who tinkled in Jerry's cornflakes this a.m. J.P.?

please explain to me how edwards was better than jp losman last year - the numbers say otherwise.

he won the starting job that losman lost.

he also won more games.

keep in mind the weather impact on the numbers -- you can see how much they affected opposing qbs.

the first line explains everything you need to know tho.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

terrible.

based on your analysis above, is there any quarterback who can be blamed for his own failure?

couch? no he was on an expansion team.

akili smith? not he was an a terrible team, was not handled right, needed more time.

leftwich, harrington?

is there a single qb who you could say was responsible for his own failure?

and the bottom line is with the same coaches, the same teamates, edwards and holcomb were better than jp. and edwards was a raw rookie.

Once again...for the last time: you are hanging everything on JP and refuse to account for any extenuating circumstances. Any at all. There is no debating with that mentality, so I'll leave you to sit quietly with your Jerry Sullivan clippings.

Once again...for the last time: you are hanging everything on JP and refuse to account for any extenuating circumstances. Any at all. There is no debating with that mentality, so I'll leave you to sit quietly with your Jerry Sullivan clippings.

so he didn't lose the starting job to a rookie playing with the exact same guys!!

wow, you and 1bills are the best pretend fans ever! who is gonna win the pretend superbowl?

he also won more games.

keep in mind the weather impact on the numbers -- you can see how much they affected opposing qbs.

that's funny. to me it looked like he sucked, save for the games against the redskins and dolphins.

that's funny. to me it looked like he sucked, save for the games against the redskins and dolphins.

did it look like jp didn't suck?

did it look like jp didn't lose the starters job, get it back, and then lose it again?

who looked like the starter at the end of the year? to you anyway.

did it look like jp didn't suck?

did it look like jp didn't lose the starters job, get it back, and then lose it again?

who looked like the starter at the end of the year? to you anyway.

jp was sucking too .. but i dont think trent edwards won the job.

to me, it looks like we still don't have a quarterback. if edwards is going to be the QB of the future, imo he needs to prove that he's the man and actually win the job.

so he didn't lose the starting job to a rookie playing with the exact same guys!!

wow, you and 1bills are the best pretend fans ever! who is gonna win the pretend superbowl?

Seriously, Jerry. Stick to your column and leave the message boards to people who can have a two-way conversation.

to me, it looks like we still don't have a quarterback. if edwards is going to be the QB of the future, imo he needs to prove that he's the man and actually win the job.

good post.

What i wonder is that why so many here are so absolutely confident that JP is so terrible that he shouldnt even be on an NFL roster, why are they afraid of letting him compete against trent? Trent should mop the floor with him, according to them.

I'm also wondering why they feel it was ok the way the Bills handled/developed JP, but Trent should be treated completely differently?

for the record trent was good for a rook and ok overall. strong improvement is clearly needed. he did out play jp tho (not saying much at all).

i don't know anyone who's affraid of jp losman competing for the job.

and la, you are just a little priss. you said you are done with me, but have to come back and make a silly comment that has nothing to do with the debate at hand. i think you just want to pimp your hero and get the last word in.

he also won more games.

Even if he won more games- which isn't a stat. He didn't win more games if you actually track it. JP came into the Jets game and got the offense going. Not to say that he should get the starting job- if JP started and Trent came in, you may have seen the offense come alive as well- sometimes changing QB's during a game just changes the flow.

Needless to say, both QB's failed last year partly because they are not fully developed, and partly because they played on a bad team.

Needless to say, both QB's failed last year partly because they are not fully developed, and partly because they played on a bad team.

That is true about Trent, but not JP. It doesn't matter how JP was developed or what kind of team he's on. He simply sucks. Please try to keep up.

Even if he won more games- which isn't a stat. He didn't win more games if you actually track it. JP came into the Jets game and got the offense going. Not to say that he should get the starting job- if JP started and Trent came in, you may have seen the offense come alive as well- sometimes changing QB's during a game just changes the flow.

In the first half of that game, there simply wasn't any pass protection. None. As the game wore on, the Jets' defenders seemed to tire a little bit, allowing the Bills' QB more time to throw. I felt the offensive resurgence had more to do with the improvement in pass protection later in the game, than with anything that happened at the quarterback position.

In the first half of that game, there simply wasn't any pass protection. None. As the game wore on, the Jets' defenders seemed to tire a little bit, allowing the Bills' QB more time to throw. I felt the offensive resurgence had more to do with the improvement in pass protection later in the game, than with anything that happened at the quarterback position.

Exactly. If the pass protection wasn't shoddy, the Jet's defenders would have been more refreshed. But our shoddy OL actually got the Jets defenders tired, and then we swooped in a fresh quarterback and ka-chow! Touchdown. At that point, all we had to do was wait for the Jets to initiate the nap time sequence, throw the ball up as far as we could, and win the game!

The Jets were totally outcoached in that game.

There was also the little fact that trent failed to adjust to Revis blitzing, which he did on about 29 consecutive downs.

Exactly. If the pass protection wasn't shoddy, the Jet's defenders would have been more refreshed. But our shoddy OL actually got the Jets defenders tired, and then we swooped in a fresh quarterback and ka-chow! Touchdown. At that point, all we had to do was wait for the Jets to initiate the nap time sequence, throw the ball up as far as we could, and win the game!

The Jets were totally outcoached in that game.

Earlier in the thread, you implied you're capable of having a two-way conversation about Losman. And maybe you can--at least with those who see things the same way you do.

There was also the little fact that trent failed to adjust to Revis blitzing, which he did on about 29 consecutive downs.

I think a lot of teams blitz rookie quarterbacks to see if they can handle it. Last year, Trent's overall body of work in responding to pass pressure was better than you'd expect from a rookie. But there's still room for improvement in his game; and this season represents an opportunity for him to show that improvement.

To a point, I can agree, but we had a QB with a completely different style going in there- Both QB's are flawed, but both can play at this level.

Earlier in the thread, you implied you're capable of having a two-way conversation about Losman. And maybe you can--at least with those who see things the same way you do.

We are having a conversation, and we can disagree during that conversation provided the premise of your side makes sense. Like Ramius said, Revis was blitzing on virtually every down. Suddenly quarterbacks change and the offense is effective because the Jets are tired?

I must be the only one who thought that analogy was something of a stretch.

No harm, no foul.

he also won more games.

Trent did not WIN the starting job - It was given to him so Ralph wouln't have to pay JP his bonus. He also PLAYED more games. I can see how much the weather affected opposing QB's- THEY WON