Drew seems to be playing a little better

billsburgh

Yeah, except for missing a wideopen Lee Evans by 30ft and not even giving him to a chance to make another play on the ball.

And for bouncing one of ZThomas' hands by throwing into double coverage in the red zone

And for taking two bad sacks instead of getting the ball out

And for for forcing another into coverage when he wasn't planted and being bailed out by an All-Pro play by Moulds.

And for finally throwing the pick but being bailed out by the officials.

And for producing 0 points in the first half of a home divisional game.

Go get 'em Drew.

72830[/snapback]

I guessed you missed Tom Bradys great performance against the Fins last week. 7 completions, none in the second half, 38% completion percentage and only 76 yards passing.

If god (AKA Tom Brady who is trying to give the game to the seahawks as I type (1 fumble and 1 Int in the 4th Qrt) play so badly against the Fins, I think shows that the fins have the one of the best passing defenses.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to point out that Bledsoe avoided Thomas AND Bowens and completed a deep pass INTO the wind. But he sucks and the whole season is his fault.

Oh, and he scrambled out of the pocket and threw the ball away before that.

CW

Wassup Fez Drew still suck's was really the point I was trying to make, whatever good performance he will have 1 week he will completely erase it the next, I believe he's 4-18 in his last 22 starts so who cares about a deep pass in the wind, we want to contend for the playoffs and he's just not the guy, I don't care what he does today

I guessed you missed Tom Bradys great performance against the Fins last week

Oh in that case, I take it back. Since Brady had a poor outing then I guess Drew really didn't do all those things listed.

Hey look at that. Drew moved in the pocket and completed a pass into the wind. This guy's alright.

I thought the best thing about that play wasn't the fact that he slid to avoid pressure (which he did nicely), but that he got his eyes back downfield quickly, something he hasn't done much of.

Cya

I thought the best thing about that play wasn't the fact that he slid to avoid pressure (which he did nicely), but that he got his eyes back downfield quickly, something he hasn't done much of.

Cya

72906[/snapback]

Agreed. Good point.

Some of you Drew bashers kill me at times, i know its fashionable and all but really the guy hasnt played all THAT bad this year - considering the slipshod protection, penalties, bad down and distance and dropped passes we've endured this year on offense.

I mean I know he hasnt looked like Bart Starr or anything, but if you watched all the games you can see the problem (at least this year) has been 80% line 20% Drew (at least on sacks) his accuracy and protection of the ball has been pretty good (especially if you take away all the drops we've had this year, including this game).

Today, for some reason, you saw the first team that didnt blitz our O-Line like crazy (NO idea why they didnt since they had to have seen the success everyone else has had with free defenders coming unblocked and getting sacks) and therefore you saw the line look halfway decent and Drew stand back there with enough time to take a 5 step drop and actually find a receiver.

Some of you Drew bashers kill me at times, i know its fashionable and all but really the guy hasnt played all THAT bad this year - considering the slipshod protection, penalties, bad down and distance and dropped passes we've endured this year on offense.

I mean I know he hasnt looked like Bart Starr or anything, but if you watched all the games you can see the problem (at least this year) has been 80% line 20% Drew (at least on sacks) his accuracy and protection of the ball has been pretty good (especially if you take away all the drops we've had this year, including this game).

Today, for some reason, you saw the first team that didnt blitz our O-Line like crazy (NO idea why they didnt since they had to have seen the success everyone else has had with free defenders coming unblocked and getting sacks) and therefore you saw the line look halfway decent and Drew stand back there with enough time to take a 5 step drop and actually find a receiver.

72988[/snapback]

Indeed, it seems that we've arrived at a point where the Bledsoe-haters are making excuses when he plays well.

Sigh...

afro. that is a very intelligent post. i agree with you wholeheartedly on this and i think that bledsoe has been proving himself to the powers that be. however, you should have included bad playcalling as a reason for about 20% of the sacks

afro. that is a very intelligent post. i agree with you wholeheartedly on this and i think that bledsoe has been proving himself to the powers that be. however, you should have included bad playcalling as a reason for about 20% of the sacks

73009[/snapback]

Bledsoe had a VERY GOOD day today. No turnovers, 1 TD, poise in the pocket,

ran 10 yds for a 1st down (called back pent) and showed real leadership qualities

out there...all in a very bad wind condition and against the number 2 Defense in the league.

People on Bledsoe's back have a preordained disdain for him and won't give credit where it's due. Posters with no clue who probably live their lives as daily pessimists and complainers...must be fun to be around.

You know, I see an awful lot of "shut-up you stupid Drew-basher" posts.

However I haven't seen a single post even attempting to refute or even reasonably discuss the several examples I cited of Drew's very real struggles in the first half.

Telling somebody they're a mindless idiot who nobody wants to be around just doesn't do all that much to validate your position, which I assume is "everybody but me should shut-up".

Cya

You know, I see an awful lot of "shut-up you stupid Drew-basher" posts.

However I haven't seen a single post even attempting to refute or even reasonably discuss the several examples I cited of Drew's very real struggles in the first half.

Telling somebody they're a mindless idiot who nobody wants to be around just doesn't do all that much to validate your position, which I assume is "everybody but me should shut-up".

Cya

73084[/snapback]

Bledsoe looked average in the first half, but not horrible. The bomb to Evans and the pass to Moulds deep on the sidelines were both crapshoots due to the wind, especially the sideline one. Look at the pass to Reed for evidence. It was a 10 yard pass that started out directly between the numbers for Reed and ended up at his fingertips in the blink of an eye. You'll notice they stopped any attempts at a sideline pass after that. The Evans one was a little better off because it straight down field so the wind only affected distance but the fact the Bledsoe was 3 for 3 on throws to Evans like that previously tells me the wind had a huuuge role in that pass.

Bledsoe looked average in the first half, but not horrible. The bomb to Evans.....  due to the wind,

I thought he looked awful in the first half, making several poor decisions and having his bacon saved by others on more than one occasion. And I didn't give him hell for not hitting Evans in stride in that wind, I gave him hell for not even giving Evans a remote chance to play the ball when so far he's given Drew every reason to have confidence in him downfield.

He really settled down and played much smarter ball in the 2nd though.

Cya

I thought he looked awful in the first half, making several poor decisions and having his bacon saved by others on more than one occasion. And I didn't give him hell for not hitting Evans in stride in that wind, I gave him hell for not even giving Evans a remote chance to play the ball when so far he's given Drew every reason to have confidence in him downfield.

He really settled down and played much smarter ball in the 2nd though.

Cya

73128[/snapback]

Do you have any more specific complaints? That is one but one bad play doesn't constitute an awful half. Perhaps you would be more succesful in having more substantial rebuttals to your posts that way.

What makes me arrive at average is that he had some very nice throws, despite the wind, to counteract some bad ones. He had two very nice throws to Moulds that were caught (the one he squeezed in on 3rd and 5 that Moulds caught on his hip) and the 17 yard pass in the first drive, and another nice throw that Moulds dropped. He also had a nice throw to Aiken that appeared to hit him in the face mask, I believe that was in the first half...

Bledsoe obviously can't win even when he wins. People do not like when he takes sacks but when he just gets sacked twice and he avoids sacks more than twice, he gets no credit either. People give him crap for turning the ball over but when he doesn't turn the ball over he gets crap for almost turning the ball over. People give him crap for not leading the team but when he leads the team 95 yards down the field in the last 5-6 minutes, it's all McGahee for running and he gets no credit. The fact seems to be that he hasnt been turning the ball over and he has been throwing pretty well. He has a good passer rating. He has thrown twice as many TDs as INTs. He needs to be more consistent, he needs to score more points (although I think if they replayed the last play it would have been ruled a TD and the Bills offense would have scored 20 on a terrible weather day against one of the best defenses in the league.

Did he throw every pass great? No. But he did almost ALL of the things people complain about pretty well. He led the team, he didnt turn it over, he got it in the endzone, he converted third downs, he didnt throw stupid passes, he controlled the game in the fourth quarter, he avoided the rush. Did he do all the things Simon said in the first half? Yes. Did it hurt the team that much? No. Did he play well and win the game in the second half? Yes.

Let's see what he can do on the road next week.

Do you have any more specific complaints?

Ummm, just the half-dozen I listed off the top of my head in my first post in this therad. How many do you want ?-)

And I thought the throw that Moulds caught on his hip was a terrible decision/throw. His feet weren't set and he throws into the wind at a doubled Moulds whom he had stared down for the entire route. Moulds' great play to push the corner off with his offhand certainly prevented a punt and may well have prevented a pick as well. Sorta like Zach Thomas' hands prevented a pick in the red zone and an overzealous official prevented a pick to open the 2nd half(although I wonder if that one was partly on Evans).

Cya