If Xavier's Omon's moves transfer to NFL ...

I don't want to knock the kid, I truly hope he can make the transition to the NFL and be productive player, but I don't give a lot of credence to the division II college highlight videos. His lack of breakaway speed is very evident, but the ridicules stats make it a no-brainer to give him a shot.

I went out to youtube to look for some of the videos I watched a year ago of Wright and Lynch. I remember thinking Dwayne might be as good at Marshawn after watching videos of both and even thought Wright may end up being the number one back after the smoke settled. So much for me landing that NFL scouting job... :P

Any ways, although Wright didn't have Omon's gaudy numbers, I have to say his college highlight videos are more impressive to me, especially considering Fresno State was playing teams like USC. I'm still wondering why we didn't see any thing even remotely close to those bruising runs when he got his carries last year.

That said, competition is a good thing and I can't wait to see all of these guys on the field!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the kid will find the sledding a little tougher in the NFL.

Should be fun to see. If that were Div I he did that to, we'd be ecstatic.

On the other hand - it is exactly what your expect to see from a bona fide NFL back playing against DivII level opposition.

I went out to youtube to look for some of the videos I watched a year ago of Wright and Lynch. I remember thinking Dwayne might be as good at Marshawn after watching videos of both and even thought Wright may end up being the number one back after the smoke settled. So much for me landing that NFL scouting job... :wallbash:

You stole my thunder with that post. When I saw the thread topic I immediately thought of Wright.

The transition to the NFL is tougher on some guys and I think it was a learning experience for Dwayne Wright. He and Omon will have a lot to prove to stick on a team with Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson.

did not see any confirmation of blitz recognition and pickup which is what will keep him seated squarely on the pine.

I bet there are a lot of highlight tapes of Omon's blitz pickup skills floating around.....I'll keep looking and post them here.