7th Round Selection: Steve Johnson WR Kentucky

Don't get me wrong, I like Parrish but his lack of size is a hinderance. The Bills, and most of the NFL are getting bigger at WR and unless Roscoe reallys wows the staff this upcoming camp, his days as a Bill might be over.

Parrish gets a pass based on return ability alone.

Although, I am sick of our underachievers at WR - Reed and Parrish. Thank god we got rid of Price.

I like this pick to add some new blood for our 5th or 6th rcvr

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which I could see him beating out and if not we can use him on ST. Overall nice late round steal.

you do realize that in order for him to be on the roster he HAS TO BEAT HIM OUT! and in order for him to help on ST he needs to BE ON THE ROSTER!

Reed is probably the guy who should be a little worried about this pick (as well as that of James Hardy). This will be Reed's 7th season. He appears to have reached his potential and it doesn't seem to be too high. Both of these guys, while having good speed, profile more as possession receivers, putting them in direct competition with Reed on the depth chart. I think all three will ultimately make the roster, but if anyone is being pushed out the door, its Reed, not Roscoe.

Good point about Reed. IMO, Reed and Parrish are basically interchangeable at WR. I probably am wrong about them letting Roscoe go and it will probably be Reed that might not make it, I just have always likes Reed for some reason, probably his "potential". Either way though, the writing is on the wall for one of them.

Reed is probably the guy who should be a little worried about this pick (as well as that of James Hardy). This will be Reed's 7th season. He appears to have reached his potential and it doesn't seem to be too high. Both of these guys, while having good speed, profile more as possession receivers, putting them in direct competition with Reed on the depth chart. I think all three will ultimately make the roster, but if anyone is being pushed out the door, its Reed, not Roscoe.

Agreed !

Good point about Reed. IMO, Reed and Parrish are basically interchangeable at WR. I probably am wrong about them letting Roscoe go and it will probably be Reed that might not make it, I just have always likes Reed for some reason, probably his "potential". Either way though, the writing is on the wall for one of them.

Reed and Parrish are completely different other than their height. Reed wishes he had Parrish's elusivness and accelaeration. The best thing about Reed is his blocking. Reed's as good as gone IMO if Johnson can play any special teams at all because right now Reed doesn't and he just got demoted (by drafting Hardy) to the #4 wideout at best. johnson's taller than him, faster than him, and catches the ball better than him. jenkins will fill Aiken's role. He started to last year already. The question is whether we keep 5 or 6 WRs. I think 5 and Josh is gone.

Reed is probably the guy who should be a little worried about this pick (as well as that of James Hardy). This will be Reed's 7th season. He appears to have reached his potential and it doesn't seem to be too high. Both of these guys, while having good speed, profile more as possession receivers, putting them in direct competition with Reed on the depth chart. I think all three will ultimately make the roster, but if anyone is being pushed out the door, it's Reed, not Roscoe.

I thought the same thing. Roscoe's speed gives an added element of danger to the offense; whether it be on a trick play, or by creating a mismatch with a #3 or #4 CB. He's also dangerous as a return man, and every punt he returns is one less opportunity for McGee or McKelvin to get injured or fatigued.

On the other hand, Reed is a short, slow, unproductive WR. If Steve Johnson makes the roster, I expect Reed to go.

Reed could be gone, but its more likely the Bills will try to stash this kid away on the PS and go with veteran WR's for this year and maybe next....

There is a HUGE difference playing WR in the NFL from any level of college.... WR is one of the harder to re-learn positions and often takes 2-3 years to even start...

Reed could be gone, but its more likely the Bills will try to stash this kid away on the PS and go with veteran WR's for this year and maybe next....

There is a HUGE difference playing WR in the NFL from any level of college.... WR is one of the harder to re-learn positions and often takes 2-3 years to even start...

That's a pretty big risk if he shows anything at all in camp because other teams can raid your PS whenever they want so it isn't quite stashing. If they want to stash him he needs to be "injured"

Camp injuries can easily clear room.... let's not forget that... and if you're more surprised than you'd hoped there is also trades and other moves... PS would be for a guy who is RAW but has the physical skills to start if they develop.... or at least become journeymen.