USA TODAY power rankings out....

But you could read and understand what I posted.I just get tired of people who feel the need to correct spelling.They add nothing to the thread.It is almost as cool as posters who jack there post count up by adding little one liners like YEA or your nuts.

Old McDonald sold their farm,

E,I

E,I,R.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

USA Today has the mighty Bills ranked #21, Give me a break. We should be in the top 15 at least. These idiots have teams like the Redskins, Panthers, Texans, Broncos, Vikings, Titans, Browns, Bucs, and the Cardinals ranked higher. Am I looking through rose colored glasses, because I think we can beat any of these teams. This year will be one to remember, By seasons end we will be in the top 10, once we prove we are a force to be reckoned with!

Good, let them exceed expectations. I'd prefer they be able to sneak up on people. Texans, no. Cardinals, no. Titans, maybe. The rest I say yes right now. At least they didn't pick the NJ Jests above Buffalo. A lot of talking heads think that all of the FA money they spent will make them world beaters.

USA Today has the mighty Bills ranked #21, Give me a break. We should be in the top 15 at least. These idiots have teams like the Redskins, Panthers, Texans, Broncos, Vikings, Titans, Browns, Bucs, and the Cardinals ranked higher. Am I looking through rose colored glasses, because I think we can beat any of these teams. This year will be one to remember, By seasons end we will be in the top 10, once we prove we are a force to be reconned with!

Once again, we see another validation of my "tell a lot of people what the want to hear = big money" instead of solid football analysis theory. They are going to keep ranking the Cards, Texans, and especially the Redskins and Bucs higher than us every year, all the time, no matter what. Why? Because those are big market areas, and why would USA today want to lose that revenue?

Here's some sad but true headlines that are guaranteed to lose USA today money if they actually printed them:

"Tampa has 7 QBs and no starter, RB problems, again, and their defense is getting old"

"The Cardinals play in a division that has been weak for 5 years and can't win the big game(same thing for the Bucs). Their QBs are either too old or having too much fun doing other things."

"The Texans are a loser team with a 2nd tier QB, no real RB, and backup WRs starting. Continually drafting D and O line doesn't change that. Their 8-8 record is due to playing the weak-ass NFC South and AFC West, and Miami, while going 1-5 in their division with the 1 being a throw-away game against the Jags the last game of the season."

"The Redskins, (insert anything that is wrong with any football team here)<-- and it's applicable.

Some could say that those headlines could apply to us: the difference? These headlines have been applicable to those big market teams for the last 6 years. When we were bad, we knew it and that was that. Every year they keep shoveling the same crap for these big market teams and every year it's proven to be crap.

The only reason Miami isn't being added to the list of teams that are "better" than us is that they had to go 1-15 to finally break the media BS. Last year they were supposed to be 2nd in the division. ;) But, if they go 8-8 any time in the next 2 years, how much do you want to be that they are SB contenders immediately?

The exception to the rule, because of course there has to be one: Philly. They have rarely been given the attention they "deserve" based on their media status, unless it's about something being wrong with McNabb, or some other negative story. I have no idea why, other than maybe the 5 years in a row of losing the big game(4 NFC, 1 SB) has made the media tired of them.

Good, let them exceed expectations. I'd prefer they be able to sneak up on people. Texans, no. Cardinals, no. Titans, maybe. The rest I say yes right now. At least they didn't pick the NJ Jests above Buffalo. A lot of talking heads think that all of the FA money they spent will make them world beaters.

It's motivating to see that ranking, but the Bills are definitely a "show me" team. They have a lot to prove to a lot of people in the next year or two.

I for one am $*%@! pissed that in the middle of MAY that we are ranked a freaking 21st! For a team that has accomplished SO MUCH, these past few seasons. WHAT the HECK are these people thinking???

I also agree with rtconner, where's the link?

Once again, we see another validation of my "tell a lot of people what the want to hear = big money" instead of solid football analysis theory. They are going to keep ranking the Cards, Texans, and especially the Redskins and Bucs higher than us every year, all the time, no matter what. Why? Because those are big market areas, and why would USA today want to lose that revenue?

Here's some sad but true headlines that are guaranteed to lose USA today money if they actually printed them:

"Tampa has 7 QBs and no starter, RB problems, again, and their defense is getting old"

"The Cardinals play in a division that has been weak for 5 years and can't win the big game(same thing for the Bucs). Their QBs are either too old or having too much fun doing other things."

"The Texans are a loser team with a 2nd tier QB, no real RB, and backup WRs starting. Continually drafting D and O line doesn't change that. Their 8-8 record is due to playing the weak-ass NFC South and AFC West, and Miami, while going 1-5 in their division with the 1 being a throw-away game against the Jags the last game of the season."

"The Redskins, (insert anything that is wrong with any football team here)<-- and it's applicable.

Some could say that those headlines could apply to us: the difference? These headlines have been applicable to those big market teams for the last 6 years. When we were bad, we knew it and that was that. Every year they keep shoveling the same crap for these big market teams and every year it's proven to be crap.

The only reason Miami isn't being added to the list of teams that are "better" than us is that they had to go 1-15 to finally break the media BS. Last year they were supposed to be 2nd in the division. ;) But, if they go 8-8 any time in the next 2 years, how much do you want to be that they are SB contenders immediately?

The exception to the rule, because of course there has to be one: Philly. They have rarely been given the attention they "deserve" based on their media status, unless it's about something being wrong with McNabb, or some other negative story. I have no idea why, other than maybe the 5 years in a row of losing the big game(4 NFC, 1 SB) has made the media tired of them.

I believe that in the movie "Private Parts" it's pointed out that the people who like Stern listen about 15 minutes a day to see what he'll say next. The people who hated him listened 20 minutes a day to see what he'd say next. Angering the readers is probably a good way to sell papers. I think they're being honest. Stupid but honest.

Thank you spell check thank god you were here to correct him I would have had no idea what he ment had you not been there.

Cna yuo raed tihs?

Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

You sound like one of the draft picks who after four years of college could not even pass a standard 8th grade English test.

I believe that in the movie "Private Parts" it's pointed out that the people who like Stern listen about 15 minutes a day to see what he'll say next. The people who hated him listened 20 minutes a day to see what he'd say next. Angering the readers is probably a good way to sell papers. I think they're being honest. Stupid but honest.

Yeah but Stern is Stern. You aren't going to turn on Stern to take anything he says seriously. Or, at least I hope not. I would assume most consumers of football analysis don't want to be put on, they simply want to know what's happening and don't have/don't spend the time that the average TBDer does on football.

Also, if we were talking about local talk radio, who is speaking 90% of the time about the home team, I would agree. Look at WGR or the radio stations in Philly, and it's all negative all the time, and the intent is draw the listener in with ridiculous premises so that controversy ;) ensues and the listener stays put to find out who "wins". Jim Rome has perfected this to the point that of his "smack downs", listener v. listener, have little to do with sports content and more to do with who is a better snap/cheap shot artist.

But, this is not any of that. This is a supposedly "objective" look at how all the teams relate to each other, in terms of who is better, and I am sorry, the Cardinals, Redskins, Bucs, and Texans have not been better than us for 2 years now, even though they have been consistently rated as such. Never mind the fact that we have beaten some of these teams on their own field in the last 2 years.

USA Today has the mighty Bills ranked #21, Give me a break. We should be in the top 15 at least. These idiots have teams like the Redskins, Panthers, Texans, Broncos, Vikings, Titans, Browns, Bucs, and the Cardinals ranked higher. Am I looking through rose colored glasses, because I think we can beat any of these teams. This year will be one to remember, By seasons end we will be in the top 10, once we prove we are a force to be reckoned with!

I think ALL of those teams mentioned are in good position to be good teams this year.

1. The Redskins made the playoffs last year, and there is no reason to think they wont be better this year with Jason Campbell healthy and all of the weapons they drafted for him this year. Clinton Portis will also be healthy. I think Zorn will do a good job in his first year.

2. The Panthers should be a solid team, especially with the signing of Muhammed and Peppers being healthy.

3. The Texans are on the up and up. They drafted well and signed some key free agents. Schaub will shine this year. After getting a new coaching staff last year, I think they will pull everything together and be much better.

4. The Broncos are a very solid team who did not lose anybody besides Javon Walker. They will be a playoff contender.

5. The Vikings have a Top-5 defense and arguably the best running back in the NFL. They will improve.

6. The Titans were a playoff team last year. They will be even better with the draft they had and some key free agent additions.

7. The Browns were a playoff team last year, and they got MUCH better this offseason. They will win their division. I think with everything they have done as far as adding players, if Anderson plays like he did last year, they could go to the Super Bowl.

8. The Buccaneers won their division and there is no reason to think they won't do it again.

9. The Cardinals have unlimited potential and talent. They had a VERY solid draft and signed some very good free agents. I think this is the year that they finally pull everything together and make the playoffs. It all lies in the hands of Matt Leinart.

*---> The only teams I would put the Bills ahead of in the "Power Rankings" out of these teams, would be the...Panthers, Texans, Titans, Buccaneers and Cardinals. I would actually put them in a tie with the Cardinals, Titans and Redskins. The Browns are the only team that I think is noticeably better than the Bills. AP and Defense is the only reason why the Vikings are any better.

70 posts since April 2005.BRILLIANT.

Yeah I am really starting to turn things out now.

yea plus the 940 something i had before the board crashed and i lost them all.... don't go away mad, please just go away

But you could read and understand what I posted.I just get tired of people who feel the need to correct spelling.They add nothing to the thread.It is almost as cool as posters who jack there post count up by adding little one liners like YEA or your nuts.

I'm an !@#$. That should be "their"