*Official Day 2 Draft Thread*

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the hell would anyone want Bowman or Hubbard on this football team? Do you watch football, or just follow names?

That's cool...throw out an insult. I will answer your question anyway. Because we critically need to succeed out of this draft at the WR position. And if the Bills are high on either of these players, then it might makes sense to hedge the high pick of the pick WR Hardy with another big WR that has fallen but is a good player. Yes, I watched both of these players quite a bit in college, particularly Hubbard as I see a lot of Wisconsin games and he is a very good WR.

If you have another opinion, that's cool, but there's no need to ask me a stupid question about how much football I watch.

Anybody else thrilled to see guys that are flagged as "adequate given a particular system" coming off the board to Buffalo?

I don't really care because that phrase is such a CYA phrase. If the guy fails, the evaluator can say "it was because he wasn't in the right system." Besides, at this stage, everyone has flaws.

Xavier Omon (RB) - D2 school (didn't catch it while watching ESPN)

Omon redshirted in 2003. He played in 40 games (31 starts) in his first three seasons (2004-'06), gaining 4,736 rushing yards and 55 touchdowns on 899 carries (5.3 average). In 2007, he led the Division II ranks in rushing, was named the D-II Offensive Player of the Year and became the first back in NCAA history to rush for 1,500 yards in each of four seasons. He ran for an eye-popping 2,337 yards and 37 touchdowns on 370 carries (6.3 average) in 14 games (all starts) as a senior. For his career, he had 90 receptions for 682 yards (7.6 average) and six touchdowns. Omon missed one game in 2005 after suffering an ankle injury, and sat out two games in 2006 because of a rib injury. Omon is a Division II standout who has prototypical size, power and vision as a runner.

Says he led D-II in rushing and was the first D-II guy to go over 1,500 yards in four straight years.

Whee. I thought we had a guy like that already who was pretty good.

Hopefully he's a bastard on ST.

That's cool...throw out an insult. I will answer your question anyway. Because we critically need to succeed out of this draft at the WR position. And if the Bills are high on either of these players, then it might makes sense to hedge the high pick of the pick WR Hardy with another big WR that has fallen but is a good player. Yes, I watched both of these players quite a bit in college, particularly Hubbard as I see a lot of Wisconsin games and he is a very good WR.

If you have another opinion, that's cool, but there's no need to ask me a stupid question about how much football I watch.

Since you've seen a lot of Wisconsin games, then you know that Hubbard is probably the most inconsistent WR in this draft, and constantly drops passes, so I don't need to go into detail about why we shouldn't draft him.

Bowman is just a mess, plain and simple. He has injury concerns, eye problems, and major character issues. The year before last he played like Randy Moss, and its unbelievable how far his regressed since. The guy is just a mess.

Xavier Omon (RB) - D2 school (didn't catch it while watching ESPN)

Omon redshirted in 2003. He played in 40 games (31 starts) in his first three seasons (2004-'06), gaining 4,736 rushing yards and 55 touchdowns on 899 carries (5.3 average). In 2007, he led the Division II ranks in rushing, was named the D-II Offensive Player of the Year and became the first back in NCAA history to rush for 1,500 yards in each of four seasons. He ran for an eye-popping 2,337 yards and 37 touchdowns on 370 carries (6.3 average) in 14 games (all starts) as a senior. For his career, he had 90 receptions for 682 yards (7.6 average) and six touchdowns. Omon missed one game in 2005 after suffering an ankle injury, and sat out two games in 2006 because of a rib injury. Omon is a Division II standout who has prototypical size, power and vision as a runner.

I guess they saw him as BPA. Sounds good, proably can come in on ST as well.

"Omon led NCAA Division II with 2,337 rushing yards (6.3 per attempt) and a whopping 37 touchdowns in 2007, in the process becoming the first back in NCAA history to run for more than 1,500 yards in four different seasons. He's not likely to wow anyone with his straight-line speed, but defenders know how tough he is to bring down."