For those who don't like this draft

todd

For those who don't like the draft, please post your resume. Please include the following:

1. number of hours (+/- 20) spent studying film this past offseason. Anything less than 120, don't bother posting.

2. number of years employed by an NFL team evaluating talent

3. Number of combines attended

4. Specialty in evaluation by position, and years evaluating each position

5. If you don't have 5 years evaluating college talent at the NFL level, please post the NFL position you played and # of years at that position.

6. If you have more than 10 years evaluating talent, please give the number of years at the director level.

7. If none of the above, please post the number of years experience as an NFL coach, assistant, or owner.

I just want to get an idea of the credibility of the skeptics around here. Basically, I want to know whose opinions I should ignore.

Why don't you start posting the vast litany of successes that the Bills have had under Majeski and Modrak instead. It would be much shorter, easier, and would save quite a bit of time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't given an opinion either way on the draft. I'm not qualified. I am qualified, however, to call bullsh!t when I see it, though.

And we can argue or disagree with the selections that were made because other teams took those players, in most cases, soon after the Bills had a chance to take them, so obviously THOSE GM's must have had a different opinion on the player than the Bills had. And I am sure you can look up the other 32 GM's and their scouting staffs resumes on your own...they are usually on the team pages of NFL.com

For those who don't like the draft, please post your resume. Please include the following:

1. number of hours (+/- 20) spent studying film this past offseason. Anything less than 120, don't bother posting.

2. number of years employed by an NFL team evaluating talent

3. Number of combines attended

4. Specialty in evaluation by position, and years evaluating each position

5. If you don't have 5 years evaluating college talent at the NFL level, please post the NFL position you played and # of years at that position.

6. If you have more than 10 years evaluating talent, please give the number of years at the director level.

7. If none of the above, please post the number of years experience as an NFL coach, assistant, or owner.

I just want to get an idea of the credibility of the skeptics around here. Basically, I want to know whose opinions I should ignore.

Gee Todd, I'll have to download a copy of my resume to send to you.

Fortunately, I still have a copy of the resume you sent me last week. I think it reflects well on who you really are.

Resume

Todd, you are better than this.

Why must posters on a message board be qualified to dislike, but not to like a draft? Should you too be posting your resume?

Thanks Bill, well said. :beer:

I flunk your "test" but I hate this draft. It baffles me that this team thinks it has the luxury of drafting a slew of special teams/bubble "skill" position players. This squad is a lineman (offensive or defensive) injury away from a 2-14 season. We need to be drafting Peters' and Stroud's replacements, not Hagan's and A-Train's replacements. Look at Parcells' draft if you want to see the correct method for stabilizing your franchise.

While not great, our franchise is stable. So sick of hearing about Parcells. They were 1-15 last year and had the 1st pick in each round. He better have a good draft.

Todd,

Could you please save the "resume" post to bring out whenever some "inexperienced" poster questions running the ball on third or long, or someone without ten years marketing experience questions playing games in Toronto, or when someone without a license as as psychologist questions J.P.'s mental game, or basically if there is any opinion posted by any of these board members at all? (except Simon who has tackled more wide receivers than you have affronted posters--course not sure he would tackle so many if they weren't catching the ball in front of him) Since my own playing career lasted under a decade and I have only been to the one combine, the only football related thing I really have 10 solid years experience on is reading this damn message board. Does that entitle me to evaluate the quality of the posters? If so, I have my assessment of your abilities ready.