'08 Hard Knocks TV Show...

i just saw a commercial for Hard Knocks '08 and the featuerd team isn't the Cowboys, it's the Chiefs. just what we all need, more Herm Edwards. :thumbsup:

Actually, just read, but the Cowboys will be the featured team for 2008, and the show will be on HBO. The NFL Network is rerunning last summers' show, featuring the Cheifs, starting this Friday...

http://www.star-telegram.com/entertainment/story/624577.html

On the Jets forums, they call him "Sperm" Edwards.

Does he have a lot of illegitimate kids or was that the only thing they could come up with that rhymes with "Herm"?

Does he have a lot of illegitimate kids or was that the only thing they could come up with that rhymes with "Herm"?

Jets' fans aren't a very bright lot. They probably think this straight gold they came up with. In their sad history, Edwards is probably a top 3 coach all time.

I've wondered about this, but why doesn't the network feature other teams (hint... Buffalo) or do other teams simply NOT want television cameras all over the field, meeting rooms and dorm rooms 24/7? I find Dallas a little more than boring, although the players have changed over somewhat since their last kick at this can!

Jets' fans aren't a very bright lot. They probably think this straight gold they came up with. In their sad history, Edwards is probably a top 3 coach all time.

I disagree. They are very witty. For example, when I went to see the Bills play the Jets at the Meadowlands in 2001, the fans around me started singing a very funny song consisting of just the following lines "Alex Van Pelt takes it up the a$$, do da, do da."

By the way, the 3-13 Bills won that game.

I've wondered about this, but why doesn't the network feature other teams (hint... Buffalo) or do other teams simply NOT want television cameras all over the field, meeting rooms and dorm rooms 24/7? I find Dallas a little more than boring, although the players have changed over somewhat since their last kick at this can!

the latter. i'm pretty sure wade phillips probably isn't too excited either but I'm sure jones made him do it.

It would be great to see the Bills on Hard Knocks, but I am sure most NFL coaches (conservative by nature it seems) would much rather not have to deal with a distraction like this. All the teams involved in the past (Ravens, Cowboys and Chiefs) had one thing in common...namely, an ego maniac...Brian Billick, Jerry Jones and Carl Peterson never met a reporter or camera they didn't like...they all love the sound of their own voice. The Bills, and their managment team, are a bit more low key.

Personaly, I love the show, and am glad HBO baught it back. It was hard, last season, not to pay a little more attention to the Cheifs (a bad football team) than I normally might have, because of Hard Knocks. I would prefer them to cover a less "glamorous" team than Dallas, because, frankly, between the Cowboys, Patriots, and Eagles, it is sometimes hard to remember there are 29 other teams in the leauge...they get plenty of coverage already.