Oil Shale

For the same reason that people with functioning synapses and a modicum of logic like it. It removes the incentives to game the system, raises the cost of tax avoidance and simplifies tax preparation and collection. But most importantly, it will push thousands of intelligent people working in the tax minimization industry towards more productive jobs.

Not that it matters, the country would never be stupid enough to accept it. The rich should pay more, doing the flat tax would either mean higher taxes for the middle class or more debt for the country. Before you idiots start in on me that we would cut spending to pay for, forget about it. I live in the real world and understand we are not going to have massive cuts in government spending, just isn't going to happen.

As a matter of fact, the government is going to take on an even bigger role in all probablity, as truckers migt need subsides to stay trucking, cold weather areas will have to provide subsides for people to heat their homes, more food stamps with the price of food shooting up and who knows what else?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it matters, the country would never be stupid enough to accept it. The rich should pay more, doing the flat tax would either mean higher taxes for the middle class or more debt for the country. Before you idiots start in on me that we would cut spending to pay for, forget about it. I live in the real world and understand we are not going to have massive cuts in government spending, just isn't going to happen.

As a matter of fact, the government is going to take on an even bigger role in all probablity, as truckers migt need subsides to stay trucking, cold weather areas will have to provide subsides for people to heat their homes, more food stamps with the price of food shooting up and who knows what else?

Hey, Golden Showers...read this: :blink:

Taxation Wisdom...

http://jmm.aaa.net.au/articles/13052.htm

Thank you for the daily affirmation that there isn't a single topic on which you have a clue.

At least you're stupid enough to admit that the real goal of "progressive" taxation policy is the feel good effect that the rich are paying more, even though a flat tax will raise more money (especially from the rich).

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for the daily affirmation that there isn't a single topic on which you have a clue.

At least you're stupid enough to admit that the real goal of "progressive" taxation policy is the feel good effect that the rich are paying more, even though a flat tax will raise more money (especially from the rich).

Keep up the good work.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE explain this one! And tell me why this sounds so familure to "tax cuts will pay for themselves" :blink:

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE explain this one! And tell me why this sounds so familure to "tax cuts will pay for themselves" :blink:

Do you ever read the posts you respond to?

It removes the incentives to game the system, raises the cost of tax avoidance and simplifies tax preparation and collection.

Oops, I missed that bull sh--. Forgive me, but most anything GG posts is seriously forgetable.

Ready to surprise me yet? :blink:

I take it after Tony Randall died, there was no replacement for the little guy inside your head who controls the functions.

Oh, I was expecting more talking points straiht from the American Enterprise Institute web site. Instead we get you attempting to be funny.

Here's a news flash, there are people in this world who are able to formulate an opinion after considering available evidence and coming up with a logical conclusion, that is not based on a news story snippet written by a reporter who's clueless about a topic.

You should try it one day, although the evidence is staggering that you'll still come up with ten pounds of flax.

Oops, I missed that bull sh--. Forgive me, but most anything GG posts is seriously forgetable.

Ready to surprise me yet? :lol:

It's remarkable how often you manage to "miss" what's actually in the posts you're replying to. And it's equally remarkable that you will always blame the person who wrote the post for you not reading it and then expect anyone here to take you seriously.

Ready to surprise me yet? :lol:

BS.

GG and me have crossed swords in the past. However, his posts are well-thought out and stated, and they always get my full consideration.

Disagree with the man's posts, if you like, but please stop this falling back with chronic belittlement when you can't argue your case...

BS.

GG and me have crossed swords in the past. However, his posts are well-thought out and stated, and they always get my full consideration.

Disagree with the man's posts, if you like, but please stop this falling back with chronic belittlement when you can't argue your case...

CINCY SHOOTS AND SCORES! :lol:

Taxes are not killing us. The gadflies that like to make us think we are being drowned in taxation are just complainers looking to bytch and moan about something. An "alligator" my ass!

Spoken like someone who makes jack shiit on a W2. Try working off a 1099 some time.

So they have to heat the ground up hundreds of degrees for several years while at the same time freezing another part of the ground? ;)

I think by the time they figure that out they might be doing it with an alternative energy source that will make oil shale obsolete anyway. But who knows?