Rounds 4 to 7 explained

billybob

explaining the picks

4a Reggie Corner and 7c Kennard Cox- why? because the only thing Youboty is developing into is an embarrassment

4b - Derek Fine- coaches said damn if only Schouman was a little bigger he could play

5. Alvin Bowen - the new Josh Stammer

6. Xavier Omon - coaches said damn if only Dwayne Wright was a little faster he could play

7a Demetrius Bell- looking for the next Jason Peters

7b. Steve Johnson - looking for the next Sam Aiken

explaining the picks

4a Reggie Corner and 7c Kennard Cox- why? because the only thing Youboty is developing into is an embarrassment

4b - Derek Fine- coaches said damn if only Schouman was a little bigger he could play

6. Xavier Omon - coaches said damn if only Dwayne Wright was a little faster he could play

Thank you. You're right. People seem to think it's been an "ST" draft. Such nonsense.

explaining the picks

SJ is a lot better than Sam. SJ can become a very soild #2

Steve Johnson wasn't even a full time starter. Not sure dominated the SEC is all that true.

averaging 17 yards a catch in his SEC career is nothing to sneeze at. He is a 7th round pick- and a good 7th round pick at that

explaining the picks

this draft really doesn't bode well for youboty and wright - which of course doesn't bode well for the bills current regime, seeing they picked these guys...........people are well within their rights to question the day two 2008 draft given that connection

this draft really doesn't bode well for youboty and wright - which of course doesn't bode well for the bills current regime, seeing they picked these guys...........people are well within their rights to question the day two 2008 draft given that connection

I would think it didn't bode well for Jabari Greer as well.

averaging 17 yards a catch in his SEC career is nothing to sneeze at. He is a 7th round pick- and a good 7th round pick at that

For once, we agree on something. Johnson could be a steal. Definitely good value where we got him vs. where pre-draft literature said he'd go.

He was thier #2

2007 Yards-1,041 TD-13

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Tj_6OZ7n6ao

By far the Bills best 2nd day pick. Had him has a late 4-Mid 5 guy

Thirteen TD catches last year? Bills WRs had 12. COMBINED.

No, I'm sorry, that's wrong. The entire TEAM had 12, including five by the TEs and one by Anthony Thomas. That leaves SIX for the WRs -- Evans five, Roscoe one.

No complaints about drafting WRs here.

Obvious flaw in this franchise. "responsiblity for other regime drafts" I dont question these drafts year after year. We seem to have great drafts every year to get exited about. I question the front office changes year after year. :bag:

No, I'm sorry, that's wrong. The entire TEAM had 12, including five by the TEs and one by Anthony Thomas. That leaves SIX for the WRs -- Evans five, Roscoe one.

Absolutely. In fact, wouldn't have minded one of our 4ths was spent on another WR.

this draft really doesn't bode well for youboty and wright - which of course doesn't bode well for the bills current regime, seeing they picked these guys

I'd rather they upgraded when they saw the opportunity rather than stood pat because of some concern for defending their legacy.

The current regime is responsible for just about everyone on the roster right now, at minimum for extending their contracts. If we drafted along the offensive line, it would have meant someone was uncomfortable with the depth we established with Merz and Chambers. DE? Maybe it wasn't a great idea to re-sign Kelsay. LB? What, Ellison not working out? Every single position would show the door to some Marv/Jauron pick. It's about doing the best you can in the slot, and taking some risks even if they don't pan out.

I disagree with one aspect of your statement regarding the current regime. Every team, and every front office, is trying to get better and therefore they replace players drafted one year with new and hopefully better players. We are talking about rounds 4 through 7 here. There is no shame in replacing players you drafted one year with better prospects the next next year. That is part of the improvement process. If Omon beats out Wright then how is that bad? Especially of Omon is a backup that can actually contribute (like a Kenny Davis).

I agree that things look tough for Youbouty ... he is an example of a guy that the press projected to be a second rounder, or maybe a first . We all thought we had a steal because he was picked in the 3rd round and projected higher. Many people groaned about drafting Corner, an unknown that did not project to get drafted.

Now, those are some seriously cold hard facts. The Bills passing game is horrible. Fewest sacks or no. :bag:

I'd rather they upgraded when they saw the opportunity rather than stood pat because of some concern for defending their legacy.

The current regime is responsible for just about everyone on the roster right now, at minimum for extending their contracts. If we drafted along the offensive line, it would have meant someone was uncomfortable with the depth we established with Merz and Chambers. DE? Maybe it wasn't a great idea to re-sign Kelsay. LB? What, Ellison not working out? Every single position would show the door to some Marv/Jauron pick. It's about doing the best you can in the slot, and taking some risks even if they don't pan out.

bottom line - if youbouty and wright are performing as expected (or surpassing expectations) they don't need to be replaced.......it's not like they had to light the world on fire - if youbouty was a solid nickel corner people would be happy and the same for wright as a 3rd RB

those picks that were used on their replacements could have been used in a number of other areas - could have used them to trade up, to replace a free agent who left, to protect yourself for a vet who might leave after this season, to acquire future picks in the draft, etc etc...........they shouldn't need to be replaced at this point, and if they are it signals they were bad picks

doesn't really matter what round we're talking about here - the picks have value and replacing guys who should be productive is a waste of that value

Sorry, but I've been told we're all supposed to goose step to the Shout song...

Yeah its to the point where I cant wait for Ashton Youboty to be let go. Hes done nothing for the team......I hope the new rooks play a better role!

While it's a given that Youboty has not been a contributor, but he has shown flashes in his brief appearances. I'll take the side that says the light comes on this year for him and he show what the draft guys saw in him when we drafted him. At the time he was considered a very solid value pick. We'll see. He's got some competition this year so it may well be put up or shut up time for Ashton.