegates for that state. The current process reminds me of the Communist saying, "all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others".

The Democrat primary/caucus process doesn't represent the will of the majority, as I explained. If it did then the person with the most votes would get all the delegates for that state. The current process reminds me of the Communist saying, "all people are equal, but some people are more equal than others".

Oh. So you're on board with the Obama nomination as long as he wins the overall popular vote?

Or will you then have some other excuse.