Enough draft talk, open letter to Dick Jauron...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This being your last chance to prove yourself as an NFL head coach, here's what you need to do:

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defenses stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

The defensive team you currently have is now ready to take that big step into the top ten of the league. I have faith that with you being a defense coach, you'll be able to make it happen barring injuries. That was a legit excuse last year. If all stay healthy, your Bills should be a top ten defensive unit. I trust that you can accomplish this.

The special teams have been one of the best in the league. I expect this trend to continue.

So there you have it, now go and get er done Dick or step aside. Time for this team to finally get back into the playoffs where they belong. This team has been an embarrassment for the last time, for a long time. We Bills fans are expecting the next great era of the Buffalo Bills to begin in 2008, and we can't wait for the fun ride to begin.

:lol:

yea i'm sure he will actually read this. you should mail it to him :D

Hey, even Jauron needs a good laugh once in awhile. :lol:

I know. But some people enjoy riding people out of town, it's like a thrill rush or something. IDK I think unless the Bills go worse than 8-8 he gets another year after this JMO.

I'd say at least 9-7 or he's out.

Please exaggerate a little bit more. BTW, they got that record by beating the NFL's little sisters of the poor.

Yeah, with third stringers but I guess that doesn't matter. :lol:

Beating teams that have more talent than yours is a good thing. ;)

we didnt have practice squad and backups playing for us all season? we went the whole year with our starters healthy? we didnt lose a handful of games on last second field goals? i couldve SWORN we were stuck with a backup WR starting at Safety...

what season was i watching then?

im not the one throwing around "last chance" exaggerations.

:thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

I second that.

Dude, he can like or dislike whoever he wants. I'm sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Why are you arguing with people who come here to post what they think? His posting probably acts like a cartharsis for hima as it does for me. That's what makes America great.

You see that's the problem I have here with this board. Why argue and make sarcastic remarks (not you in this case) when all he is doing is presenting his feelings. He didn't insult anyone or get personal. It's a message board. Tell him you disagree..why get frustrated.

When people start posting "Open letters" to the head coach of an NFL team on a discussion board I think that person is taking themselves a little too seriously. Therefore any ragging he gets is well deserved.

you missed the second part of that statement about refusing to listen to anyone else for even a second. if you are going to post your opinions and then not bother to have an open enough mind listen to opposing views, then why bother coming here?

youre right, he can dislike whoever he wants. and thats fine. but after the 100th thread of the same opinion on the same topic from the same poster, and refusal to try to see both sides... its a little old and annoying.

and frankly, from what ive been told about the posts of yours (Mike) that the Mods removed from the McKelvin thread, and the ones that are left in there... who cares if you have a problem with the board? go act like an e-tough guy somewhere else.

draft weekend always brings out the worst in this board. i cant wait for it to fizzle out.

That's because he wasn't listening. :w00t:

***sigh***

All righty then. Can the rest of us agree to argue without wishing death on the opposing party?

Thanks in advance,

the management

Meh, I'll think about it. :w00t:

***sigh***

All righty then. Can the rest of us agree to argue without wishing death on the opposing party?

Thanks in advance,

the management

No kidding...he pulled that on Ramius in the Chris Ellis draft thread, too. I know that TBD'ers can be a-holes sometimes, but no need to take it to that level.

This being your last chance to prove yourself as an NFL head coach, here's what you need to do:

The offensive team you currently have is not of the "three yards and a cloud of dust, grind it out" mold. You currently do NOT have the offensive line to do this. Only teams that have the top notch run blockers up front can get away with this plan of attack. This team doesn't have that. What this team WILL excel at is being a "pass first to set up the run" type of offense. You need to trust in your offensive playmakers...Edwards, Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Lynch, Jackson and Royal. Give Turk enough leash to throw the ball around to everyone early in games, get them all involved, score touchdowns. Keep defenses off balance, be unpredictable, throw the damn ball to Marshawn. Once you establish the passing game, Lynch will no doubt become the pro bowl runningback we all know he can be once the defenses stop stacking the line. Our offensive line will have a chance blocking seven, not eight guys in the box.

The defensive team you currently have is now ready to take that big step into the top ten of the league. I have faith that with you being a defense coach, you'll be able to make it happen barring injuries. That was a legit excuse last year. If all stay healthy, your Bills should be a top ten defensive unit. I trust that you can accomplish this.

The special teams have been one of the best in the league. I expect this trend to continue.

So there you have it, now go and get er done Dick or step aside. Time for this team to finally get back into the playoffs where they belong. This team has been an embarrassment for the last time, for a long time. We Bills fans are expecting the next great era of the Buffalo Bills to begin in 2008, and we can't wait for the fun ride to begin.

That O-LIne was so bad last year they led a rookie running back to the fifth-highest yard total in the NFL. And he only started 12 games. Yeah, that O-Line sucked on their way to giving up a franchise low 26 sacks last year. Try looking at the numbers and the facts before you start making statements. That being said, I think the defense is ready to take that next step this year, and if the D is top ten, which they have a shot at, and the O can just be middle of the pack, Buffalo goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs.

Jauron has done a great job with this team. 12 different starters were injured last year and he kept us in the playoff race until the very end. He's done a heck of a job. The problem this franchise has had, for better or worse, has been a constant change at coach and in the FO. There has been no stability. You know, Marv didn't have Buffalo in the Super Bowl right away. It took time for him to get the team to that point. Give Jauron the time he needs. The team is getting better and I expect them to play well this season. Let's see how it goes before people start throwing down the gauntlets.

That O-LIne was so bad last year they led a rookie running back to the fifth-highest yard total in the NFL. And he only started 12 games. Yeah, that O-Line sucked on their way to giving up a franchise low 26 sacks last year. Try looking at the numbers and the facts before you start making statements. That being said, I think the defense is ready to take that next step this year, and if the D is top ten, which they have a shot at, and the O can just be middle of the pack, Buffalo goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs.

Jauron has done a great job with this team. 12 different starters were injured last year and he kept us in the playoff race until the very end. He's done a heck of a job. The problem this franchise has had, for better or worse, has been a constant change at coach and in the FO. There has been no stability. You know, Marv didn't have Buffalo in the Super Bowl right away. It took time for him to get the team to that point. Give Jauron the time he needs. The team is getting better and I expect them to play well this season. Let's see how it goes before people start throwing down the gauntlets.

First off, I never said our line sucks. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Secondly, try looking at the yards per carry. That is the stat that matters that will tell you how good your offensive line is at running the football. You're insane if you think our line can grind it out all season long. Ain't gonna happening with our line. Losman's been benched, Fairchild has left the building and now with the drafting of Hardy, there are no more excuses left for Jauron as to why our offense sucks. He hits the road if there are no playoffs, Ralph even has his limits on patience.

First off, I never said our line sucks. Do you have a reading comprehension problem? Secondly, try looking at the yards per carry. That is the stat that matters that will tell you how good your offensive line is at running the football. You're insane if you think our line can grind it out all season long. Ain't gonna happening with our line. Losman's been benched, Fairchild has left the building and now with the drafting of Hardy, there are no more excuses left for Jauron as to why our offense sucks. He hits the road if there are no playoffs, Ralph even has his limits on patience.

Ralph has no time to be patient and Dicky boy won't have excuses. He has his own hand picked offensive coordinator, picked from all of the possible candidates throughout the country. He has selected the best. He has made the move to Trent his QB and the front office has upgraded his personnel significantly from the day he arrived. He is now a veteran head coach of nearly a decade and has more than 25 years of coaching experience including a previous run as head coach with the Bears. During his time with the Bears, he was often criticized for being too conservative and too loyal to under performing coaches and players, "his guys". He has now learned that lesson and the Bills will benefit from that experience. He coached the game conservatively last year in order to protect a young and inexperienced team, but he knows the difference. With the better talent he is set to unleash game plans that will pressure and challenge the opposition. He'll teach this team to take it to the opponent early in games and put them away. The Bills will play with the lead and also be a team that can come from behind and win. He'll devise game plans that make it tough for the other team to succeed. Most weeks this year, Jauron will be facing head coaches with less experience than he has and he will often "outcoach" these younger inexperienced coaches. He'll make excellent in-game decisions. He'll be able to bring out in his players a high level of emotion each week such that the intensity of the Bills will be hard for the opposition to match. He himself was hand picked by a Hall of Fame coach to coach the Bills.

I prefer to watch the game than looking at stats. Our O-line is improved, but it is not great. Lynch had to make his own yards far too often, and got hit in the backfield. On his long run against the Bengals, he had to elude a guy as soon as he got the ball.

We need upgrades at center and left tackle. I am NOT saying dump Fowler and Walker for the first guy who comes along- it has to be a significant upgrade

I prefer to watch the game than looking at stats. Our O-line is improved, but it is not great. Lynch had to make his own yards far too often, and got hit in the backfield. On his long run against the Bengals, he had to elude a guy as soon as he got the ball.

We need upgrades at center and left tackle. I am NOT saying dump Fowler and Walker for the first guy who comes along- it has to be a significant upgrade

Left tackle? You haven't been listening to Marshall Faulk, have you? :lol:

Agree with Lynch making too many of his yards on his own last year. Don't get me wrong, the fact that he can do this is a GOOD thing... it would just be nice if he didn't have to.

Left tackle? You haven't been listening to Marshall Faulk, have you? :D

Agree with Lynch making too many of his yards on his own last year. Don't get me wrong, the fact that he can do this is a GOOD thing... it would just be nice if he didn't have to.

Ouch.....caught me on that one. Peters is a great OT, I meant right tackle. Walker is adequate, but just doesn't get much push.

I equate what Lynch does to what Flutie did. Its nice when you can make that many guys miss, but when you have to, you aren't much of a threat to the good teams. You need high percentage plays that will get you more than four yards most of the time

DJ earned his keep last year, keeping the players fighting despite injuries. This team could have mailed it in after the cowboys game, credit the coaching staff for getting us to at least 7-9.

When i think back to the low days of Mularkey and Williams, DJ is a solid upgrade.

Having said that, the onus is on DJ and the coaching staff to get us to the playoffs. His team needs to find an identity, decide how they want to win and go with it. NO MORE INDECISION IN PLAYCALLING AND OFFENSIVE GAMEPLANNING.

Rock on