Top Selling Albums in 2007

this list sorta makes me lose faith in the state of Music. or rather, lose faith in the music fan... im not sure which

Top Selling Albums of 2007, Worldwide

I don't know why you place any stock in those numbers, and more importantly, why you are JUST NOW losing faith in popular music. Forget album sales. There are many great, great resources on the web to hear your favorite bands and dabble in some new sounds. If you think album sales are a good way to guage what's "good," then have fun listening to the garbage that is Maroon 5, Nickelback, and Hannah Montana.

IMO the state of music is quite good. There are plenty of great bands doing some great things. The industry is just horrible at figuring out how to get the music released successufully and efficiently.

I don't know why you place any stock in those numbers, and more importantly, why you are JUST NOW losing faith in popular music.

hey, i needed to type SOMETHING in the body of the post that conveys my disdain for those artists.

this in not a recent revelation in the slightest.

ps less comments on me, more on the music. this thread isnt about me. thanks all the concern from my fellow posters...

I havent looked at the list yet, but my question before i do is, how many of these have you listened to? or are you just assuming that they are unworthy? heck i may come back to recant this statement after i look at the list, but i am finding alot of stuff that i used to dismiss because of what others say that I am actually beginning to enjoy.....

this list sorta makes me lose faith in the state of Music. or rather, lose faith in the music fan... im not sure which

Top Selling Albums of 2007, Worldwide

I havent looked at the list yet, but my question before i do is, how many of these have you listened to? or are you just assuming that they are unworthy? heck i may come back to recant this statement after i look at the list, but i am finding alot of stuff that i used to dismiss because of what others say that I am actually beginning to enjoy.....

click, read, and get back to me...

there is some decent stuff on there, but there is also alot of stuff driven by parents buying stuff for thier kids....which is absolutely no indication of musical quality, just fad and crazes....nothing wrong with that

There's some very talented bands and artists on the list, naturally. There are many more on there that are poppy, marketed trash. "Gross album sales" as a barometer of what's "good" or has staying power is absolutely rediculous.

On that list of 40 I have purchased 2: the Alicia Keys album (I play piano and she is excellent, love her stuff) and the White Stripes album (they rip, love Jack's other band the Raconteurs even more.)

The only ones that I have heard on that list are Zeppelin, U2 and the Beatles. As far as the rest, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet I'm not missing anything with most of them.

well then you are missing the foo fighters and white stripes to name only a couple...time to move that musical taste out of the 60's...alot has changed and its not all bad :blink:

The only ones that I have heard on that list are Zeppelin, U2 and the Beatles. As far as the rest, I'd say it's a pretty safe bet I'm not missing anything with most of them.

well then you are missing the foo fighters and white stripes to name only a couple...time to move that musical taste out of the 60's...alot has changed and its not all bad :blink:

I said most of them. I like the Foo Fighters and the White Stripes, but I haven't heard their current albums yet. I love new music, I just haven't used FM radio for the past decade to get exposed to it. An early favorite of mine for best of 2008 is from Big Head Todd and The Monsters. You can download it for free from their website.

http://www.bigheadtodd.com/music/

I said most of them. I like the Foo Fighters and the White Stripes, but I haven't heard their current albums yet. I love new music, I just haven't used FM radio for the past decade to get exposed to it. An early favorite of mine for best of 2008 is from Big Head Todd and The Monsters. You can download it for free from their website.

Dude! Thank you! I didn't realize they had a new album.

heard one of the tracks last nite on sirius spectrum, sounded good, saw them last year in concert, they were very good